Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

I think someone was asking about this earlier, but they were misunderstood. Can we get the ability to custom edit the percentages in the world prefab editor instead of the arrows to increase and decrease percentages? I want 60% plains, 25% mountains, 15% hills. I should be allowed to type those values instead of playing the "mini game" decreasing one, then the other, then the other, then the other, before finding out that I cannot do it at all after 15min of trying. Guess 62% 15% 23% is it...

A percentage counter for the math impaired showing the total should suffice. If it doesn't equal 100%, throw an error.

This should go for all percentage-based terrain options.

Edited by XCOUNTRY (see edit history)

47 minutes ago, XCOUNTRY said:

I think someone was asking about this earlier, but they were misunderstood. Can we get the ability to custom edit the percentages in the world prefab editor instead of the arrows to increase and decrease percentages? I want 60% plains, 25% mountains, 15% hills. I should be allowed to type those values instead of playing the "mini game" decreasing one, then the other, then the other, then the other, before finding out that I cannot do it at all after 15min of trying. Guess 62% 15% 23% is it...

A percentage counter for the math impaired showing the total should suffice. If it doesn't equal 100%, throw an error.

This should go for all percentage-based terrain options.

I agree that being able to enter in percentages would be a good QOL update. Until/if that happens, if you start every slider from zero and adjust each up one at a time it is pretty easy to get very close to the percentages you want. It took me no time at all to get 62% plains, 25% mountains, and 12% hills which is probably not going to be a very noticeable difference from 60-25-15.

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Roland said:

I agree that being able to enter in percentages would be a good QOL update. Until/if that happens, if you start every slider from zero and adjust each up one at a time it is pretty easy to get very close to the percentages you want. It took me no time at all to get 62% plains, 25% mountains, and 12% hills which is probably not going to be a very noticeable difference from 60-25-15.

The only problem is he is not going to get 62% plains and 12% hills. He is going to get 62% hills and 12% plains.  I do know if you rename the stamps, hills to plains and plains to hills it will work correctly.

100plains.png

100hills.png

Edited by cammel (see edit history)

16 hours ago, Roland said:

Hopefully with gold they could do that they seem to be saving alot of QQL stuff for gold. Like optimisation 

Well, now I'm just upset and I don't know what to do.

Always been a staple in all of my bases to have a bouncy room.  It's cathartic, it's fun, and now it doesn't work any more.

Y mushrooms not bouncy anymore when they are on the floor?

DANGIT!  

Also, 10 cloth to make 1 tape and the bandage change kinda crap.

Any chance that our "wandering hordes" could actually be hordes? If you played Days Gone, they had like 30-50 zombies walking around together. It got bigger as time went on. Pls🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️

Edited by the_envenom
fix spacing (see edit history)

2 hours ago, the_envenom said:

Any chance that our "wandering hordes" could actually be hordes? If you played Days Gone, they had like 30-50 zombies walking around together. It got bigger as time went on. Pls🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♂️

I loved Days Gone. Such an underrated game (that sadly won't get the sequel that was teased). Pretty sure some of those hordes were numbered 100+.

That being said, I think TFP's main concern with having hordes that have higher numbers than your typical horde night is the hit in performance. Based on your settings, the max number alive on a horde night is 64. It would be nice if wandering hordes could get large like that and I've always been curious as to why they don't have a setting for that.

In the meantime, I've been playing the GNS Hellish Horde mod that does a really good job of increasing the overall size of wandering hordes. It also adds special zombies like mutated and zombie bears (slight chance) to the blood moon hordes. Highly recommended.

9 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

It would be nice if wandering hordes could get large like that and I've always been curious as to why they don't have a setting for that.

My guess is it must have something to do with the Minimum requirements on the store page.

If they put (i.e.) 100 zombies alive in the settings and someone with the Min Reqs computer tries it, and the game hangs, then you have a problem.

32 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

the max number alive on a horde night is 64.

... and the max number per player is 8. Unless they can make sure that a wandering horde is only showing up for one player at a time that limit would count for them as well.

TFP posted an idea about an event system 1-2 years ago that they wanted to implement if time permits, it would be interesting to know where it is in their current priority list. That would have permitted them to surprise one player with a much larger list of zombies while the other players would have seen almost none at that moment. Though the difficulty would have been what to do if one starts a quest a few seconds later, for example in the prison.

58 minutes ago, meganoth said:

... and the max number per player is 8. Unless they can make sure that a wandering horde is only showing up for one player at a time that limit would count for them as well.

TFP posted an idea about an event system 1-2 years ago that they wanted to implement if time permits, it would be interesting to know where it is in their current priority list. That would have permitted them to surprise one player with a much larger list of zombies while the other players would have seen almost none at that moment. Though the difficulty would have been what to do if one starts a quest a few seconds later, for example in the prison.

