Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

2. and more importantly, because this way we can find other traders that have managed to hide away.

This quest would give far less reward but is a Tier 1 quest (because lateron you probably dont need that anymore and it is riskfree with only time beeing the ressource you spend, since oyu are most likely on foot still)

Finding another trader is part of the exploration "mini-game", one of the challenges. I don't think it should be trivial.

In the early game a second trader is sure nice, but only if he is in less than 2km radius around the first one. Otherwise you waste too much time traveling. Only after you have at least a minibike traders really become the OP source for everything plus quests.

Hey Madmole. I was surprised to hear that you only now discovered that there are traders in every boime.

But yeah, it's like that in Navezgane. Trader Jenny is the hardest to find :). Mainly because unlike most traders that are on main roads. Jenny is on a side roads. Side roads are very hard to see in the wasteland biome.

It is not like each of us knows every part of the game. I didn't know that either, but I don't like traders and rarely visit them. A18 might make it more of a necessity to get rare but wanted stuff, but I'd rather sneak in at night and steal it. ;)

That or helping a trader rebuild its post and become active, which is same as being destroyed by zeds of course, had a thought about that recently. Glad I am not alone on that clever piece of idea, means there is a chance !

Could just have an NPC with a sleeping bag. He says "if I had a bunch of wood and stone I bet I could set up a trading post". You collect 10000 wood/stone and give it to him. Come back next day and he has a mansion built. "Thanks man for the help"! You get a whole 1% discount.

It is not like each of us knows every part of the game. I didn't know that either, but I don't like traders and rarely visit them. A18 might make it more of a necessity to get rare but wanted stuff, but I'd rather sneak in at night and steal it. ;)

BIG thumbs up from me. :)

Cool stuff Faatal! changing velocity mid-air is fixed too? (maybe is not even on the list of MF)

Not said, then ain't changed. Sounds like you mean the nudging code to help you from getting stuck which is a feature! Since you can pickup vehicles these days, it is probably not as needed, but it stays for now.

We were joking about that, or imagine seeing some hobo at your vehicle jacking the loot and he runs off and you have to chase him down lol. He would take some random items from your inventory (or 3 most valuable?) and take off running. Maybe spawn a quest "catch the thief" and when you get close he surrenders or you can just gun him down and get your loot back and whatever he has.

You read my mind :smile-new:

Another scenario might be a well-to-do npc mistaking us for a hobo and becoming aggression (especially if grass-made clothes are worn). If dressed in business attire, he might trade with us.

We were joking about that, or imagine seeing some hobo at your vehicle jacking the loot and he runs off and you have to chase him down lol. He would take some random items from your inventory (or 3 most valuable?) and take off running. Maybe spawn a quest "catch the thief" and when you get close he surrenders or you can just gun him down and get your loot back and whatever he has.

Diablo loot goblins confirmed for a19! ;)

Honestly, I'd kind of like a19 to be a lite update.. maybe rgw tweaks, rivers or bridges, a few new pois and vehicle mods, released early December.

Just something to add more fun stuff and improvements but not enough to delay the release like a18's bulkiness, and enough to be able to say there were two updates this year.

(And new release buzz during the holiday buying season.)

Oh, and a19 could have that parasail....

This really gets me excited MM... since the first day I play this game I am a loot-addict. I just almost pick up everything and save it. (Or scrap it and save the scrap from it). I never have enough backpack space... I am really curious about A18 and the new "looting depth"

Besides... since the first day I play this game I am hooked and even have a hard time in reallife to make the difference.

I see Goldenrod everywhere as long as I see yellow flowers. If I make coffee for myself I wonder if I should plant some in the garden, I see broken cars (actually they are not broken, but old, but I just assume they are broken). Last week we had someone to sleepover and I asked if he needed a bedroll... but quickly changed it to "matras"... and I even see zombies (mother in law for example) and u have those days that the sun goes down and u got a very nice sunset/sundown and the sky turns red so i start to wonder : is this the 7th day???

I just can't get it out of my head and I think A18 will add new features in my head...

I can identify. When I used to play gta III and drive somewhere afterwards, I had to force myself to remember that stoplights are not optional and pedestrians are not targets.

Just a couple brief questions that I've been curious about for a while now (especially the former).

1. What is the difference between Fetch and Hidden Cache quests? As far as I can tell, there is none, so is there a reason to have two identical quest types under two different names? Just curious. :p

2. With grenades coming in A18, will pipe bombs become obsolete? (Removed even?) If not, will grenades do more block damage than pipe bombs, or be more expensive than pipe bombs?

Vehicles can now fall faster than their max speed, capping out at a terminal velocity and hard falls will damage the vehicle and their riders.

Love it! And every time I see AI right before I die now I'll see that glimmer of mirth in your eyes.

We're closed until we get these walls fixed...Can you help?

That's some pretty good motivation to do it. No trading and no quests until done? Maybe that could be a starter quest instead of find the trader. You have to help him set up camp. Add zombie guts all around the base a la walking dead to cause the settlement to be ignored by zombies.

I wish I had a special a18 dead is dead key I could give you, and when you died you lost the code or access. You would be super stoked but super stressed knowing your A18 would be gone until release if you died lol.

I LOVE this idea, even though we won't be able to play till after the 1st week in Sept. at earliest. Watching a few early access streamers combust when they die would be hilarious.

I nominate Kage for a a18 super early access explode-a-key.

Agreed...never use the traders either..

Could just have an NPC with a sleeping bag. He says "if I had a bunch of wood and stone I bet I could set up a trading post". You collect 10000 wood/stone and give it to him. Come back next day and he has a mansion built. "Thanks man for the help"! You get a whole 1% discount.

This is something i allways thought would be cool, even do it for npc towns the bigger the town gets the more npcs start showing up needing resources to build their buildings.

Diablo loot goblins confirmed for a19! ;)

Honestly, I'd kind of like a19 to be a lite update.. maybe rgw tweaks, rivers or bridges, a few new pois and vehicle mods, released early December.

Just something to add more fun stuff and improvements but not enough to delay the release like a18's bulkiness, and enough to be able to say there were two updates this year.

(And new release buzz during the holiday buying season.)

Oh, and a19 could have that parasail....

I'd like to do spring and fall releases so A, We can have a nice relaxing Christmas, and B, have a nice wide open summer to vacation and enjoy the pool.

Just a couple brief questions that I've been curious about for a while now (especially the former).

1. What is the difference between Fetch and Hidden Cache quests? As far as I can tell, there is none, so is there a reason to have two identical quest types under two different names? Just curious. :p

2. With grenades coming in A18, will pipe bombs become obsolete? (Removed even?) If not, will grenades do more block damage than pipe bombs, or be more expensive than pipe bombs?

Hidden cache doesn't tell you exactly where it is, you get close then look for it. Its been deleted from A18 because it didn't provide enough useful distinction.

Pibe bombs are like poor mans grenades and a tech teir below them. Like a hunting rifle vs MR10.

Archived