Where to find acid in A20?

Rusrec00

Having trouble finding acid in A20.  At some point I have found a bit and was able to make bicycles for the crew (4 of us playing together).  Now we are ready to make the chem station, which would allow us to craft acid, but ironically, we cant find the acid to craft the chem station.  Anyone have tips on finding acid?

I've found plenty of sewing kits in trash piles, haven't been an issue at all in single player though a bit tight in multiplayer with 3 people. Acid though has been rough even in single player. I made one wheel so far, found or bought the rest of the wheels for the vehicles I've made. Now can't find any acid to make a chem station despite having the book for getting acid from salvaging and stuff.

I've been checking garbage the entire time. My observations are that they've added a bunch of building materials to the garbage loot and removed other stuff so it seems like its changed to me. I'm not big on diving into xml files for the loot lists so maybe someone can do a little confirming?

Edited by Urban Blackbear (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Urban Blackbear said:

I've been checking garbage the entire time. My observations are that they've added a bunch of building materials to the garbage loot and removed other stuff so it seems like its changed to me. I'm not big on diving into xml files for the loot lists so maybe someone can do a little confirming?

Ask and you shall received.  Here are all the lootgroups with acid in them (trash only) -  I kept all of the items so you can see what they are competing with

<lootgroup name="groupCraftingUncommon" count="1">
    <item name="resourceSewingKit" count ="1,2"/>
    <item name="resourceGunPowder" count ="1,10"/>
    <item name="resourceDuctTape" count ="1,2"/>
    <item name="resourceOil" count ="1,5"/>
    <item name="resourceSpring" count ="1,2"/>
    <item name="resourceHeadlight" count ="1,2"/>
    <item name="resourceElectricParts" count ="1,2"/>
    <item name="resourceMechanicalParts" count ="1,2"/>
    <item name="resourceAcid" count ="1" loot_prob_template="low"/>
</lootgroup>

<lootgroup name="groupJunk02" count="1">
    <item group="groupScrapUncommon" loot_prob_template="med"/>
    <item group="groupCraftingUncommon" loot_prob_template="med"/>
    <item group="groupBuildingUncommon" loot_prob_template="med"/>
    <item group="groupAmmoResourcesSmall" loot_prob_template="low"/>
    <item name="resourceFeather" count="1,5" loot_prob_template="low"/>
</lootgroup>

lootgroup name="groupJunk" count="all">
    <item group="groupJunk01" count="1"/>
    <item group="groupJunk02" loot_prob_template="low" force_prob="true"/>
    <item group="groupJunk03" loot_prob_template="veryLow" force_prob="true"/>
</lootgroup>

Some containers only have groupJunk, others have additional groups besides groupJunk

Additional information

"low" probability - prob=0.2

"med" probability - prob=0.5

I don't know why a lot of people don't know this, but with the acid book, there's a 50% chance of getting acid everytime you break a white medical cabinet.

Why do people only think it applies to cars? (it's in the description)
Also, green acid barrels have a chance of acid too when wrenched!

22 hours ago, Orclover said:

Acid and Wheels are the gate for vehicles it seems.  In the old days you could chop up cars and tires for wheels and it solved that problem, now with the scarcity of wheels we have people who still have not gotten a motorcycle at 50 days into the game.

Which why I skip the motorbike and go straight to the motorcycle. Either by buying parts from the trader or pointing enough points into building one. 

40 minutes ago, seagas said:

Which why I skip the motorbike and go straight to the motorcycle. Either by buying parts from the trader or pointing enough points into building one. 

We had people on our server who had gotten motorcycles and suddenly wanted 4x4's before other people had even gotten motorcycles (groups not big on hand me downs).  So there were silent groans as the wheels and acid went toward making 4x4's for some people.  It was pretty funny.

I have looted 1 acid in 30 days. I have found most of the tires and bought acid from the traders to build the chem station. I had to bounce between 5 traders on every respawn day to just find those.

I built my minibike and my motorcycle and now have 7 wheels in storage. All those wheels are from looting, not crafting. (Default settings solo)

edit: no issue with sewing kits though. I've crafted 2 complete armor sets and sold a full stack to the trader.

