Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I hope EVERYONE looks at the first question on their new mug on amazon. Can anyone answer it for me?

only question i see is a list of usual questions... as this just came out and nobody has one yet, it would be hard to tell you how durable it is yet... but then again.. i dont plan on actually drinking from mine as i have a no spill glass that has saved me quite a lot... the 7dtd is just for collection.

unless you see a different question!

I have a Texas A&M Vet school mug that does that, the horse and dog become a skeleton

- - - Updated - - -

its a rock...just a rock - not a trademark :)

Cool. Right, but they are known for that, I don't think its needed. You can craft a stone sledgehammer now in the first minute of the game, I think sledgehammer trumps rock :)

Everyone hates to be an iron age peasant :(

You're getting me so hyped man... I miss 7 days, but I don't want to start a new A17 world now, we are so close to A18e that it doesn't worth it IMO.

Yeah don't bother. All I can say is this is hands down the best version of the game. I liked the ideas we presented in 17 but it just didn't have 2000 hours of polish time put into it like 18 does. The looting depth is insane now, and we don't even have legendaries, but items with random stats is like "mini legendaries" when you get a top of the range item, and its still a blast.

Like levels are slower but with books its like leveling up now, since they are a mini perk on their own. So even when its a grindy hour or hour and a half without leveling since there are so much good loot it doesn't matter, finding loot is a huge reward now, and its paced so much better.

But honestly I've never really worried about my level, it happens because time flies when you play the game and the slow pace is better, before you would be able to craft the best stuff in no time and be like now what? Well now the best stuff is in loot and there are 5 interesting major builds waiting to be played and lots of interesting hybrids. Random stat items that are way better than what you will ever craft keeps you wanting new tech, and the slow leveling forces you to carefully pick your perks and then you find everything else you need, like I am not an INT guy, so I've been scrounging for schematics to do what the int player does, and food recipes, electricity, all of that. Its so rewarding finding schematics that unlock recipes and not having to buy the perk, so I can specialize fully in my main attribute and not waste points in stuff I want, but dont' NEED.

Much less jack of all trades and more specialization. We've put a lot of work into making ways to get by without any perks at all.

How about a bandit named Kris Klepto that comes to your base and steals stuff?

We were joking about that, or imagine seeing some hobo at your vehicle jacking the loot and he runs off and you have to chase him down lol. He would take some random items from your inventory (or 3 most valuable?) and take off running. Maybe spawn a quest "catch the thief" and when you get close he surrenders or you can just gun him down and get your loot back and whatever he has.

Yeah don't bother. All I can say is this is hands down the best version of the game. I liked the ideas we presented in 17 but it just didn't have 2000 hours of polish time put into it like 18 does. The looting depth is insane now, and we don't even have legendaries, but items with random stats is like "mini legendaries" when you get a top of the range item, and its still a blast.

Like levels are slower but with books its like leveling up now, since they are a mini perk on their own. So even when its a grindy hour or hour and a half without leveling since there are so much good loot it doesn't matter, finding loot is a huge reward now, and its paced so much better.

But honestly I've never really worried about my level, it happens because time flies when you play the game and the slow pace is better, before you would be able to craft the best stuff in no time and be like now what? Well now the best stuff is in loot and there are 5 interesting major builds waiting to be played and lots of interesting hybrids. Random stat items that are way better than what you will ever craft keeps you wanting new tech, and the slow leveling forces you to carefully pick your perks and then you find everything else you need, like I am not an INT guy, so I've been scrounging for schematics to do what the int player does, and food recipes, electricity, all of that. Its so rewarding finding schematics that unlock recipes and not having to buy the perk, so I can specialize fully in my main attribute and not waste points in stuff I want, but dont' NEED.

Much less jack of all trades and more specialization. We've put a lot of work into making ways to get by without any perks at all.

Nice, I'll be checking those skill trees soon! Intellect+Agility is my choice for now (without trying the new loot balance) but when the time comes...؟who knows?

Can't wait to play with my family and friends again

We were joking about that, or imagine seeing some hobo at your vehicle jacking the loot and he runs off and you have to chase him down lol. He would take some random items from your inventory (or 3 most valuable?) and take off running. Maybe spawn a quest "catch the thief" and when you get close he surrenders or you can just gun him down and get your loot back and whatever he has.

+1 to random events!

Yes you are. "Make it hard". No thanks, why should we ruin the experience for normal players who wouldn't cheat because they know it ruins their experience. I keep repeating we could make it hard, and you would still cheat, because all you would have to do is exit to the menu and enable cheats and restart the game and cheat. So no matter what we do, you will need to address your self control issues and recognize your behavior change is the feature you need.

We want to focus on bandits so we can't just do these random requests that yield no gains towards our goals.

I don't think you get what I'm asking but ok I'll throw the towel on this one. Also, I've been waiting for bandits since alpha 14 so carry on doing that lol.

I don't know our cost for sure, but from what I'm told when you do small runs and after Amazon, we're kinda breaking even on it. We're just happy to get the advertising out there and dabble in this, to see how it goes.

Looking on the Bethesda store just now their cups are 20 if they aren't on sale.

Ah, shame about the small run, makes sense, and kudos for not trying to profit much; I was comparing to GoT mugs which yeh, would probably have a larger inventory. :)

...who did the art on it?

Ah, shame about the small run, makes sense, and kudos for not trying to profit much; I was comparing to GoT mugs which yeh, would probably have a larger inventory. :)

...who did the art on it?

I think Rick got them something close and the company tweaked it for the finish.

Archived