Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

21 hours ago, NukemDed said:

id be willing to try a flamethrower on a shark if i had to

A high enough temperature jet of material at the proper pressure could render what is normally fire suppressant into a rather potent fuel source. Though good luck finding something like that outside of a research lab, much less a man portable version.

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

Wait till he finds the native American burial grounds 

But I swear this is in nazagane. Unless I'm getting them mixed up. I know there's one 

Iirc it was southish of Trader Joel's current location, on top of a hill before you hit the burnt biome. Eastish of his location last Alpha.

Edited by hiemfire
synonym for "suppressant" was partially censored (see edit history)

6 hours ago, hiemfire said:

A high enough temperature jet of material at the proper pressure could render what is normally fire suppressant into a rather potent fuel source. Though good luck finding something like that outside of a research lab, much less a man portable version.

Iirc it was southish of Trader Joel's current location, on top of a hill before you hit the burnt biome. Eastish of his location last Alpha.

Wasn't that just a small mine? I know there's a little dirt road going to it now.

9 minutes ago, Old Crow said:

Wasn't that just a small mine? I know there's a little dirt road going to it now.

That's the one I'm thinking of. What is depicted in the image may be that or something added for A21. Block the entrance with a bit of rubble or topsoil and it should make a good temporary hideout.

3 hours ago, hiemfire said:

That's the one I'm thinking of. What is depicted in the image may be that or something added for A21. Block the entrance with a bit of rubble or topsoil and it should make a good temporary hideout.

I used that as a base actually during A20, on my single player "testing" world. It really does work great as a single-person bolt-hole..

To TFP, good day.

For the life of me I have no idea why I'm getting these warnings when loading game ... I have No extra containers in the world other than at My base that I'm Building. 

Thought I might share it with you guys and maybe you can figure it out. But ... since they are yellow warnings at this time, I'm not to concern about it.

Thank you for a great game and have a good week. The OldGamer😌

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2023.08.08 - 20.15.08.54.png

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

4 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

To TFP, good day.

For the life of me I have no idea why I'm getting these warnings when loading game ... I have No extra containers in the world other than at My base that I'm Building. 

Thought I might share it with you guys and maybe you can figure it out. But ... since they are yellow warnings at this time, I'm not to concern about it.

Thank you for a great game and have a good week. The OldGamer😌

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2023.08.08 - 20.15.08.54.png

Looks like it's giving you the coordinates of the problem objects.  Perhaps you could try to locate them and see what is there?

Hey guys, filthy mac gamer here. I just have a few questions regarding A21 using Apple.

I've heard Alpha 21 properly supports Metal now, but I've searched every corner of the internet and these forums without finding any info on the topic, or if it actually provides a measurable benefit for ARM based Macs since I am using an M1 Macbook Pro. I also wasn't able to find any information on the technical/performance differences between running 7 days on Mac, and running it on Windows. As far as I know, restriction of resolution size options is the only difference outside of FPS I've noticed on the Mac-based version, but maybe something else is causing it that I'm not aware of.

If someone has information regarding improved A21 support for metal, and/or can provide any differences between Windows/Mac versions (performance, graphics, settings, technicals, etc.) it would be super helpful. 

11 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

I think the POI designers will be happy to read this post from Steam, congrats! :thumb:

Could someone relay this to them? @Laz Man

There's a tier 4 I did the other day that was awesome.  Called stand tower or something like that.  2 highrises next to each other but one's fallen over and all disorienting to path through.  Reminded me of the Cloverfield building ( or the ones from Idiocracy tied together with rope).  Either way, yeah the new places are fun.

1 hour ago, GoofMcGee said:

There's a tier 4 I did the other day that was awesome.  Called stand tower or something like that.  2 highrises next to each other but one's fallen over and all disorienting to path through.  Reminded me of the Cloverfield building ( or the ones from Idiocracy tied together with rope).  Either way, yeah the new places are fun.

Is that new to A21? I know there was a toppled skyscraper POI in the last alpha, but I haven't come across it or any like yet in my playthroughs. In any case, yes, the POI makers are earning every penny. Excellent work.

On 8/10/2023 at 4:09 PM, meilodasreh said:

but locating this wrong position would be impossible, because that is the bug, isn't it?

Just look at the "minus in the millions" number there, this has to be "out of bounds"

co-ordinates are x,z,y so your negative numbers are WAY below bedrock ! 

7 hours ago, Eduho said:

To change the subject, I imagine that each one would like some more than others. Is there any way that you could consider driving from inside the vehicle? . I hope it is well translated 

They've stated that the current following camera viewpoint is all that they have planned for driving views.

6 hours ago, spud42 said:

co-ordinates are x,z,y so your negative numbers are WAY below bedrock ! 

Yeah I wasn't exactly sure what direction it was, also because y and z axis are used differently over the countries of this world. In some y is height/elevation, in others it's z. But in either way, onemillionsomething is way beyond whatever 😄

...dang now that I'm thinking about this topic, I have to fire up the game just to check where 0.0.0 is (center of the map, bottom left, whatever). Why am I such a guy who can't go to sleep with the feeling of something hasn't yet fallen into the correct place in my head.