Edited by falloutcloud (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

Breaking a perfectly good loot container just doesn't seem right to me. Especially for a small chance at getting an acid. The loot respawns eventually. I'm more concerned with sewing kits anyway. I can't make any iron or steel armor because I can't find the damn things.

See I had the same issue too, so I took the choice away by setting loot respawn to never  🙂

57 minutes ago, Maharin said:

What?  No mention of going out for an acid trip?

Spoiler

It was college 1999. The snow was falling and me and my buddies had just dropped 2 hits each. We decided that while we waited we'd walk down to the Sheetz station and grab some sandwiches. We were poor college kids and back then Sheetz policy was you could order food before you paid for it. It took us so long in the store that the snow that was falling had piled up and somehow my dumb friend Tom had lost his shoes so we wrapped his feet in sandwich paper and walked back. It snowed 16" the first hour that night and the whole town was out sleigh riding in the streets or racing their 4x4s.

I either had a good run of luck or loot stage 50 is some sort of breaking point. I found 6 sewing kits and 4 acid just doing my normal trash diving.

7 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

Breaking a perfectly good loot container just doesn't seem right to me. Especially for a small chance at getting an acid. The loot respawns eventually. I'm more concerned with sewing kits anyway. I can't make any iron or steel armor because I can't find the damn things.

I wouldn't worry about it too much friend! There are over hundreds of the same loot containers, losing 20 max is no biggy, especially since POIs refresh over time. Obviously don't go breaking everything all the time, but don't be nervous about it if you need it!

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm,  I'm really running into this problem ,  Day 39 now, with a group of 4,  (but most nights just 2 players during the weekdays)  We have two bicycles, and one minibike,  and for the past 11 days sitting on just 3 acid,  so unable to craft a chemistry station.   The Hunt for its becoming a big issue.  One of our "normally" regular players declined to join in last night,  saying "I need to relax and not get stressed,  so I'm going to just play  xxxxx car racing game name not included out of respect for this games forums XXX".  Of course I know that everyone needs a break and change of pace now and then,  Our little group has been punching at A20 since it dropped on that Monday, about a month ago.   The current "world"  I am hosting is the 3rd One generated since A20 came out.   I abandoned the first one after having suspicions My game might be corrupted because I still had two older A19 games saved (for Nostalgia);  so then We started in on a second world.  Then after hearing one of our favorite Mod Authors updated his Mod for A20,  We started this current world,  with just two Mods added.  But now on Day 39 and the frustration over item scarcity seems to be bringing the mood and the enthusiasm down a notch.   As the 'Host'  for My friends,  I suppose I feel a bit of responsibility to try to make the time together enjoyable,   In trying to find acid,  We have tried logic --- first targeting places that seem logical to find acid.   I -------------  really should have known better than to suggest that, as logic really doesn't seem to have anything to do with item scarcity in 7D2D,  and honestly I don't think it ever has.   But still,  We have gotten to the point that We never wear nerdy glasses anymore,  everyone is too worried that they will miss "any chance"  at finding acid so those that have loot goggles wear them constantly.   Last night two of Us went through Day 35 horde,  then the next day set out ---- as usual,  with the goal of finding acid.    Only one minibike,  so we set off in different directions to cover different areas.   building after building with more of the same items,  rocks, wood, paper, empty jars et al.   I've made every sink surrender its contents for a 3 km radius...lol   visited Waterworks,  Toilets-2-Go,  Every Pass-N-Gas,  and visiting each of 4 traders we have uncovered each time a trade restock day hits.   really at the point of NEEDING the use of a chem station,  but our second priority is finding or buying wheels also.     I saw from an earlier post someone checking the code of the loot lists and acid only showed up on  4 "junk lists"  Did I read that correctly?   Really feeling I need some inspiration,  or maybe just a "hang in there' to keep My grin in place.   I'm starting to believe I am going to wind up having to locate the Wasteland and forage there ........... just to find a stupid freaking few bottles of acid.  *sigh*

Dipequalspower1.jpg