A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Question:

I made a map that I really liked but there was this weird thing, the terrain was not smooth. In a relatively flat area, small slopes were choppy, like the blocks didn't smoothly connect. (not talking about mountains) This made it painful to drive with a motorbike. It was bouncing all around and never keeping the speed every time I drow up or down a hill. Maybe it was the border of POIs or cities... IKD.

What's that all about? Is there some option I need to tick? How to avoid it? In the original random gen the ground is smooth...

EDIT:

What I mean by "ground not being smooth" is that some slopes are in between of the random gen sooth terrain and the old blocky world before smooth voxels.

Edited by toores (see edit history)

Question:

I made a map that I really liked but there was this weird thing, the terrain was not smooth. In a relatively flat area, small slopes were choppy, like the blocks didn't smoothly connect. (not talking about mountains) This made it painful to drive with a motorbike. It was bouncing all around and never keeping the speed every time I drow up or down a hill. Maybe it was the border of POIs or cities... IKD.

What's that all about? Is there some option I need to tick? How to avoid it? In the original random gen the ground is smooth...

EDIT:

What I mean by "ground not being smooth" is that some slopes are in between of the random gen sooth terrain and the old blocky world before smooth voxels.

Something .. I hate when people make Comments .. OR .. Complaints …. OK .. SO WHAT WERE YOUR SETTING: It all has to do with the setting you put in the building of your WORLD.

Do you think We or " Damocles " are mind readers.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Landscape: balanced

Smothing: default

I'm not complaining about the mountains and that area. Just regular ground seems like the voxels didn't connect properly and most slopes have this ground resembling moguls from an afternoon ski slope...

Landscape: balanced

Smothing: default

I'm not complaining about the mountains and that area. Just regular ground seems like the voxels didn't connect properly and most slopes have this ground resembling moguls from an afternoon ski slope...

That's part of the Problem .. You want smoother terrain .. You need to go to a higher setting in smoothness .. I either of the last 2 .. I Use _

1 .. smoothing _ Smooth and under that 2 .. flatland style _ mostly flat ……. and it normally come out really nice .. also you might want to under road condition _ light damage …….. that should give you the Old style of A 15 7D2D RWG .. when RWG worked as it should. Also just thinking under Landscape .. Try _ mostly flatland ……. You still will have mountains, just not as many.

Just a couple of thoughts

Ok, I thought that smoothing applied for figgers scale terrain. I generated a map with "smooth" and the ground was flat but the world was boring and flat and had those big dirt plains. It looked like lakes but no water was in them.

In general, I like mountains and uneven terrain. I just don't like if all the small slopes (inclines) are undrivable.

BTW, thanks for answering. I'm just starting to mess around with the tool and it is an excellent addition to the game until TFP optimizes their own RWG.

Edited by toores (see edit history)

Never seen it in me life lol.

Bridge and caves are the two things I miss the most. I have hundreds of hours in game and have only seen bridges in this build since they took out rivers 2 or so years ago. They would make a great base for early game given how easy it feels to defend.

I hope Nitrogen will implement bridges when crossing water waters in the future.

Map Issues

Hello all,

Can anyone shed some light on why this keeps happening, every map I make?

nitromapissue.jpg.c0de4765487cfdf24d50922167a61e9d.jpg

Now, some background on that picture. As I move into the world, the gap moves with me (flying, using cheat mode, but happens without cheat mode as well but you just fall into oblivion), no trees or bushes load in and also buildings dont appear right. Now, the world is split into Snow (north), Burnt (middle) and Desert (south). The snow biome worked fine, but as soon as I crossed over into the middle biome, this happened.

I am using a custom height map and mask for this world but the problem is not unique to this map, every map I generate with Nitrogen is developing this issue. Now, from all the happy users of nitrogen I can only assume this is somehow an issue with my computers generation of the maps, but to what end I have no idea.

The same issue is replicated on my server and home PC, despite trying several methods to install the map (using the nitrogen folder or copying over files to a different folder).

My settings for nitrogen:

nitrosettings.jpg.21d12b7449fb1d864e31e44a37b3afa2.jpg

This could quite easily be something simple I am over looking or something more problematic. I would really love to use nitrogen for my servers custom world but at the moment I have to stick with Alpha 18's built in world gen. I have had a browse and search of the topic, unless I have missed something, I dont think anyone else seems to be having this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Is there a setting to have the roads visible in game and on in game map? My roads are covered in grass patches and don't show up on the in game map. I have tried different settings for 'road condition' but they are always covered with grass patches and not on the map in game.

We have been converting all the Ravenhearst players to nitrogen and i must say everyone loves it! I will never recommend RWG again.

That said we have certain pois that we made that are biome specific and we noticed these have been popping up anywhere they want. Is there no way for nitrogen to currently follow the rule of biomes allowed/disallowed? I must admit this feature would make an outstanding product even better, if that was possible. Is this planned for the future?

Is there a setting to have the roads visible in game and on in game map? My roads are covered in grass patches and don't show up on the in game map. I have tried different settings for 'road condition' but they are always covered with grass patches and not on the map in game.