Thanks brain. Love you too.

There could be a bug with POI "Johnson's Warehouses" (the one with the flaming ramp):

I cleaned and looted the POI and switched off the fires at the ramp.

But when I came back some days later to get the remaining clay / cubblestone blocks etc. the flames where active again but I couldn't use the valve another time.

image.thumb.png.23e4823bb745ddb7dc6d360e1ea79c45.png

image.thumb.png.8a5b1ba07d31ce6601312386d666b92b.png

Btw. loot respawn / junk reset is disabled.

Edited by Thaledwyn (see edit history)

7 hours ago, meilodasreh said:

Yeah I wasn't exactly sure what direction it was, also because y and z axis are used differently over the countries of this world. In some y is height/elevation, in others it's z. But in either way, onemillionsomething is way beyond whatever 😄

...dang now that I'm thinking about this topic, I have to fire up the game just to check where 0.0.0 is (center of the map, bottom left, whatever). Why am I such a guy who can't go to sleep with the feeling of something hasn't yet fallen into the correct place in my head.

Thanks brain. Love you too.

0,0,0 X,Z,Y is the center of the map. west is negative number (X) and south is a negative number(Y) . height (Z) goes from 0 to 255 bedrock to build height limit.  desert ground level is around 30 from what i can remember. when you hit M for the map it tells you your height  as you dig it approches 0..lol

4 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

There could be a bug with POI "Johnson's Warehouses" (the one with the flaming ramp):

I cleaned and looted the POI and switched off the fires at the ramp.

But when I came back some days later to get the remaining clay / cubblestone blocks etc. the flames where active again but I couldn't use the valve another time.

image.thumb.png.23e4823bb745ddb7dc6d360e1ea79c45.png

image.thumb.png.8a5b1ba07d31ce6601312386d666b92b.png

Btw. loot respawn / junk reset is disabled.

Pretty sure that's a bug, you can put in a bug report using the red banner at the top. Or if you would rather someone else do that, I can submit one instead. I was able to get the same behavior by turning off the switch, leaving the building, relogging, and going back into the building.

Hello, i was wanting to share some information about a21 and for the life of me do not understand why so many Chinese servers show up in my region list. Is there ANYONE out there who knows why this is? I play on Nimage.thumb.png.a3ba4463c5d6a403b69c6e0a6faeafc7.pngorth America West and all i ever see is chinese servers to play on when i try to join.

So with Alpha 22, i do wonder about the armor/outfits and other stuff @faatal

(no im not going to argue i think its a great addition. because it will turn most armor/clothes into something useful, like whos going to wear goth boots?)

i have a few questions about it. 

Is it a 4-piece system (hat, body, gloves, and boots) or a 5-piece (hat, body. legs, boots, gloves). i know it sounds odd but it would go a long way for customization/roleplay/whatever 

from what i remember we are NOT going to be able to wear/craft the Bandit armors. is this idea changed or remained the same, if so how come?

Are armors changed from what REAL models have been shown? like commando armor had a few things changed compared to the one model we can find In game ATM (mostly the hat being backward? again it sounds weird but just a small question. 

and

How is the radiation system going to work? will it just deal damage or work something like in the fallout games? 

Spoiler

for people who wonder why i space stuff out like this, for ME, its much easier too read cuz im a Dunce LMAO

i know its not a great time to ask but I AWAIT THE FORUM CRACK HE-
KRACKEN!

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

Hello, i was wanting to share some information about a21 and for the life of me do not understand why so many Chinese servers show up in my region list. Is there ANYONE out there who knows why this is?

Well this isn't the first time this "issue" shows up I remember.

It was mentioned in A20 already, but I didn't keep track on this topic.

Did a quick search for you for a starting point of further investigation, maybe if you read the related posts you will find a solution:

6 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

How is the radiation system going to work? will it just deal damage or work something like in the fallout games? 

Hide contents

I know the beginnings of the radiation system are in A21. The mutant zombie (bubblehead) deals radiation damage with his spit, but so far it just deals direct damage to the player. I'm interested to see how it'll pan out once they've put more work into it to get the idea they're going for.

21 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

Hello, i was wanting to share some information about a21 and for the life of me do not understand why so many Chinese servers show up in my region list. Is there ANYONE out there who knows why this is? I play on Nimage.thumb.png.a3ba4463c5d6a403b69c6e0a6faeafc7.pngorth America West and all i ever see is chinese servers to play on when i try to join.

Wish you would have shown your whole screenshot instead of just a tiny part. I just went on North America West and did get several chinese servers intermixed with others  but nothing like this.

1 hour ago, Roland said:

I just went on North America West and did get several chinese servers intermixed with others  but nothing like this.

Looks like a frined of mine is having the same issue over on North American East..

Darksim — 08/10/2023 9:29 PM
"WTF's up with all these Chinese servers???"

image.png.8bc72d2a97907a65283a343dd6a22f2c.png

Its not hard to see.. go to any region in the server list chinese servers everywhere

Edited by Grandpa Minion (see edit history)