HOW do U play a new gameSTART ? from the beginning? WHAT U DO FIRST??

7daysOfFun

im interested how u play

>i collect ALL at the start

> then i sell ALL, to buy me a weapon (empty water bottles, steel, all what i can find) in the first 5 days iv ca 5-6000coins

> then i try to get a bike/motorbike(to explore) (again collect all and sell)

THEN i start collect for me...

>the first 3 zombienights i go on a house on first floor that has outside block 1250 or 2500 damage, and cut inside all ways to get up...(i put a ladder in 2 blocks high at the house to get in)

....and then after weeks i got enough ammo & material collected for my first own zombiebase (FIRST RULE: never make the zombienight in ur own base, build an extra base for it)

With this alpha after getting the basics needed for survival I search out crack a books to loot leaving the other stores and good loot buildings for later.  For horde nights until I have decent weapons and a supply of ammo I look for a small two story brick house with an attic or the brick water works building. I take out the stairs and put a floor in their place blocking off access from below.

I complete the basic starting quests. But I put one point in living off the land, 1 in healing factor, one in master chef, and one point in advanced engineering so I can make a forge asap.

After that I always go down the agility tree and the very first point I pick is in armor because sooner you get some armor the the less likely you are to bleed. After that it varies I always mix it around but I always make a stealth based agility character

Collect everything except broken glass and whenever I get full put down a drop chest and mark it on the map. Prioritize bringing vendor trash to the vendor, clothing with a sell price $30 or better, books and recipes I won't need or want, all that sort of stuff. Quest like crazy, double looting buildings that I know I can do very fast, or bust straight to a loot room. Spend enough points to get a Bike if I haven't found/bought stuff to have one after the first few days, I'll probably have to buy up to minibike anyways eventually for the Gas recipe, so going all in on Int early is a pretty decent strategy if for nothing else than transport, crafting stations, and daring adventure. Between selling and questing getting to $10k in the first week is pretty doable. For horde nights I build a small elevated platform and give the zombies a single block wide corridor to reach me, and fend them off with barbed wire fences and opened hatches. I like the blunderbuss for the killing as getting double or even triple kills in one shot is pretty common, melee can also work though especially if you have some coffee, melee candy, and or moonshine.

I find a good derelict poi to use as my base, one with nodes outside or nearby, and i find an empty spot near by for the horde base. I then hoard everything i find, and do quests until i can afford a good gun. I collect as much ammo and dukes as i can until day 5, then i construct the horde base. I use the night cycle to mine/tunnel under my main base in a way to avoid collapse and safely gather resources. I do not throw anything away, i save as much as i can so that way i don't have to make it later. With daring adventurer i get enough reward choices and dukes to get a good weapon before horde night, with a few repair kits too. 

I make sure to point one of the first 5 points in living off the land, so by week 2 i have a wall around my main base and start my farm plots. I do a strength int build so what i can not gather or craft, i can buy for cheap. 

2 hours ago, Gr.o.m. said:

Sadly healingfactor is no longer needet. You have to eat so much food, which heals you anyway, that healing is no longer a factor.  (Pun intendet)

I dunno about that. While food regenerates health faster, the healing factor is very useful for speeding up critical wound heal time. It's also why i stack health bars in my jeep for tier 5 quests, so if i get a serious booboo i can recover in 5 minutes vs 30. 

The moment I drop in, I drop everything I don't need.  This means the letter, the LCB, and I move everything that remains into my main inv.  I finish the quests as quickly as I can and run all the way to the trader to get my first quest.  I'll drop about a half dozen trees and around 3-4 builders on the surface when i get the opportunity.  I almost always make a stone sledge as my main primary primitive weapon, even if I never dump perks into it.  I always pick buried supplies and I run them until it gets dark.   Just before 2200, I'll enter a small POI and clear it out that is pretty close to the trader, boarding up everything and reinforcing the lowest blocks.  If there is no house within line of sight, I'll build a raised 7x7 platform that has no roof.  .  Land claim doesn't even go down.  New bedroll goes down, along with a campfire.  Make food.  Wait out the night, but take out the lone zombies if I can.  I almost always run into first night ferals and I have to fight them because they usually start to smack my walls.  If I don't want to fight night time zeds, I'll find a way onto a roof and just hang out.  Water is life.  If I'm near snow, I'll dig up a crapton of it before moving on.   I tend to build or reside in structures that are near some form of water.  I prefer the desert or the forest biomes.  I hate the snow.

