A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

I have small issued water was chopped off edge on near land on my custom UK map, can't find any fix water bug.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2015516575

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2015516770

Here my UK map maker almost done soon upload but few water bug

yN9gS7K.jpg

Would you share your map with us? :>

Aaaand would you tell me how you created a map like this? :o

Edited by Zombieprügler (see edit history)

I wanted to share a little QOL suggestion for working with custom heightmaps:

I found I frequently want to test my heightmaps by making empty maps (really just for the preview image) to reduce generation time. The preview of an empty map also makes for the easiest way to mask water areas IMO.

Rather than manually change the drop-downs each time I want to use different settings, I set them once and copy the resulting configUI.txt. For example I set Nitrogen to make an empty map, then copied configUI.txt to configUI_empty.txt. Then I set Nitrogen to "final map" settings and copied configUI.txt to configUI_final.txt.

Now when I want to generate an empty map, I just have to run a batch file:

copy /Y resources\configUI_empty.txt resources\configUI.txt
java -jar nitrogen.jar

When I want to make a final map, I launch Nitrogen with a batch file that copies 'configUI_final.txt' instead.

Awesome random world generator much better than in games map generator crap. I add lots of city & more flat land, this is rock :rockon::rockon:

12K map just 11mins to done

xPeGETa.png

Can you upload it to somewhere so I can download it? Its looks great!

can anyone help?

I can Get my own height maps working and i understand about the mask png etc..but i cant find any info on the following..where do I draw in the radiation.png,does it get compiled or do i just drop it in to the same folder as the output word and resize of course,or do i draw the radiation on the mask .png?On real world data from terrain.party the water ends up in places on the map where i don't want it..where does the water mask get drawn in and where do I put it,when I compile a map with real height data ..import_HM and select world boundary wasteland no world boundary ends up in the game world when i play it.the post ..#1643 by wolves hero has some pics water mask etc but I cant find any info on where or how to compile,or where to put the masks .of course this does not happen if i use generate new in nitrogen only if I use import_hm.png..

Can you upload it to somewhere so I can download it? Its looks great!

I still busy played PC games with UK map. This map custom prefab not for vanilla prefab need download custom prefab or I will make one normal vanilla prefab 1 flatland & 1 hill all size 8k 10k 12k 14k 16k with separated maps 1 custom prefab map & 1 vanilla prefab map.

Edited by Wolves Hero (see edit history)

can anyone help?

You have to provide radiation.png. It doesn't need to match map size, the engine will scale it. Water is spawned at elevation 33, pretty much anything lower will be underwater. The mask tells nitrogen where to not place POIs or draw roads, it has nothing to do with spawning water. Biome-related settings are ignored when importing. You pretty much need to edit the biomes.png or provide your own.

I prefer to have my custom biomes.png ready before generation, so I can copy it to the folder during generation to get an accurate preview.

Edited by alphaniner (see edit history)

Hi all,made a 12 k Map Sangria Island Its a single biome as in real life..I did try making a custom biome using all the correct colors,when i dropped the biome.png in to the the whole map is snow when in game ,so I had to take it out..can you guess where this is?have left out the preview pic so you can explore.Also Ive read about problems with water areas such as parted seas,I cured this problem in my maps by making sure import_HM is all black where water should be,getting rid of any single half/full grey pixels that are on their own in black areas, also checking coastlines for half grey pixels that are poking out along the coastlines..coast should be a solid grey pixel especially if you lower the water level in the config file,dry land will try to connect with that 1 square lump of land just off the coastline thus the sea parts more so in shallow water..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9md84a...ngria.rar/file

Edited by pieman (see edit history)

I have small issued water was chopped off edge on near land on my custom UK map, can't find any fix water bug.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2015516575

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2015516770

Here my UK map maker almost done soon upload but few water bug

yN9gS7K.jpg

Hey, this map looks great! I created this account just to ask you if you could share the heightmap you used.

I tried using real heightmaps but they were too… precise I guess and then created massive Spikes around the map. then tried manually repainting from a flat map, but didn't have the Patience... so, how did you do it?

Also, an idea for Damocles based on this experience… Couldn't you create something similar to the mask, but then, the masked area would be converted into water, and the unmasked will generate a random heigthmap? that would make exremely easy just to grab any map Silhouette and generate a nice map based on it.

cheers

I tried that… this one I think it was after a blur.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...64/unknown.png

I show you how tweak bright level & curve

First one this map too white cause too high & spikes mountain & too black cause too deep

vSkplRp.png

I was tweak bright & contrast make less white

Vl7Gypo.png

Then final tweak curves bit light up make normal hills & mountain no more spikes, if too low land cause flooded water try tweak bit light up grey, just trial & error.

YNer5yR.png

After tweak heightmap & re-generate will update map hope get better lower mountain.

I spent a large part of the morning playing with it, but still can't manage to get something as good as you posted… not even close… btw. how did you manage to have the water almost at the same Level of the main land? I Always end up with the continent ending in a cliff. no natural shores. I increased the spawn water number in the config file, but I guess I was doing somethjing else wrong, because that didn't help

Is this possible?I like mountain forest maps,can TER_BASE_HIGHT = 35 be lowered i like more defined mountains so can this be done TER_BASE_HIGHT = 14 TER_WATER_SPAWN_AT = 12 what will prefabs do is their height in the prefab config or will prefabs be at TER_BASE_HIGHT that i put in

Can anyone explain to me why every map I generate the water table is so low? Even the oceans are only about 5 blocks high. It is quite annoying. I don't see any setting that even changes that? So if anyone could put some insight into what I'm doing wrong that would be amazing.

Can anyone explain to me why every map I generate the water table is so low? Even the oceans are only about 5 blocks high. It is quite annoying. I don't see any setting that even changes that? So if anyone could put some insight into what I'm doing wrong that would be amazing.

have you edited the config? default is TER_BASE_HIGHT = 35 TER_WATER_SPAWN_AT = 33 are you using random gen or terrain-party..real world height maps usually make the water to high ..i take the water down to 21 on average..you maps base terrain is maybe to high so that even low areas are to high for the water,go in to config and increase the water spawn number .in small increments then redo world generation..I still cant generate biomes for real world height maps only snow gets drawn on to biomes.png and thats from the bright areas on the import_HM

I can add more variety in the future. The landscape dropdown has a variety of predefined mixes, that turn on an off more or less of the features.

I can make that ratio more specific on future versions.

Whole new landscape types would have to be made too, but that takes a bit more effort.

Things like swamps, high green mountains, very deep canyons on a high desert plateau.

I have not finished implementing big lakes (7DtD is quite picky about water flooding the level if not placed correctly, so that has to be done carefully).

There are lots of smaller lakes - at different elevations - dotting the landscape, to have a source of water available in all areas.

your work is excellent, I love it. One of your 16k cards is running on my server

Damocles, thanks for this tool. i have generated a few maps now and they are damn good. This last map i made has large areas of flat dirt without grass. Mostly appears to be around the water table level. Just wondering if i have a setting wrong? not really changed too much from default settings.