Nav County jail is one of if not the BEST POI for this reason.  On infestation it was a mad house. Plus the screamers I brought in. It made horde night horde look small.  

I do wish there was more zombies in the mix, Especially in the early game. Even a few extra specials like mutated zombies. 

Hell I don't care if they throw a screamers or two on horde night. 

On 8/13/2023 at 8:40 PM, cammel said:

The only problem is he is not going to get 62% plains and 12% hills. He is going to get 62% hills and 12% plains.  I do know if you rename the stamps, hills to plains and plains to hills it will work correctly.

100plains.png

100hills.png

Trying to get some flat spots for building a custom city is a challenge lately with RWG. I have tried Teragon but didn't like it. So now I take one small western town and remove all of the prefabs there and place my custom prefabs in that flat area. I really wish that if it says plains it would be flat.

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Nav County jail is one of if not the BEST POI for this reason.  On infestation it was a mad house. Plus the screamers I brought in. It made horde night horde look small.  

I do wish there was more zombies in the mix, Especially in the early game. Even a few extra specials like mutated zombies. 

Hell I don't care if they throw a screamers or two on horde night. 

By coincidence we visited the jail as well on saturday, with infestation and in the wasteland. It was glorious.

But I hope there will only be very few POIs of this design. It should be special and when someone wants a blood bath he knows where to get it. But if every high-tier POI had this, just a succession of waves of zombies, this would get stale very fast.

6 hours ago, the_envenom said:

How far down can you dig again in Days Gone?

3 hours ago, HB_H4wk said:

Trying to get some flat spots for building a custom city is a challenge lately with RWG. I have tried Teragon but didn't like it. So now I take one small western town and remove all of the prefabs there and place my custom prefabs in that flat area. I really wish that if it says plains it would be flat.

Set hills to 60%-100% and set the plains 0%-40%. As long as you have a higher % of hills than plains you will get more flat areas

Edited by cammel (see edit history)

On 8/15/2023 at 4:08 PM, Syphon583 said:

I loved Days Gone. Such an underrated game (that sadly won't get the sequel that was teased). Pretty sure some of those hordes were numbered 100+.

That being said, I think TFP's main concern with having hordes that have higher numbers than your typical horde night is the hit in performance. Based on your settings, the max number alive on a horde night is 64. It would be nice if wandering hordes could get large like that and I've always been curious as to why they don't have a setting for that.

In the meantime, I've been playing the GNS Hellish Horde mod that does a really good job of increasing the overall size of wandering hordes. It also adds special zombies like mutated and zombie bears (slight chance) to the blood moon hordes. Highly recommended.

Count ears after a horde, I have gotten over 200. I think the one behind the waterfall/lake is the largest in the game.

While I would love to see real TWD type hordes (@%$# I would love to see a TWD game that doesn't suck), you're talking about a game with a static map vs one that is fully destructible voxels. There just isn't enough compute.

Hell even Project Zomboid, which is much simpler graphicswise and has some pretty large hordes, they still leave a lot to be desired.

I still think they could do something like Dying Light where they have huge hordes but most of them the AI is turned off, only the ones near you, and only so many can be active at 1 time, but it does give the illusion of a huge horde instead of them just spawning out of the air. I'm talking the original, no idea how the sequel does it since I gave it a miss.

Anyway, that's not what I'm here to talk about, I came to talk about the draft the loot in the latest build. Was it significantly overhauled or was I just a lot luckier this time? I seemed to be stuck getting the same weapon mods over and over. I've gotten a much better distribution this go. Otherwise the old mod I removed was really @%$#ing things up.

Edited by Krougal (see edit history)

On 8/15/2023 at 4:08 PM, Syphon583 said:

Again something they should add to the base game or at least have it a setting like 

"Zombie horde type" (easy Normal hard very hard insane) 

And allow you to up the zombie spawn % in settings like what console did. 

If I want My pine forest to be like the wasteland.  I should without mods or XML 

A bunch of things should be like that but that's a post for another day.  

Hopefully they will take that under consideration around gold or so

I open the solar cell search program.

182 hours in A21 mode and only 4 solar cells of the 6th level.
It seems to me that you have reduced the probability of their appearance at the merchant too much.
In previous alphas, I collected a solar panel and 6 level 6 elements in almost every survival, now, even with more than 250,000 dukes, I can't get them.
Let them be even more expensive, the main thing is that they can be guaranteed to be found at the seller.
Or give the opportunity to create them for a large amount of resources.

18 minutes ago, the_envenom said:

Why is there blue on the side of the moon? 

Is this a bug or part of the game?

20230816210741_1.jpg

IKR? Last time I had to turn off the game because... how could I play knowing that? :rolleyes2:

I was strolling around and casually looking at the moon with my sniper rifle, and BAM! That blue got in my head! :madgrin: