The Fun Pimps really need a sound guy!

geengaween

This game's sound design is pretty terrible if we're being honest. The zombies make stock zombie noises, when they hit walls it sounds like a cartoon punch, and the constant birdsong track in woodland areas is pretty annoying.

TFP need a dedicated sound designer who is passionate about sound. Sound and ambiance is a massive part of a game's tone and atmosphere, and 7DTD needs serious work in that area. With some professional sound design it could be an extremely creepy and atmospheric game.

1 hour ago, geengaween said:

The zombies make stock zombie noises

Much of the game used stock assets at one time and those placeholders are methodically being replaced with original assets in anticipation of gold release. Sound will get its turn at some point.

Ekkk, do you want confuse us old 7Days player with new sounds ? 🙂

Do you know how long it will take again to get confortable with the new sounds, i bet we will die multiple times before we notice some Z scratch out back.

And btw. music is allways i turn off at any new game i get ! 🙂

I'd love it if they gave us a new positive-sounding level up sound. The current one sounds too much like the sound that played when your wellness went down a point in A16, so it feels like I'm being punished when I hear it. Path of Exile has the best level up sound (angels singing).

The audio is not in sync with the position of the ragdoll animations. I am wearing my headphones properly as far as I`m concerned... Cloud Alpha and X370 motherboard - integrated sound card. Watching zombified sliding downhill and listening to the unsynced moans at the top of the mountain is a bit painful. I realize that the game is in Alpha, but still it has been like that since quite few alphas over the years.

Without setting the tone/mood for the game I would rather not record a soundtrack for the game.

Sound direction is also very confusing.

Often I have no idea whether zeds are coming from left, right, front or behind - so I run few steps in each direction and try to judge by loudness of the noise.

This might easily be the most annoying thing for me currently.

On 9/22/2021 at 5:36 PM, Maharin said:

With some POI's, Qbert noises might be more appropriate.

Q*bert (Video Game) - TV Tropes

Wow. I had forgotten about this game and I played it so much when I could find it.  The arcade had an actual steel ball or something in it “drop” or “hit” when you fell off the platform. No electronic noise. Probably an old pinball machine mechanic.

The “cursing” and “qubert jump block change” sounds could be added to the jumping spider zed!