Second day is scouting along side doing buried supply quests.  I am typically searching for a place that has brick or concrete as a tradeskill base while im out doing other things.  Day 3 is usually my deadline for a forge.   My starting perk loadout is always on every starting toon I play:

1 pt in lucky looter

1 pt in cardio

1 pt in miner 69'r

1 pt in pain tolerance

1 pt in healing factor

1 pt in daring adventurer

1 pt in master chef

and 1 pt in adv engineering.

And then I'll progress in one specific attribute line for a while, usually all the way to 5 ASAP.

My typical settings are Nomad, 90 minute days, player block damage 200% (because I'm anti-grind) and Zombie block damage 75% (because normal zombies should not have the ability to rip up concrete and brick like a hot knife through butter).

I loot according to my needs.  Fast food joints/shamways are usually a priority early.   They give me food and things to shove into my campfire so I can actually get ahead of the game.  After I feel like I've gotten enough, then it's usually Pass N' Gas that has my priority for bike parts.

1 hour ago, Ramethzer0 said:

The moment I drop in, I drop everything I don't need.  This means the letter, the LCB, and I move everything that remains into my main inv.  I finish the quests as quickly as I can and run all the way to the trader to get my first quest.  I'll drop about a half dozen trees and around 3-4 builders on the surface when i get the opportunity.  I almost always make a stone sledge as my main primary primitive weapon, even if I never dump perks into it.  I always pick buried supplies and I run them until it gets dark.   Just before 2200, I'll enter a small POI and clear it out that is pretty close to the trader, boarding up everything and reinforcing the lowest blocks.  If there is no house within line of sight, I'll build a raised 7x7 platform that has no roof.  .  Land claim doesn't even go down.  New bedroll goes down, along with a campfire.  Make food.  Wait out the night, but take out the lone zombies if I can.  I almost always run into first night ferals and I have to fight them because they usually start to smack my walls.  If I don't want to fight night time zeds, I'll find a way onto a roof and just hang out.  Water is life.  If I'm near snow, I'll dig up a crapton of it before moving on.   I tend to build or reside in structures that are near some form of water.  I prefer the desert or the forest biomes.  I hate the snow.

Second day is scouting along side doing buried supply quests.  I am typically searching for a place that has brick or concrete as a tradeskill base while im out doing other things.  Day 3 is usually my deadline for a forge.   My starting perk loadout is always on every starting toon I play:

1 pt in lucky looter

1 pt in cardio

1 pt in miner 69'r

1 pt in pain tolerance

1 pt in healing factor

1 pt in daring adventurer

1 pt in master chef

and 1 pt in adv engineering.

And then I'll progress in one specific attribute line for a while, usually all the way to 5 ASAP.

My typical settings are Nomad, 90 minute days, player block damage 200% (because I'm anti-grind) and Zombie block damage 75% (because normal zombies should not have the ability to rip up concrete and brick like a hot knife through butter).

I loot according to my needs.  Fast food joints/shamways are usually a priority early.   They give me food and things to shove into my campfire so I can actually get ahead of the game.  After I feel like I've gotten enough, then it's usually Pass N' Gas that has my priority for bike parts.

Those are similar to the perks i pick, but i go heavy armor, so i do not put points in cardio. I usually put those points in pummel pete or better barter. That price decrease goes a long way, especially since sugar butts stack with pumpkin cheese cake and awesome sauce. 

