A19 Diary Discussions

Jay_ombie

7 hours ago, Space4Ace said:

I heard that the new nurse is basically done... Will we see her in Alpha 19, or is she waiting for Alpha 20?

New physics like the stripper on her too I think? Can't wait to see her.

Yes, and without stereotypes please. JUST PLAIN NAKED. With a syringe :P

5 hours ago, wolfbain5 said:

@madmole

with the pallet book in art of mining, you allow the bundling of all minable material EXCEPT sand and clay.is this an oversight or intentional?

Clay and sand are "diggable", not "mineable". That's one why. The other why might be that sand is made from stone, and clay is abundant. Very. And passively obtained through buried supply quests.

9 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Clay and sand are "diggable", not "mineable". That's one why. The other why might be that sand is made from stone, and clay is abundant. Very. And passively obtained through buried supply quests.

has nothing to do with it. wood isnt "mining" either and we can bundle it. the fact that they are resources obtained with the mining skill is the point. the amount you gain is increased with mining skills, using mining tools. and the reason the others were allowed to be bundled is because you get so much and it is for storage reasons. this also applies to sand and clay as much as it does the others. usefulness not withstanding

26 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

has nothing to do with it. wood isnt "mining" either and we can bundle it. the fact that they are resources obtained with the mining skill is the point. the amount you gain is increased with mining skills, using mining tools. and the reason the others were allowed to be bundled is because you get so much and it is for storage reasons. this also applies to sand and clay as much as it does the others. usefulness not withstanding

I agree with the stranger. Clay and sand must be able to group my thinking. Although I still haven't read the devs his stance. I would appreciate if at least the clay can be grouped. Since if you build on land, it will be an incredible abundance in chests / inventory

4 hours ago, Reset said:

Vehicles feel a bit slow to me.  Is there any chance that they will get a change in alpha 19?(except the bicycle, the speed for that is fine)

In my opinion, the speeds are perfect. If you want to get there faster, I recommend the Gyro. Although you must practice a lot to know how to handle it. Anyway, you will get anywhere in seconds (stopping every so often to refuel) At least I play an 8k map and go through all the traders from 06am to 18pm ingame. Ah, it will be something like 8/9 traders playing 60min. Although I recognize if you stay reading and selling in the traders, my account will not give you

46 minutes ago, wolfbain5 said:

I completely agree that they should be bundled. Because there's no particular reason why they shouldn't and it makes sense, it's streamlined and simpler to have them handled that way. Clay is arguably as useful as stone for building and workstations. Sand.... well.... IMO sand should be gone from the game : it has limited use and can be replaced by , yeah, clay. They are not "technically" the same, but I could suspend my disbelief if I have to charge my mixer with dirt, right?

What would @madmole think of this ? 

18 minutes ago, Blake_ said:

I completely agree that they should be bundled. Because there's no particular reason why they shouldn't and it makes sense, it's streamlined and simpler to have them handled that way. Clay is arguably as useful as stone for building and workstations. Sand.... well.... IMO sand should be gone from the game : it has limited use and can be replaced by , yeah, clay. They are not "technically" the same, but I could suspend my disbelief if I have to charge my mixer with dirt, right?

What would @madmole think of this ? 

uhm... making glass jars. over time in mp, we have had to do this many times

23 hours ago, Blake_ said:

Yes, and without stereotypes please. JUST PLAIN NAKED. With a syringe 😛

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@madmole I heard that UNITY 2020.2 beta version is like 7 days to die developer's wet dream: "DeltaTime" and Multithread improvements. stabler framerate, faster compiling in the editor, C#8 code migration, faster workflow, detailed resource usage management... etc etc.

I mean, were you guys ticketing like crazy and breeding your own Unity driver or what ? lol.

I hope she is wearing Scrubs!

Sand should also be used to crudely filter water. It can be used to doze off fire when you don't have water.

They should also add sand "blocks" you can put on the ground to slow down zombies (or, in the future, bandits) to (i.e.) 30/50% speed.

Imagine how cool it would be to be able to craft "quicksand" blocks you can place around your base! 🙂

I can see several more examples where sand could be expanded and better used in the game.

Maybe mods will do it.

1 hour ago, wolfbain5 said:

uhm... making glass jars. over time in mp, we have had to do this many times

I see... I forgot about those. It certainly is useful for glass jars. So being able to stack sand and clay would be cool indeed.

30 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

I hope she is wearing Scrubs!

I will object if she doesn't get to have physics. The absence of buttock physics would instantly make me quit the game for a couple of minutes (to mourn). TFP should understand that these kind of technology within a game comes with great responsibility and it's all about "learn by doing".

Now, the "hanging eye" physics I can do without thank you very much.

4 hours ago, Blake_ said:

I see... I forgot about those. It certainly is useful for glass jars. So being able to stack sand and clay would be cool indeed.

I will object if she doesn't get to have physics. The absence of buttock physics would instantly make me quit the game for a couple of minutes (to mourn). TFP should understand that these kind of technology within a game comes with great responsibility and it's all about "learn by doing".

Now, the "hanging eye" physics I can do without thank you very much.

I was thinking more like this but..... ok

Spoiler

Natural Workwear - Natural Workwear Uniform - Unisex - Premium Medical Nurse  Scrubs Set - XXS - 3XL Ceil Blue / X-Large - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

4 hours ago, DaVegaNL said:

So.. I'm back! Anything new around here?

My daughter was born exactly one month ago today, and everyone is doing fine (I could use some more sleep though..). The world has one more ginger!

They`ve added a new stripper zombie and the forums are dead..

Congrats bro and I hope you have a time for A19, even a bit, because it is a gem. A big one :)

6 hours ago, DaVegaNL said:

So.. I'm back! Anything new around here?

My daughter was born exactly one month ago today, and everyone is doing fine (I could use some more sleep though..). The world has one more ginger!

Congratulations, mate. 

Fantastic.

What's also amazing are the memory spans of a lot of the members around here. Was this thread not clearly designated to hold off-topic talk (from the A19 dev diary)? If I were moderator, they would have all received swift and harsh consequences by now. But it's whatever, at least I'm following the rules.

Edited by MechanicalLens (see edit history)

58 minutes ago, faatal said:

A20 NEWS!!!!!!!  ;)

Started on the water overhaul this week. I'm working on the water chunk data and another programmer will be doing simulation/mesh changes.

My plan is water will not be a block, but additional chunk data, which is a pretty big change. It makes more sense, since any block could have water in it while still being whatever block it is.

When will A20 be released?  Sorry, someone had to....

58 minutes ago, faatal said:
Edited by SnowDog1942 (see edit history)