A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

I see there is a configuration file(ConfigUI.txt) that defines all the UI selected options. Server Managers everywhere could embed this app if a couple small things were added:

* A new configUI.txt option was added to trigger the "generate world" button automatically upon execution of the jar

* A CLI option for the jar (or perhaps a second jar, but that seems excessive) to NOT open the UI, but instead run the jar in headless or text-only mode.

In addition, if you add these two small options (to disable the GUI, and an option to automatically trigger the world generation) people who run Linux servers could set this up to run directly on their server. I've run some tests on my own server and found I could run the jar on my Linux server and use X11 Forwarding and XQuartz to present the GUI locally on my laptop. Running the jar on my server, I can generate an 8k map in 4 minutes or less. In addition, I've set up the output folder to be the same as my GeneratedWorlds folder on my server. At that point, the only thing I have to do is set up the serverconfig.xml in 7DTD to match the map name. It works REALLY well... minus having to use a GUI and X11. :(

Please consider this improvement. I would think it should be a relatively easy modification for you to provide an option to disable the GUI and to kick off generation automatically via ConfigUI.txt variable.

Life_For_Dead Try this

Heights are basically grayscale,

create a png 8192 8192

open Krita

go to pixel brush

pick color 75 75 75

paint whole picture same color

rename import_HM.png to import_HM orig.png

save your pic as import_HM.png

save it to the resources folder

should have a 75 block high floor approx.

just remember 0 0 0 is bedrock

255 255 255 is build height limit or ceiling for now.

Life_For_Dead Try this

Heights are basically grayscale,

create a png 8192 8192

open Krita

go to pixel brush

pick color 75 75 75

paint whole picture same color

rename import_HM.png to import_HM orig.png

save your pic as import_HM.png

save it to the resources folder

should have a 75 block high floor approx.

just remember 0 0 0 is bedrock

255 255 255 is build height limit or ceiling for now.

Thanks for you answer!

& so I try it and seem like oky but there's a little problem.

I choose "only snow" but the biome is forest o_O

I fix it by copy "biomes.png" from a another worldgen.

Hello

I want to know if it is possible with 'nitrogenmap' to build a map with only the city in the desert and scorched earth biomes.

I wish there were no forest biome cities by facility to restore the map for players.

Do you have an idea please?

excuse me if you don't understand a few words because i use a translator.

thx7dtdscrren.jpg.025d534504e817949461f9b4832a20bc.jpg

Edited by noname835
screen (see edit history)

So whats up with the roads being reallllly weird compaired to normal random gen? Like some of the buildings have a road around it yet isnt connected to the main road system in the citys and it makes for an ugly/problematic city. I also cant seem to find many new buildings added in 18. I mean i have found some but they are realllllly rare. Regardless thanks for the work!!!

Change your road settings and city layout. Sounds like you have few roads and irregular city layout.

I only use many roads, and have tried tight, medium, and wide and all produce these pockets of cities where some buildings are just not connected to anything at all. is this a bug for me spacificly or am i just not doing something right? This very well could be a me issue.

Is there a way, via any of the config files, to make a specific POI ONLY spawn in a specific biome? Nitrogen works great for Darkness Falls, but there are a few POIs that only should spawn in the wasteland, but can go anywhere when generated via NG.