Previously I would beeline to the nearest town and loot every car. That still gives ok loot but that feels stunted in this alpha. It used to eventually give you an iron or steel axe or pick. Sometimes both, usually just one though. Now you're lucky to get anything better than a blunderbuss in the first week. In the end I looted those, hit up one of the red firehouses for the gun safes, and then continued hitting up the largest caches I could find. Aldo's Cabinet is one. I hit up a Crack a Book for the schematics and recipes. They still sell for a decent amount. With the trader, I feel the first thing anybody should buy is a weapon better than a blunderbuss. I've been hit by a dire wolf day 2, a wolf day 4, and a freaking bear day 5. The dire wolf killed me, breaking my game due to the changes with the backpack. I have a bigger backpack mod. In A18 all you needed was an xml edit. The Fun Pimps appear to have changed the size of their arraylist for the backpack so if you have more than 45 things in your backpack, broken game. The wolf nearly killed me as well as the bear. Thank the lord I was able to get a level 4 pistol and a full auto mod. Survived that encounter with single digit health.

On 7/30/2020 at 10:09 AM, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

Those are similar to the perks i pick, but i go heavy armor, so i do not put points in cardio. I usually put those points in pummel pete or better barter. That price decrease goes a long way, especially since sugar butts stack with pumpkin cheese cake and awesome sauce. 

Yup.  If you play Dead-is-Dead then there are some situations where heavy armor is the best.

I found a Gyrocopter for sale at 60000 (Edit: or was it 80000?) dukes, but I didn't have enough money at the time.  Now I have 4 sugar butts and 2 awesome sauce just for "Next Time" its (or any expensive item I want) up for sale!  (I didn't know about the cheese cake.  Thanks!)     

I get the newbie quest done, then 1 point into adv engineering, 1 into str, 2 into miner 69'er, as higher block damage=faster busting into things which helps early game. After that I work on Sex t-rex, miner 69'er and either clubs or sledge, after I get str to 5, and those perks to as high as I can take em with 5 str,. I get agility to 5, and the sneak movement speed/better stealth perk (I can never remember the name of the damn perk lol) to 3. AFter that, I branch out a bit, I never touch intel though, as its a garbage stat pretty much. perception I never use either. I may get living off the land 1 earlier before my 5 str/agi thing.

Early on i concentrate on mining, getting stone and iron, I'll do some buried supplies quests if they're close, but mostly building a starter base and earning XP mining and cobblestoning.

There's no reason to loot POI's early on, you're practically punished for trying. All there is to do is grind up XP until you're high enough for guns and ammo to spawn.

I do the intro quests, find or build somewhere to hunker relatively near the trader but also a short distance from water of some kind, then loot small POIs for food and basic resources (cook pot, etc). By day 4 I should have some basic sustenance established (some meat and/or canned goods, some clean water) and can focus on a modest amount of wooden spikes with reinforced wooden walls to make it through the first 7 day horde. I can usually be reasonably set by day 6, and can spend the rest of the time on looting and chasing food.

I play perma-death with always running and no meds. So I try to get a lot of basic stuff the first day and avoid zombies. At least two jars of honey. Glue/tape/cloth to make a full set of padded armor. Supplies to get a full basic weaponry/tool loadout with some arrows. I try to do a couple buried supply quests the first day if I can to get food for healing and eating, which is a serious struggle the first couple weeks with no meds. Then I try to pick out one of those POIs that are like half destroyed/burnt that's near a trader. I like those because they give you something to do those first few boring nights - cleaning up the junk and fortifying it. Otherwise I'm on top of a secure roof somewhere and alt-tabbed out of the game the first night.

Starter quests, and while in that area collect enough Cotton for some basic Bandages. Even though these only stop Bleeds now, they might be useful.

Also collect at least a few hundred Wood and ~100 Stone. To me might as well use the protected zone for the raw mats gathering.

First two points go into Animal Tracker and Master Chef.

(learn how the AT works; how to activate, that crouching before the 20 seconds expire resets without the 3 second delay.)

Search out a gore block or two to make a Bone Knife.

Use the bone knife when hunting Rabbits/Chickens. The bleed it procs, along with it's low stamina cost and fast swing make it well suited to hunt these fast @%$*#!s.