UNDER ROAD CONDITIONS .. There ARE 7 Settings And you will always have a few Grassy areas .. There is No one Maintaining them .. all the road workers are DEAD and don't care anymore.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

older A17 version:

NitroGen for Alpha 17 (stable)

The linked version for A17 links to v0.441, which is for A18. The generated world is built for A18 as well, causing the A17.4 dedicated server to throw a bunch of errors.

Any chance of getting one of the older builds for A17?

The linked version for A17 links to v0.441, which is for A18. The generated world is built for A18 as well, causing the A17.4 dedicated server to throw a bunch of errors.

Any chance of getting one of the older builds for A17?

i second this... version 355, if i recall, is the last Alpha 17 (.4b4)

please release this version seperate from the newer ones

sry I'm a A17 fanboy/modder

Does this map generator actuall support more than 8k as the rwgmixer.xml rule sets seem to only do 4k and 8k terrain_generator="vanilla8k"

@ CrazyDave66 .. you can go up to 16K, just remember anything over 8k is considered experimental .. But most of us ( I do make mostly 10K and some 12K ) .. You just have to try a few different settings to find your ( play style ). Read back a couple of pages .. I gave a couple suggestion on one of them to another player .. IF you go to crazy .. you will get funny maps.

But it is much better than game version.

Simple Fix:

- open the compopack prefablist with a text editor

- search for xcostum_Canyon_Cave(by_War3zuk)

- and change the line from

xcostum_Canyon_Cave(by_War3zuk),Commercial;Downtown;Industrial;ResidentialNew;ResidentialOld,0,-45,56,58,44,farm

into

xcostum_Canyon_Cave(by_War3zuk),Commercial;Downtown;Industrial;ResidentialNew;ResidentialOld,0,-45,56,58,44,alone;mountain

problem solved now it will spawn at higher altiture so the depth is not a problem

Jaded and I have both seen this on our generated maps. What we did was to edit prefabs.xml on the server; find all the Canyon_Cave entries that had negative Y values; and change them to 1. Save, restart the server. Clients had to re-download the map, but nothing was lost.

We also each provided the prefabs.xml file in discord with instructions where to copy it. That was enough to avoid a full map re-download.

The result will be that the adjusted prefabs will appear a few blocks above ground level with sheer cliffs surrounding them, though not very high (worst case on both our servers: 7 blocks); but at least your users won't fall through the map, and your server won't crash when somebody gets a trader quest on that POI and the bottom of the prefab comes crashing out of the sky.

Before:

<decoration type="model" name="xcostum_Canyon_Cave(by_War3zuk)" position="-3295,-6,349" rotation="0" />

After:

<decoration type="model" name="xcostum_Canyon_Cave(by_War3zuk)" position="-3295,1,349" rotation="0" />

Alternatively you can simply delete those lines; I believe those prefabs will simply no longer be there, leaving empty terrain. (In case that's not clear: I don't mean there will be a void in the map. It'll just be like there was never a factory there.)

YMMV. We've done this on exactly two maps, each on a different server, so it's not like we have a huge statistical sample to work from. None of the other prefabs had this problem, just that one, and not all instances of it.

OTOH, out of two maps we've generated, both of them had the problem of below-zero instances of this prefab, and at least one server crash as a result. It does seem like a bug that wants fixed.

[edit] To be clear, my post and GneX's don't contradict each other, they're solutions for different places in the process. His will make sure any newly-generated maps don't have this problem in the first place. Mine is a post-fix; if you have an existing map you don't want to throw away and start over, you can edit the file and fix it without losing any existing game info. The worst effect, as far as we can tell, is to force the clients to re-download the map itself.

Edited by oldeKatana (see edit history)

@ Morloc

You can change map seed name .. upper left hand corner .. just type what you want .. if that is the question

Aye, thank you. I wasn't certain the map name was utilized as a seed. I'd ended up on the same map after generating what I'd thought was a new world (with the same name).

-Morloc

I read through here and Im not seeing answers to my questions

I use Nitro-Gen to create maps and Im having a few issues .

Water doesn't seem to be the border anymore I had the old school radzone which is meh.

Also My Trader Hugh isn't in the snow he is in the greenlands

anyone that uses have any advice or answers for me .

Biome generation in v0474 seems to be a lot less randomly placed and more like it was laid out on a grid. In my humble opinion, I like the random biome placement from v0355 more. I have been experimenting with the latest combopack 43 (updated very recently) and the v0474. I used the combopack 43 configUI/prefablist on the v0355 tool to generate a world with wasteland instead of the ocean :upset: .. but the random placement of biomes was much better. I still have a copy of v0430 as well. I'll have to see if the Biome placement was affected in v0430 the same as it was in v0474 before I decide on which version I'm ultimately going to use for my next 14K map.

Edit: v0430 also has very random placement as well. I discovered I still have v0467 and v0471 as well. I'm going to do the same generation on them as well.

Edit2: I'm in the middle of a large forehead slap. I must have overlooked the random slider down as the very last option.

Edited by morggin (see edit history)

Guest specialk2hz

I've been looking where to ask this but this appears to be the best place to ask. I've used the latest version of Nitrogen including Compopack and used mostly default settings except to add more cities.

Has anyone seen an issue where trees grow in all the POIs? I don't see them but all of the players on my server have complained that trees are everywhere.