A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

@ MrSamuelAdam

NEVER Has happened to me since using Nitrogen .. must be something on your end .. and .. I have made many different maps and played on them. Have also made maps for Youtubers, they have said nothing about it.

Plus .. this is a First of hearing of this. So I wouldn't say a known bug.

Question .. What size of map are you using, Just wondering.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Been playing on a 8k map for a month, almost two now. It's been great but we've been wondering if it generates a super corn POI since we've explored a good portion of the map and not found any of the POI with the super corn, can one be generated by nitrogen and just got unlucky?

Edited by Orphen (see edit history)

Been playing on a 8k map for a month, almost two now. It's been great but we've been wondering if it generates a super corn POI since we've explored a good portion of the map and not found any of the POI with the super corn, can one be generated by nitrogen and just got unlucky?

Sure, many prefabs might not exist on a random gen map, that's the deal with random gen, it's random.

I'm not familiar with any prefab named super corn, my maps don't have any.

Check the prefabs.xml in your nitrogen output, it's a simple xml / text file so you can search to see if the prefab you are looking for was actually added to your map.

As far as I know there is no Supercorn-field (or POI) in the vanilla-prefabs !

In the CP-prefabs there are at Least 3 POI's that have Supercorn to Harvest - they are all fields and farm-POI's and they are assigned to the farmzone in Nitrogen's prefablist for COMPOPACK42.

@ MrSamuelAdam

NEVER Has happened to me since using Nitrogen .. must be something on your end .. and .. I have made many different maps and played on them. Have also made maps for Youtubers, they have said nothing about it.

Plus .. this is a First of hearing of this. So I wouldn't say a known bug.

Question .. What size of map are you using, Just wondering.

Just a 8x8.

And it's weird.

Cause I thought it was something with Nitrogen that was causing it.

But I even loaded a Navegame. Same thing. But I didn't add an mods besides nitrogen and the combo pack. Which I find strange since this has never happened before.

Sometimes it takes 5-6 full restarts of the game before I can actually move my character.

It's like everything is frozen in the mouse side and WASD.

I can tab for the backpack. But can't move my mouse or person at all.

Really strange.

So... is this a known bug. Since using Nitrogen.

I am getting this issue whenever loading into a game. I can't move my player. It works fine sometimes, but more times than not, it's broken.

No mouse, cant scroll wheel the toolbelt, can't even press ESC i have to control alt del the game?

I never had this issue before.

I can press F1 to bring up the console. But that's it.

Did you delete / reset your game profile via the launcher?

Myself, I went straight from A17 to A18, and I had the weirdest issues myself, such as server chunks not loading while I was riding a vehicle. After a long search, I could rule out anything network-related and eventually found by chance I didn't reset my game / player profile before playing again (as is recommended by the devs).

After actually resetting the profile and re-creating my player, everything has been fine again.

Maybe that'll solve your issues as well.

Did you delete / reset your game profile via the launcher?

Myself, I went straight from A17 to A18, and I had the weirdest issues myself, such as server chunks not loading while I was riding a vehicle. After a long search, I could rule out anything network-related and eventually found by chance I didn't reset my game / player profile before playing again (as is recommended by the devs).

After actually resetting the profile and re-creating my player, everything has been fine again.

Maybe that'll solve your issues as well.

I've never tried this....

Maybe ill give this a shot.

Just didn't want to have to start over in the world already :(

I'm sorry if this has been asked in this thread earlier, but is there any way to change the area where the Darkness Falls zones end up? I'd like to put them in the corner of my map rather than right in the middle, which is where NitroGen wants to put them.

Edit: Alright I found out that you can presumably change the Darkness Fall areas by editing biomes.png. This doesn't seem to be working properly, though. As soon as I save an edited version of the file, it doesn't read properly and doesn't actually place the biomes where they're supposed to be, instead only creating snow biome throughout the map, which is the dominant biome in my map.

Edited by Marski (see edit history)

Marski can you up load the two png images? and state which is which. I can try to

repaint it for you. 7D engine is really particular to format and color, if your color is

off by 1 hex you get holes, a bad import a single biome or a Tarmac. I created my own

custom biome layout by hand and will help you if I can. Just upload them.

- - - Updated - - -

Damocles

I just wanted to say thank you for the creation of Nitrogen.

It has made it easier for me to transfer my terrain to the later

Alphas. Elevated POIs like alpha 16, Snow capped mountains,

Treacerous terrain to traverse between cities, naturally overrun

streets and the rocky paths leading to the wilderness pois. That

plus having the towns, and displaced zones create an immersive

collection of exploreable areas.

It merges well with TFP's, music lighting and pois I have nearly

30 cities villages towns and communities, but it's not clustered

your masks make it so I still have to trek hostile terrain to get

from place to place.

Since my main focus is manual Terraforming, I'd like to know if

the option for smoothing can be expanded to per biome by using a custom

biomes png in the resources folder. Example: we have snow,desert,

burnt,pine,wasteland. to set each one to a different level of

smoothing dictated by specific paint color. Or does 7D engine

just do a world smooth only?

Marski can you up load the two png images? and state which is which. I can try to

repaint it for you.