Hunt along the way to the quest Trader. Chop every Stump & hope for Honey. Seek & loot every bird nest you can. Remember/mark any water.

Say Hello to trader, check if they have Cobblestone, Weapons, whatever you're after for sale.

Loot nearby houses until you have a cooking pot and at least a few clean/murky water so you can make tea at night.

If any daylight remains, dump everything but Food(Cooking Pot!)/Drink/Meds/Weapons/Tools/Cobble/Wood/Stone in a chest by traders and go looking for a small building with better than wood walls. Gather a few flowers for Red Tea and 1 or 2 Golden along the way. Clear suitable poi & if secure enough, drop a new bedroll.

After you're done cooking what you can, enjoy the night sky.

On 8/2/2020 at 11:48 PM, Aldranon said:

Yup.  If you play Dead-is-Dead then there are some situations where heavy armor is the best.

I found a Gyrocopter for sale at 60000 (Edit: or was it 80000?) dukes, but I didn't have enough money at the time.  Now I have 4 sugar butts and 2 awesome sauce just for "Next Time" its (or any expensive item I want) up for sale!  (I didn't know about the cheese cake.  Thanks!)     

Those stacks are no joke. i take all the consumables for the high level purchases, + a magnum AND the cigar. I have a full level 6 solar array for my screamer smg turret setup around my base, two gyro copters, and box that is almost full of 20k stacks of dukes. If dukes were a place able item i would have a scrooge mcduck money bin of dukes. 

Day one me and my BF spawn, find each other and then place campfires to get the nearest trader. Loot misc stuff on the way, maybe a good shop like a shotgun messiah or a clothing shop. Get to the trader, take a buried supply quest each and sell random stuff liek brass that are useful later but not right now. As night approaches we find a house near the trader that we would like to turn into a base. Usually has a big living room to be turned into the crafting room with the forges and stuff.

Day Two We do buried supplies quests and nearby(less than 500km) kill/clear quests to get some money and early supplies like food and clothing. If we dont find a forge schematic by like day 3 I'll usually take the perk if my BF isnt going int that game. I find the 1 point worth it for the forge, get one set up and star smelting some nails for boxes. Get wood, make the writable boxes and make the storage wall. We get our storage set up early so its easier to keep up with. Also one of us usally goes Fortitude so we start farm plots and plant whatever we've found until now.

Day three -six do random looting, questing, hunting, etc... to prepare for horde night. We've been using hospitals or factories the first horde night, so we'll keep an eye out for one.

Day  six/seven depending on the building we chose for horde night we'll renovate it so the zombies cant just get up to us, I've been making wood spikes in my inventory while I do other things. If a hospital I spike all the extra staircases and doorways, we will use an iron pick or whatever we have to take out some of the stairs so they cant just climb them.

During this we'll check the trader periodically and if theres something we really want like a minibike or something we'll both go do quests together and sell stuff for the dukes, using the candy and grandpa's with the barter bonus. We always make a sell box with this stuff, dukes, any extra armor weapons, ammo, etc.. we wanna sell for quick access.

Alpha 19:

Day 1 : Finish starter quest, pick up the first buried supplies quest from the trader, find a permanent "crafting" base (my fav is the modular with the 20+ farm plots near the drive way), if time allows loot/clear as many nearby poi's as possible. The first night is spent doling out whatever perk points are earned : 1 Sex-Rex, 1 Cardio, 1 LoL, 1 Iron Gut are the must haves, the rest are dependent upon which build I am going with. At some point I will put one point in MotherLode and probably Pack Mule.

Day 2 : As many buried supply quests as I can stand with maybe one or two poi's thrown in to break up the digging monotony, and scouting for a good horde base location. This typically gives me enough clay to make my forge and start some cobblestone mixing in my backpack. Also chop down any trees that look threatening, gotta make sure the tree army doesn't get to strong. That night is typically spent fortifying/remodeling whatever poi I have turned into my crafting/storage base and crafting wood frames for the next day.

