What do you LIKE in A19?

Solomon

So there were enough posts about what people dislike in A19 from loot to sounds, bugs and death by bear but now im actually interested in what do you like in A19?

I personally love that silly hammer turret, its such a stupid idea and works soo well with all kinds of base setups.

What about you guys?

I like the stone age. I really do. Finally you don't feel like you're in a loot shooter where you're being showered with guns right from the start. Primitive weapons have now a value. They don't get replaced in the first 5 minutes of the game with a gun. And those primitive weapons are not @%$*#!ty anymore. It feels a little bit like back in A16.

I love the fact that blade traps no longer trigger the explosion of the demolisher. This a big bonus for builders who wants to use them in a base.

The auto shotgun is also great. A big magazine and a really good weapon for confined spaces. It has been nerfed in one of the last patches but fortunately not to hard.

2 hours ago, RipClaw said:

I like the stone age. I really do. Finally you don't feel like you're in a loot shooter where you're being showered with guns right from the start. Primitive weapons have now a value. They don't get replaced in the first 5 minutes of the game with a gun. And those primitive weapons are not @%$*#!ty anymore. It feels a little bit like back in A16.

I love the fact that blade traps no longer trigger the explosion of the demolisher. This a big bonus for builders who wants to use them in a base.

The auto shotgun is also great. A big magazine and a really good weapon for confined spaces. It has been nerfed in one of the last patches but fortunately not to hard.

Shotguns in general had a nerf iirc., Was just a slight damage reduction per pellet iirc. As to what I like, the new lighting looks nice, performance is better for me than its ever been, it is a tad too dark indoors though, and the light shifts can be jarring at times. Auto shotgun is like a dream come true weapon for me, its a pump shotgun with much more ammo capacity, The desert vulture is a nice gun as well, its a magnum with a slightly bigger clip and MUCH lower reload times+it can be silenced where the normal magnum cannot.

I also like the food and water bars being on screen I used to have to always use a mod for that in a17 and up. Some of the drug changes are nice, like Recog used to be +200% gun damage for 30s, now its +50% for 5 minutes, making it MUCH more useful. Steroids now add a 10% run speed buff as well as its normal effect thats very useful early game.

I do wish the devs would stop doing everything they can to screw stealth builds, I mean first we got the garbage/glass piles in front of every damn single door on the intended path were meant to take, then you got those rooms where no matter how high your stealth is, everything aggros the second you walk one block into the room, even stuff that is sometimes 20-30 blocks away on the other side of the room.

I like how the zombie AI is coming along. The addition of stumbling and falling down to their routine really makes them feel dumber and more zombie-like. I still think they should be more focused on trying to eat you rather than smashing the scenery when you are directly in front of them, but we're making nice progress towards a nice simulation of brainless, undead, flesh-hungry monsters.

I like:

The zombie BM AI.  Its interesting, as the zombies now remind me of how ants think!  One zombie "finds" a weak spot and other zombies will tend to join in.  But other will test parts of the wall "looking" for other weak spots.

That sledge turret was straight out of the story "The ugly duckling!".  Wow! what an amazing (and hilarious to watch) defense for your base.  Its pretty east to get a flow of zombies heading by it, once you think things over.  :)

3 hours ago, Psychodabble said:

I like how the zombie AI is coming along. The addition of stumbling and falling down to their routine really makes them feel dumber and more zombie-like. I still think they should be more focused on trying to eat you rather than smashing the scenery when you are directly in front of them, but we're making nice progress towards a nice simulation of brainless, undead, flesh-hungry monsters.

This, I liked this touch too, added a sense of randomness and comedy to some encounters, like I giggle everytime a zombie drops from the cieling then falls on its @%$*#!, even more funny when its one busting out of those closets and it falls flat on its face after it dashes out, that never gets old. Honestly? I'd like to see zombies, both normal and ferals have a random chance to just randomly trip and fall down when walking/running after you, just for some added realism, zombies aren't very steady on their feet usually. Ferals of course have the lowest chance, but normal zombies aren't really a threat on default settings or even warrior difficulty anyway, its the running zombies that pose any real threat, well them and animals, screw those wolves seriously.

