Trader Personality Transplants

Psychodabble

So...I know people complained about the surly traders, mainly because they play this game with kids (for whatever insane reason), but I kind of liked them.

Now that the traders are all nice, I find it kind of...creepy. Specifically, Trader Jen's waifu makeover is kind of an issue for me. That kind of flirting has no place in a zombie apocalypse, IMO. I'm not trying to put the voice actress out of work, I think she has done a fine job, but who wrote those super cringe lines for her?

"I'd kiss you, but zombie apocalypse hygiene and all..."

spacer.png

Obviously this is JMO, but I'll bet I'm not the only one...

Bob's friendliness totally creeps me out. His goodbye spiel is like one of those greeters at the Sears photo stand. Weirdly specific, I know.

Jen just told me how lonely she gets sitting there all day. It really seems like she was designed to appeal to sweaty 16-year-old boys.

On 7/29/2020 at 2:37 PM, Psychodabble said:

Jen just told me how lonely she gets sitting there all day. It really seems like she was designed to appeal to sweaty 16-year-old boys.

Agree. Including the hatch in the trailer right over her head, that appears to be there just so you can look down her shirt,

As a woman myself, I would never wear a shirt like Jen's. It would be irritating as hell - I'd want to pull it down constantly. It doesn't really seem like a shirt that a grown @%$*#! woman would wear to be honest. Isn't it usually 11/12 year olds who like to show their bellies off?  I don't know. Maybe it's where I live. 

Trader Rekt is hilarious though. I love his insults.

On 7/31/2020 at 3:59 AM, hotpoon said:

As a woman myself, I would never wear a shirt like Jen's. It would be irritating as hell - I'd want to pull it down constantly. It doesn't really seem like a shirt that a grown @%$*#! woman would wear to be honest. Isn't it usually 11/12 year olds who like to show their bellies off?  I don't know. Maybe it's where I live. 

Trader Rekt is hilarious though. I love his insults.

"I treat you that good, and you don't even f*ckin tip me" is my favorite line

13 hours ago, TheRani said:

I always assumed it was a chain, and that they have a recording of Trader Joel that they play at closing time.

I see, that's a good interpretation why all trader' shops have the same opening and closing voice !

Even though it is the apocalypse, they actually have the White Flag after all :) !!

Archived