Day 3 :  Build the horde base and upgrade it as much as I can. The remainder of the day is spent running whatever quests are closest to the trader, stopping for whatever easily accessible cobblestone pallets I see, if needed. If I have the forge recipe (either through perk points or a schematic) I build my forge that night and start piling materials into it. Depending on my build and what tools I have found I either continue fortifying the crafting base or start my mine.

Day 4 : Running quests and marking stores or other poi's of interest for looting when I have the backpack space. 

On 8/7/2020 at 1:12 PM, myrkana said:

Day one me and my BF spawn, find each other and then place campfires to get the nearest trader. Loot misc stuff on the way, maybe a good shop like a shotgun messiah or a clothing shop. Get to the trader, take a buried supply quest each and sell random stuff liek brass that are useful later but not right now. As night approaches we find a house near the trader that we would like to turn into a base. Usually has a big living room to be turned into the crafting room with the forges and stuff.

Day Two We do buried supplies quests and nearby(less than 500km) kill/clear quests to get some money and early supplies like food and clothing. If we dont find a forge schematic by like day 3 I'll usually take the perk if my BF isnt going int that game. I find the 1 point worth it for the forge, get one set up and star smelting some nails for boxes. Get wood, make the writable boxes and make the storage wall. We get our storage set up early so its easier to keep up with. Also one of us usally goes Fortitude so we start farm plots and plant whatever we've found until now.

Day three -six do random looting, questing, hunting, etc... to prepare for horde night. We've been using hospitals or factories the first horde night, so we'll keep an eye out for one.

Day  six/seven depending on the building we chose for horde night we'll renovate it so the zombies cant just get up to us, I've been making wood spikes in my inventory while I do other things. If a hospital I spike all the extra staircases and doorways, we will use an iron pick or whatever we have to take out some of the stairs so they cant just climb them.

During this we'll check the trader periodically and if theres something we really want like a minibike or something we'll both go do quests together and sell stuff for the dukes, using the candy and grandpa's with the barter bonus. We always make a sell box with this stuff, dukes, any extra armor weapons, ammo, etc.. we wanna sell for quick access.

Couldn't figure out how to do this quote in the last post or I would have combined them . . . (edit) and then the forum does it for me, lol

Get NitroGen and you and your BF can spawn together, that's what my wife and I do :) 

1 hour ago, Reckis said:

Alpha 19:

Day 1 : Finish starter quest, pick up the first buried supplies quest from the trader, find a permanent "crafting" base (my fav is the modular with the 20+ farm plots near the drive way), if time allows loot/clear as many nearby poi's as possible. The first night is spent doling out whatever perk points are earned : 1 Sex-Rex, 1 Cardio, 1 LoL, 1 Iron Gut are the must haves, the rest are dependent upon which build I am going with. At some point I will put one point in MotherLode and probably Pack Mule.

Day 2 : As many buried supply quests as I can stand with maybe one or two poi's thrown in to break up the digging monotony, and scouting for a good horde base location. This typically gives me enough clay to make my forge and start some cobblestone mixing in my backpack. Also chop down any trees that look threatening, gotta make sure the tree army doesn't get to strong. That night is typically spent fortifying/remodeling whatever poi I have turned into my crafting/storage base and crafting wood frames for the next day.

Day 3 :  Build the horde base and upgrade it as much as I can. The remainder of the day is spent running whatever quests are closest to the trader, stopping for whatever easily accessible cobblestone pallets I see, if needed. If I have the forge recipe (either through perk points or a schematic) I build my forge that night and start piling materials into it. Depending on my build and what tools I have found I either continue fortifying the crafting base or start my mine.

Day 4 : Running quests and marking stores or other poi's of interest for looting when I have the backpack space. 

Couldn't figure out how to do this quote in the last post or I would have combined them . . . (edit) and then the forum does it for me, lol

Get NitroGen and you and your BF can spawn together, that's what my wife and I do :) 

thats whatwe do too xD we try the vanilla maps for a bit and then go to nitrogen because he likes the maps from that better.  

Archived