the wasteland rewards is not worth the danger except for harvesting wood and iron.

ElCabong

I have got a few missions on day two in the wasteland during the day.

The first one I had some ads that I don't normally get and dealt with. The reward was nothing exceptional for a level one quest.

The second one though, a zombie bear decided to crawl into the tunnel I was in after me...

Fortunately I was like 3 ft from the ladder so I shimmied up the ladder and the bear managed to take a bite out of my rear but couldn't figure out how to climb a ladder. I left it there because I had a primitive bow and 30 stone arrows. The reward was no better.

If I'm going to get missions in the wasteland I'm probably going to decline them because the reward is not worth the risk of getting killed and losing stuff.. After I've established myself and are taking level three or four missions, I might change my mind. It's just another quest even though the reward is not going to be exceptional. And zombie bears are great for your farm and hobo stew.

Harvesting wood and iron during the day is great in the wasteland and the danger is worth the reward. Watch out for the bears and dogs. You're more likely to encounter ferals but that just takes patience and proper club technique.

Of course A20 is going to be different. This is the game we have now.

5 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

Harvesting wood and iron during the day is great in the wasteland and the danger is worth the reward.

I'd recommend getting the wood from almost anywhere else. Though the I-beams are tempting, iron mining makes a lot of noise and it's probably better to locate a deposit in any other biome and be so much safer.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

2 hours ago, Junuxx said:

Echoing Morloc's comments, what's so great about wasteland wood?

Wood is nothing different from what you get somewhere else but it's right by the iron . It is also easier to spot bird's nests.  You also pick up coal which keeps you from burning wood. Take all that together it's a better place to harvest.

Since a nightmare run through the wasteland, i avoid to enter the wasteland if i can.

While i drive through the wasteland with the motobike i hit a mine and died.

On the way back to the bike, i hit 3 more times some mines and needed to start over.

Wasteland only on streets for me now, except i got more health and explosion resitance.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:22 AM, ElCabong said:

If I'm going to get missions in the wasteland I'm probably going to decline them because the reward is not worth the risk of getting killed and losing stuff.. After I've established myself and are taking level three or four missions, I might change my mind. It's just another quest even though the reward is not going to be exceptional. And zombie bears are great for your farm and hobo stew.

Wasteland is for XP. Since most are feral, you get alot more exp than one normally would there. Great for Raid EXP farms which is what I use wasteland for.
I suggest quit trying to kill everything and just go about your business and then it is worth.
You also gota remember, the wasteland is intended for 'endgame' content or those seeking a challenge/jump in loot tables.
From my calculations in A19.5, wasteland actually has no benefit over frozen loot table, both get a rough '+2' from green biome loot tables with desert being inbetween.
Wasteland actually also has the +2 (so you gain no extra loot chances over frozen) but also has more dangerous and more often zed spawns of ANY type, favoring feral.
Further, ALL zeds repop at night time in wasteland. Its really just for XP and a challenge.
-=Note=-
Pimps have already said they are going to make wasteland harder with better loot tables so I think its just a work in progress there.

Wasteland for me, I avoid untill endgame and I have vehicles. If im doing quests there, I take double the ammo cuz I expect war.

PS: Wasteland tends to spawn more industrial factories for weapons, meds, ect.

Edited by Pichii (see edit history)

I thought biome/loot/difficulty rebalance wasn't coming till A20? If thats the case, I'd wait and see what changes are made. You should definitely have more loot given that its so dangerous, it likely wouldn't have been picked clean like a small town in the forest.

I use forges, campfires, and other things at night. I harvest and kill, sometimes going to the wasteland to hunt them. I look at things differently being THE alpha tribe from Ark (as in, me, myself, and I, no other players) and I hunt the zeds, not the other way around. I can level to 300 quickly in there, and that creepy siren that plays in the background is great ambiance.