Weekend Pruning

TSBX

Doesn't matter what I say, cause its only my personal opinion. soo....

Madmole, whats more important?

zombie looks or gameplay?

Literally hiding behind MM's skirt is a new one, I'll give you points for creativity...

You're still wrong though.

Zombie looks are way more important for that critical first impression. Gameplay is more important for that critical word of mouth positivity. Then there is player retention: Eye candy lasts only as long as it takes to get used to it whereas gameplay lasts for as long as you don't feel bored by it.

Zombie looks are way more important for that critical first impression. Gameplay is more important for that critical word of mouth positivity. Then there is player retention: Eye candy lasts only as long as it takes to get used to it whereas gameplay lasts for as long as you don't feel bored by it.

You pretty much described attractiveness IRL. Lol. Your appearance gets people talking, while your personality keeps people talking; you can't have one without the other or you'll largely be unsuccessful. The same can be applied here.

There are different ways to tackle the looks of a game. Some games just roll with whatever they have, and call it a day. Some games know how to decorate their environment just enough so it never gets old, and those are the games that always get praise for being so immersive. Games like Left 4 Dead, Skyrim and Subnautica, as examples, don't have thousands upon thousands of different looking NPCs, but they have ways to fool the player so their world feels much larger and varied than what it actually is.

Just like The Walking Dead, both the show and video games.

Now, my point was that this game would benefit from following a similar strategy, and no, it doesn't have to be a new and fancy algorithm that randomizes the look and feel of every zombie in the game or anything else that delays the game development.

Wrong that zombie looks are less important than gampeplay? LOL, guaranteed public opinion is on my side, and TFP.

Are you having a stroke?

First of all, you're the only one arguing gameplay vs. graphics for some reason. My first post was in reaction to your idea that TWD offered no value as a reference for zombie art because "the plot was trash". Secondly, MM himself has stated time and time again that art development is divorced from programming so even in some bizarro world where the conversation WAS about graphics vs. gameplay, it's a moot point. Going further down the rabbit hole, zombie designs ARE important enough that we've seen several different iterations over the years as the old ones are deemed lacking or obsolete. The proof is in this very thread!

I'm not sure if you just forgot, or if you're gaslighting but what the discussion WAS about before your FB leaked onto the forums was variation vs. uniqueness on zombie design. Which is now over.

Huh, did not know that.

I use the incredibly sneaky way of using English spelling instead of American spelling. Not so much as a way to get around the profanity filter, I just happen to be English... that's how I spell things.

At this point I find the profanity filter more of a hinderance than a help. When perfectly cromulent words like ♥♥♥♥ensian are blocked it starts getting in the way of actual communication.

Analytics works although I dare say the first four letters of that are quite offensive to some rectal retentives.

Posting in such a way so as to get around the censor filter is a TOS violation.

-A

Might want to get off your high Horse, Majesty?

It was cleary a quotation to lay weigh in my argument. (Edit: to have an example to my observation)

Could hardly care less about it, just felt ( and feeling ) its odd :)

Happy Easter.

It was cleary a quotation to lay weigh in my argument. (Edit: to have an example to my observation)

Happy Easter.

Rules apply to you too, buttercup.

Yes, rules like leaving the moderating to the moderators. =P

Shouldn't that also apply to filtering profanity? Until the filter gets a lot better at natural language processing it's going to have far too many edge-cases and loopholes to be of any real use.

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned recently that this game is for a mature audience. Sure, shoot a semi-naked woman in the head and loot her rotting corpse but heaven forbid you should use words ruder than bum!

Happy Easter.

LOL, the fact that you have blatantly stated you have no regard for the forum rules or the other posters in this community says it all.

I'm just fine where I'm at. If you think that's a majestic high horse, that's on you, not me.

-A

Until the filter gets a lot better at natural language processing it's going to have far too many edge-cases and loopholes to be of any real use.

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned recently that this game is for a mature audience.

But Charles Dickens IS too hard to handle even for mature members of this forum! :violin:

Archived