I like the look of some of the new zombies. Don't like the crawler though. The stiff entrails are too weird. Would rather see a model with the legs chopped off if they get get animation for the entrails. 

That's my whole list of likes.

I love the new zombie models, they are a lot less silly. I hope they do the same thing for the nurse soon! I also love the reduction of the food poisoning mechanic, it didn't really add anything to the game and made cooking more or less useless.

Honestly? A19 is so close to A18 hardly anything really pinged the radar. I liked A18 and I like this. I still don't understand why Looter and Scavenger aren't in Int though. It's not a brute force, it's knowing what's junk and what's good.

I really enjoy the level 6 lowbie gear, it's nice to have a full set of mods in padded before I can upgrade to military gear (screw leather, tbh)

I like the circles for treasure, it's basically the same thing we used to do with frames but we don't have to edge along looking for the places the compass turns red.

I like the new models, even though it meant we had to re-name the guys. Also I honestly hope that the "stripper" gets removed when they upgrade the model. The Nursey Nonsense outfit is bad enough. But Jen's new costume makes me think it's gonna go the other way. Maybe the nurse will end up with her tits out at this rate. 

The ragdolling is <*mwah chef's kiss> perfectly. Especially since zombies still randomly jump up on @%$*#! in the fields and then fall over. Also a base that drops them a couple feet is the most entertaining horde night EVER. 

This alpha performs the WORST of any alpha I've been in (9 or 10 I think?) and that's saying something. 

The Night Sky. Damn nice and the Moon cycles/night-time lighting differences are great.

The twinkling Stars, very cool. Really glad my old 1GB card can display this improvement.

Also appreciate that 22:00 isn't full on 'night' anymore.

Ran the new Shotgun shooting range yesterday, that was a really nice change of pace. Hope there are more new POIs that spice up difficulty as I'm looking forward to them.

While my GPU can't display most of the new eye candy (that's on me), I grin everytime I see hawaiian shirt guy, his face looks like the Things in the first Fantastic Four flic. "No, it's Clobbering Time! for -me-!" :)

The Animal Tracker Perk. That's my new #1 first point spent. Had never taken it before, but food changes in a19 made it look like a useful one, and boy is it.

Biggest "like" is just being able to play a19 on a ~9 year old 1GB GPU. I honestly didn't think I'd be able to after the flickering bit in a18 experimental.

(and TFPs won't hear a peep from me if it becomes unplayable. There's 'reasonable' legacy hardware support, and there's just, "damn..." heh)

Edit: oh yeah, the new -Writable- Storage Box! That's a super nice QoL improvement. Several Beers worthy! :)

1 hour ago, Feycat said:

I like the new models, even though it meant we had to re-name the guys. Also I honestly hope that the "stripper" gets removed when they upgrade the model. The Nursey Nonsense outfit is bad enough. But Jen's new costume makes me think it's gonna go the other way. Maybe the nurse will end up with her tits out at this rate. 

Stripper is going more conservative actually-- more like a consort service girl dressed to be the date of a wealthy playboy. The clothing is low cut and the endowments large but much more covered. They felt they could use such a model in more situations where she would fit and make sense rather than just at the Booby Trap. She will work for the Booby Trap but could also work alongside the business suit guys in the skyscraper, etc. 

They showed concept art of her in the character artist developer stream.

EDIT: Here it is: 

I agree with many of the likes already mentioned.

Some additional things to mention if not said or if I missed:

1) love the addition of new trim blocks which allows builders to add more detailing in their builds.

2) love the spider zombie ragdolling.  Do yourself a favor and stand next to an elevated cliff/platform and let one jump at you then side step it at the last second.  I promise you will rofl when you see what happens... 🤣

Archived