Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Sorry if I seem snappy. Been smashing weights and waking up too early for no reason. It happens around release time, I get anxiety I think and stop sleeping more than 6 hours. Leg day was yesterday, squatted 365 for 10, will be back to 400 pounds in about 3-4 weeks. SO that might have kicked my ass. I also read about spears about 500 times on various social media and its like yep, we got the memo already.

Spears use stamina now when thrown.

You have been fine. Matter a fact, more than fine.

Thank you for being so active on the forums. Not alot of devs do that and it means alot to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Official 7 Days Coffee mugs! I'm so stoked about these!

Just ordered mine. Should have it by Saturday.

...snip...

Also... I am playing game just fine without forcing what I need points on... my next unofficial test will be to level and survive without using any perks/points.. not as hard as you think.

Thank you very much. Interesting to see the differences between MM, Roland, and yourself. Your 'style' seems very similar to mine. (pre 18 of course). I like the perk idea - I might try that as well.

As I have 6500+ hours I have a few tips/tricks as well. Am super looking forward to forgetting some and learning others.

Thanks again! (all of you).

This really gets me excited MM... since the first day I play this game I am a loot-addict. I just almost pick up everything and save it. (Or scrap it and save the scrap from it). I never have enough backpack space... I am really curious about A18 and the new "looting depth"

Besides... since the first day I play this game I am hooked and even have a hard time in reallife to make the difference.

I see Goldenrod everywhere as long as I see yellow flowers. If I make coffee for myself I wonder if I should plant some in the garden, I see broken cars (actually they are not broken, but old, but I just assume they are broken). Last week we had someone to sleepover and I asked if he needed a bedroll... but quickly changed it to "matras"... and I even see zombies (mother in law for example) and u have those days that the sun goes down and u got a very nice sunset/sundown and the sky turns red so i start to wonder : is this the 7th day???

I just can't get it out of my head and I think A18 will add new features in my head...

Ha! +Rep :biggrin1:

(now go schedule a mental health visit! :) )

Cool. Right, but they are known for that, I don't think its needed. You can craft a stone sledgehammer now in the first minute of the game, I think sledgehammer trumps rock :)

good point - Stone sledge hammer - interesting. this weekend I am going to play a scavenger only game - that is I can only use what I find or craft with what I find so if I want a bike I need to find the wheels not make them. I can buy/sell with traders.

should be fun.

Ha! +Rep :biggrin1:

(now go schedule a mental health visit! :) )

haha :)

I did...but she introduced herself as "Jenny" and wanted to 'trade' some personal information first...

So I asked if it was a blueprint, schematic or...... :cocksure:

If you guys decided to make a 7D2D merchandise in the form of a rock, I'll be the first customer..

lol, do not buy all of them, I will need one, too.

Hope the delivery is less than 20 bucks as it is for the awesome mug.

We can use the forums to hire a fella, that will go to US , buy whatever merch we want and bring it to Europe, even for free. Anyone?

P.S. having a 3 day break, dead is dead is awaiting. Wish me luck. *smerk*

Thank you very much. Interesting to see the differences between MM, Roland, and yourself. Your 'style' seems very similar to mine. (pre 18 of course). I like the perk idea - I might try that as well.

As I have 6500+ hours I have a few tips/tricks as well. Am super looking forward to forgetting some and learning others.

Thanks again! (all of you).

There were a threads that few guys here shared lots of interesting and fun stories. Lastest are even better, can`t wait for more of you Pimps.

Ooor, *couuugh*, release it. Take your time of course :)

I did...but she introduced herself as "Jenny" and wanted to 'trade' some personal information first...

So I asked if it was a blueprint, schematic or...... :cocksure:

damn, too funny :)

Makes me hope they do hire a fem voice actor for Jenny, but only for _some_ of Jennys lines. "Hi Sweety, do you like what you see?" then the current va for the lines when you don't buy anything... :shocked::lol:

damn, too funny :)

Makes me hope they do hire a fem voice actor for Jenny, but only for _some_ of Jennys lines. "Hi Sweety, do you like what you see?" then the current va for the lines when you don't buy anything... :shocked::lol:

Would be nice to see if traders actually can be destroyed by zombies... and that you can do a quest line to rebuild the place or so.

Would be nice to see if traders actually can be destroyed by zombies... and that you can do a quest line to rebuild the place or so.

That or helping a trader rebuild its post and become active, which is same as being destroyed by zeds of course, had a thought about that recently. Glad I am not alone on that clever piece of idea, means there is a chance !

lol, do not buy all of them, I will need one, too.

Hope the delivery is less than 20 bucks as it is for the awesome mug.

We can use the forums to hire a fella, that will go to US , buy whatever merch we want and bring it to Europe, even for free. Anyone?

P.S. having a 3 day break, dead is dead is awaiting. Wish me luck. *smerk*

Sure, we can ask Roland to come by and drop them off here in Europe! But we have to tempt him.. How shall we convince him?

- - - Updated - - -

Yo Rocky! No merchandise yet but I did find this Wiki. It's a little old by I thought that you might like it. https://7daystodie.gamepedia.com/Rocks

Don't forget to scroll down once you click on the link.

Damn that's some nice pictures of rocks.. Big rocks and small rocks.

Wait..

I heard something funny..

I thought I heard SnowDog doing.. Something.. Somewhere..

- - - Updated - - -

Meh. Your sales window:

--------------------

small stone 20

--------------------

Hehe!

But my quests would be nice.. 'Collect 50 rocks'

Vehicles can now fall faster than their max speed, capping out at a terminal velocity and hard falls will damage the vehicle and their riders.

Cool stuff Faatal! changing velocity mid-air is fixed too? (maybe is not even on the list of MF)

- - - Updated - - -

*Taps on shoulder*

I thought we were friends!

Sorry I was late :D A trader named after me would be nice! But we would have to name one after Guppy as well, and I'm for sure not buying what that guy is selling!

Imagine being a trader that only sells resources and mining gear, it would be pretty cool. I know it's not a geologist, but it's close enough for this apocalypse scenario.

Interesting and exciting info on your playthrough experiances MM, Roland, unholyjoe, thanks!

If any of you feel so inclined I'd guess there's at least a few of us who would love to hear some more details on how your later Horde Nights are going, and your defensive stratagies?

MM you mentioned you were looking forward to electricity. How's that going & is there anything interesting to report so far?

No rush, not intending to be greedy here, heh :) please don't forego your weekly shower to answer these! :biggrin1:

I haven't got it yet. I'm saving up the perk points for rank three of advanced engineering which is Electrician. We didn't have electrical schematics when this character started but I'm starting to see them spawn, but yet to find a generator schematic. I have found some things at traders, so we'll see if I buy the perk, depends on what I can find between now and when I have the points to spend. The good thing is the electrician gets xp for trap kills so it won't feel useless if I buy it and find schematics later.

For me horde night is all about ammo. I stand on my walls and shoot everything, perferably before they reach my spikes because I want the XP. Its costing about 100 rounds per 10 levels or so, so I need about 500 rounds to get through a horde night right now. I love grenades I just drop them onto a big cluster of zombies and watch bodies fly. Molotovs still blow up in my face or the radius is too much and light me on fire so I don't like them for fort defense where you throw straight down.

Why would one guy fix other peoples bugs? There are currently 58 MFs assigned to 17 different people. The number of MFs does not only go down. New ones are added each day. I got mine to zero a few days ago, but now have 3.

Well it happens rarely, like I took about 10 of Gazz's because I was caught up.

Archived