I'd rather learn how to do it myself since I likely have to redo the image a couple of times before it's ready. The problem likely isn't the hex values since I'm just cutting and pasting the position of the Darkness Falls zone. I think Paint.net is just compressing it or somehow changing the image data so that 7 days can't read it properly. I'll try to mess around with some other pieces of image editing software to try to get around it.

I'll try to mess around with some other pieces of image editing software to try to get around it.

Cool Then if you get "Krita" open the image. Right click on its name on the right select split image alpha. unselect the mask

then on the left bar scroll down till you see the second eyedropper with the dotted box around it. select the main color of

each biome zoom in a bit. If you see any blinking areas other than the outline of the picked biome those are a different shade.

If so select one of those all of the rest of same color will highlight and fill. rinse repeat until satisfied. also in Nitrogen in the

tools folder there is a png conversion tool.

Hope this helps.

@Damocles: Happy New Year!

Two suggestions that would be awesome additions.

1. First off something simple, let us place traders via a single pixel color like you do cities and towns, I currently always generate with no traders and hand place them otherwise they end up sometimes in clumps in one are of the map with other areas completely void of them.

2. A little more involved. Just as you let us create our own heightmaps and masks that nitrogen can read it would be great if you could also let it read in a biomes.png file. In simple terms it would be used to generate the output and create the preview with our biome file, just helping us to share the preview generated with our custom biomes so other uses can better visualize the map with the correct biomes as we the creator intended.

The more complicated part. Once you get biome specific poi placement incorporated (if you are working on that) then if used in conjunction with our own biomes.png this would allow much greater fine grain control in poi placement and assist greatly in creating maps with a high level of compatibility with mods like Darkness Falls that prefer certain POI's in specific biomes for gameplay mechanic reasons.

Hello.

Which Version of 7DaysToDie do Nitrogen support? Iv'e created 3-4 12k maps but every one of them has been without cities or towns or structures overall. Isn't 18.2 supported?

Cheers

Edit: Even in the Preview in the GeneratedWords map i can see the towns and cities etc but when i jump in game or check in the ingame editor the structures isnt there BUT the road network is there.

Hello.

Which Version of 7DaysToDie do Nitrogen support? Iv'e created 3-4 12k maps but every one of them has been without cities or towns or structures overall. Isn't 18.2 supported?

Cheers

Edit: Even in the Preview in the GeneratedWords map i can see the towns and cities etc but when i jump in game or check in the ingame editor the structures isnt there BUT the road network is there.

Do you use the Compopack Prefablist? If yes do you have the compopack prefabs installed?

hello.

Which version of 7daystodie do nitrogen support? Iv'e created 3-4 12k maps but every one of them has been without cities or towns or structures overall. Isn't 18.2 supported?

Cheers

edit: Even in the preview in the generatedwords map i can see the towns and cities etc but when i jump in game or check in the ingame editor the structures isnt there but the road network is there.

it's all on the first page ………

Hello

The NitroGen for Alpha 18 v0.474 version is excellent, but I have a big problem.

you have to remove the xcostum_Canyon_Cave (by_War3zuk) buildings from CompoPack 42 because I installed an 8 k map with CompoPack 42 on my server (18.2 ) and the buildings (yes there are several times the same on the map) very strong bug.

The building xcostum_Canyon_Cave (by_War3zuk) descends so deep that the bottom of the building arrives under the map so in the void.

Edited by noname835 (see edit history)

Hello

The NitroGen for Alpha 18 v0.474 version is excellent, but I have a big problem.

you have to remove the xcostum_Canyon_Cave (by_War3zuk) buildings from CompoPack 42 because I installed an 8 k map with CompoPack 42 on my server (18.2 ) and the buildings (yes there are several times the same on the map) very strong bug.

The building xcostum_Canyon_Cave (by_War3zuk) descends so deep that the bottom of the building arrives under the map so in the void.

Simple Fix:

- open the compopack prefablist with a text editor

- search for xcostum_Canyon_Cave(by_War3zuk)

- and change the line from

xcostum_Canyon_Cave(by_War3zuk),Commercial;Downtown;Industrial;ResidentialNew;ResidentialOld,0,-45,56,58,44,farm

into

xcostum_Canyon_Cave(by_War3zuk),Commercial;Downtown;Industrial;ResidentialNew;ResidentialOld,0,-45,56,58,44,alone;mountain

problem solved now it will spawn at higher altiture so the depth is not a problem

Edited by GneX (see edit history)

Simple Fix:

- open the compopack prefablist with a text editor

- search for xcostum_Canyon_Cave(by_War3zuk)

- and change the line from

xcostum_Canyon_Cave(by_War3zuk),Commercial;Downtown;Industrial;ResidentialNew;ResidentialOld,0,-45,56,58,44,farm

into

xcostum_Canyon_Cave(by_War3zuk),Commercial;Downtown;Industrial;ResidentialNew;ResidentialOld,0,-45,56,58,44,alone;mountain

problem solved now it will spawn at higher altiture so the depth is not a problem

Thanks for your help GneX.

But the card is currently running on the server, if I change this line when I restart the server there will be no problem?

thank you