Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

oh ok. i just don't understand the "Technical" terms.

but if so then HELL YEAH! i may draw some ideas to imagine how it may look.

i can't help it

Linear Color Space

The preferred Color Space for realistic rendering is Linear. This can be selected using the ‘Color Space’ property from (Edit>Project Settings>Player).

A significant advantage of using Linear space is that the colors supplied to shaders within your scene will brighten linearly as light intensities increase. With the alternative, ‘Gamma’ Color Space, brightness will quickly begin to turn to white as values go up, which is detrimental to image quality.

bf762b13-ad5e-4785-82be-54d049d67452_linearcolourspace.png.2000x0x1.webpAnother main benefit of Linear is that shaders can also sample textures without Gamma (midtone) compensation. This helps to ensure that color values remain consistent throughout their journey through the render pipeline. The result is increased accuracy in color calculations with improved overall realism in the eventual screen output.

Grabbed from Unity, the game engine 7 Days to Die uses, documentation.

But How many fps does the screen shot run at? Hmmmm?

Well as faatal said, it will be about a week before all of his testing and adjustments are done so I'll defer to him on announcing any fps changes-- but I will say that his joy comes from doing things that yield gains :)

Well as faatal said, it will be about a week before all of his testing and adjustments are done so I'll defer to him on announcing any fps changes-- but I will say that his joy comes from doing things that yield gains :)

It was mostly a joke, a still screenshot, how many FPS?? get it???

Nevermind.

It was mostly a joke, a still screenshot, how many FPS?? get it???

Nevermind.

I thought it might be but I also thought you might be musing whether improving the fog caused a hit to performance which a still screenshot wouldn't show.

so...er...good one... ;)

I thought it might be but I also thought you might be musing whether improving the fog caused a hit to performance which a still screenshot wouldn't show.

so...er...good one... ;)

You would be correct tho about my musing, like I said, mostly a joke :)

On scale of 1 to 10 how good was it?

1 being great, 10 being hillarious

As someone once said, show ti or it didn't happen. :)

and on man said.

"when the story is over, close the book" Crap that doesn't fit

"do or do not their is no try" Crap that doesn't work ether

"we know a thing or too cuz we've seen a thing or too" You know what i don't know what to say!

Also dose anyone know how to do "spoiler" thing

I don't know if this is the place to talk about it but it came up a few years ago talking to my bro.

-Be really cool if we had chicken coops. Harvest eggs and murder chickens for meat.

-Some possibility of taming dogs/wolves and maybe trap kennels and dog armor like they had for boars

-From medieval inns to homesteaders, the cauldron/stew pot has even been a hot tub you throw the leftovers into and never turn off ever. Could be kept in the base as a non-portable food source and would be cool/thematic.

Just wanted to throw those out there. I'm sure it's all been said before and this has been my favorite game since it came out. Awesome awesome game and thank you for always adding to it.

and on man said.

"when the story is over, close the book" Crap that doesn't fit

"do or do not their is no try" Crap that doesn't work ether

"we know a thing or too cuz we've seen a thing or too" You know what i don't know what to say!

Also dose anyone know how to do "spoiler" thing

Do you want to see the screenshot or not???

I don't know if this is the place to talk about it but it came up a few years ago talking to my bro.

-Be really cool if we had chicken coops. Harvest eggs and murder chickens for meat.

-Some possibility of taming dogs/wolves and maybe trap kennels and dog armor like they had for boars

-From medieval inns to homesteaders, the cauldron/stew pot has even been a hot tub you throw the leftovers into and never turn off ever. Could be kept in the base as a non-portable food source and would be cool/thematic.

Just wanted to throw those out there. I'm sure it's all been said before and this has been my favorite game since it came out. Awesome awesome game and thank you for always adding to it.

ahh you sound like me.

but a few things

Chicken coops: i like that idea of harvesting animals. but i think that the Chicken should be replaced with a turkey due to size, and you should be able to "Harvest" eggs from chickens/turkeys when you gut them. maybe a 25% chance

Wolfs: Unfortunately Madmole Confirmed that Dog tames were scraped. but we Get a flying Drone so hell yeah

Cooking: i asked this too. "in a way" i asked if their could be a stove and i think it was a Yah or Nah (don't remember) but i do like your Slop/left over idea. maybe you could put it in a Can and keep it as a "trail mix"

- - - Updated - - -

Do you want to see the screenshot or not???

yes....

- - - Updated - - -

I can:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31143[/ATTACH]

> 300 fps on any GPU :cocksure:

looks like my brain

Archived