Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I think, it would be a good idea that zombies affected by bleeding through cuts would visually show it. Maybe by spilling blood or clothes being soaked by blood. So you could change your target and let time do its work. More effective combat :cocksure:

+1 I'm currently playing a Agility guy, and this would be very welcomed. :)

Speaking of glasses and the cigar.

Almost every attribute has a piece of clothing that gives you +1 in that attribute as long as you wear it.

Only for fortitude there seems to be nothing that gives you +1 in fortitude. Was that forgotten or is there something planned ?

Yeah I just haven't thought of something cool yet. Hats could work.

Yeah I just haven't thought of something cool yet. Hats could work.

Hats take away head armor though so probably better to stick with other articles of clothing. First thought was a jock strap and have it add a bit more damage reduction, then I realized it would only work for half the characters...so maybe something like a mouthguard instead might cover all the bases while also making you choose between + STR and + FORT kinda like you gotta do with the eyewear

@ MM / Robert

It only took me 3 years to get another release out :p. Alpha 18 compatible version of The Walking Dead Prison. Being able to create stuff like this is what will keep me coming back even after the game goes gold. Hope you guys enjoy. :)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?13610-Prefab-The-Walking-Dead-Prison

Amazing! I'll have to try it on a test world.

Please explain. You basically go for the spear on a 2x2 wooden rinse and repeat and use the 7.5 minutes a day to farm wood and stones for repairs?

Pretty much. I finally went for 4 columns, 2 blocks apart each, in a square, made out of cobblestone. That didn't work. Either I could not reach the damaged blocks to repair them, or I had to make it 2 blocks high, meaning the zombies could jump on each other's shoulders and get to me that way.

A small stone ended up killing me. I tried to nerdpole to get to the top of my base after a zombie joined me on that level, and I couldn't place a block on the ground where the small stone was, so I died.

@ MM / Robert

It only took me 3 years to get another release out :p. Alpha 18 compatible version of The Walking Dead Prison. Being able to create stuff like this is what will keep me coming back even after the game goes gold. Hope you guys enjoy. :)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?13610-Prefab-The-Walking-Dead-Prison

Nice, its finished :) Mostly finished ?

We added 20 new weapons in the last alpha, pushing that further would have been absurd.

I don't disagree, but I also don't recall the double-barrel prior to 18. I'm saying that - in my personal opinion - you should've gone with a mag-fed semi-auto for Tier 3 instead of inserting the double-barrel between the blunderbuss and the pump gun. Being stuck with a double-barrel as your only "ranged" option for Strength is painful - it's really not got much range (or at least it doesn't feel like it).

Archived