Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Feedback on b155

1. On the patch notes, can you have the news changes listed by themselves and not lumped in with the other builds so we can see what has change din *just* the latest patch? Currently you have all the builds after the initial experimental build lumped into one section.

2. I used to hate melee and now I love fighting with the stun baton.

3. I love the Art of Mining Avalanche book. About 20 minutes after I read it, I was mining and my roof collapsed on me. I probably would not have survived it if I hadn't read that book.

4. Hubby got the book that lets you step on mines without setting them off and now he is having a blast, luring the zeds onto the mines, laughing his ass off and critiquing their ragdolls like a judge at a diving competition.

5. Trees are growing really damn fast. 2 days (120 minute days) from planting they are full grown. It seems a little speedy to us.

6. Shared quests disappear out of your quest log even if it is partially done after relog/disconnect. If this intended? It's kinds of a pain to get a crash when you are almost finished with the quest (kill x type) and have to reshare and restart the whole thing all over again.

7. Any way to have a setting to auto-party with someone on your friends list so you don't have to keep sending the invites every time someone relogs in a co-op game.

8. Crafting xp should be shared in a party as well kill xp, otherwise the builder in the co-op group ends up much higher level and game stage than the killers and looters.

9. Hubby is seeing teleporting zeds. Co-op MP game on a LAN with me as the host and him as the client. Seeing that we are on a LAN and he only has a 1 ping, we should not be seeing such a server desync. It is less of an issue connecting directly via IP address than it is connecting vie Steam friends list, but it is still there.

Feedback on b155

1. On the patch notes, can you have the news changes listed by themselves and not lumped in with the other builds so we can see what has change din *just* the latest patch? Currently you have all the builds after the initial experimental build lumped into one section.

2. I used to hate melee and now I love fighting with the stun baton.

3. I love the Art of Mining Avalanche book. About 20 minutes after I read it, I was mining and my roof collapsed on me. I probably would not have survived it if I hadn't read that book.

4. Hubby got the book that lets you step on mines without setting them off and now he is having a blast, luring the zeds onto the mines, laughing his ass off and critiquing their ragdolls like a judge at a diving competition.

5. Trees are growing really damn fast. 2 days (120 minute days) from planting they are full grown. It seems a little speedy to us.

6. Shared quests disappear out of your quest log even if it is partially done after relog/disconnect. If this intended? It's kinds of a pain to get a crash when you are almost finished with the quest (kill x type) and have to reshare and restart the whole thing all over again.

7. Any way to have a setting to auto-party with someone on your friends list so you don't have to keep sending the invites every time someone relogs in a co-op game.

8. Crafting xp should be shared in a party as well kill xp, otherwise the builder in the co-op group ends up much higher level and game stage than the killers and looters.

9. Hubby is seeing teleporting zeds. Co-op MP game on a LAN with me as the host and him as the client. Seeing that we are on a LAN and he only has a 1 ping, we should not be seeing such a server desync. It is less of an issue connecting directly via IP address than it is connecting vie Steam friends list, but it is still there.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?131112-Announcement-A18-b155-EXP

The patch notes are usually separated already.

How the F do you craft that??? I just looked and looked, no idea, neither "glowing" nor "embers" brings up anything at all in the craft menu search thingy. I would use those often, love when a POI I inhabit has them already, like in a fireplace(even though that's often where I like to put my forge, had one with 3 forges once, was so cool.) I wanna make'm.

Either mass produce splints or surround that bad boy with hay bails until your done, cause you should try that again, was a nice build.

Probably a custom recipe.

How the F do you craft that??? I just looked and looked, no idea, neither "glowing" nor "embers" brings up anything at all in the craft menu search thingy. I would use those often, love when a POI I inhabit has them already, like in a fireplace(even though that's often where I like to put my forge, had one with 3 forges once, was so cool.) I wanna make'm.

Either mass produce splints or surround that bad boy with hay bails until your done, cause you should try that again, was a nice build.

Thanks, it was a custom recipe. You can spawn them in with creative menu though. I like them a lot also, wish they were in the game proper. I'm doing a "monster" build right now. I will do the sword build again for sure though.

Edit: they are called Ember Pile if you want to find them in creative.

Nice pics!!!! Love the theme. I think on my next play through I think I'll do 2 week hordes so I can do more rebuilding decorating.

Ah, didn't think of that. I'm so used to the 7 day aspect, so I do 120 minute days, which amounts to basically the same thing, the days are just longer, more useful, but get to keep the 7 theme intact. Plus I am now over 40 days in, I didn't have enough time for all this until recently. Spent a full day or two after my 5th Blood Moon finishing up and polishing most of it, felt I'd earnt it by that point.

These larger projects help extend my game, I make late game build goals often. Now that it's done enough, and my BM tower is pretty solid, I'm working toward getting a motorcycle and/or jeep so I can explore all that is new around Navezgane. There are both old and new areas I wanna check out yet, so this game will probably be pretty long. I might even build a satellite base down in Departure so I can stay there for days at a time, comfortably, and explore the desert, rly wanna check out the new old west town.

Anyway I just like making nice little areas as a middle finger to the apocalypse in general, like ♥♥♥♥ you zombos I'm gonna live in comfort despite yo' brain eatin asses. Is the icing on the survival cake, and the building in A18 has certainly upped the level of what can be done, is so much quicker/easier to do more elaborate stuff now.

Actually they aren't. b139, b143/145 and b155 are all lumped together in one section. What I mean is have b155 and only b155 notes in section by themselves (as an example).

Actually they are. Did you even click the link?

The notes are all together on the main game site. Not the forum. Use the thread he linked instead.

Actually they are. Did you even click the link?

The notes are all together on the main game site. Not the forum. Use the thread he linked instead.

Yes I did use that link. The section is titled "[h=3]Changelog B135 – B155[/h]"

which means the b139 patch notes are there, the b143/145/149 patch notes are there and the b155 patch notes are all in that section NOT just the b155 patch notes which is the latest patch. I want to the see patch notes for JUST b155 in a section by itself instead of lumped in with the b13x and b14x notes and having to slog thru them as well and try and spot what is new for just this build.

I haven't found a single seed yet, how the heck you guys have jack o lanterns yet?

@Madmole:

I just did my day 56 horde night... I have about half a dozen of them now. I'm hoping someone does a mod with them to use them as pumpkin bombs! I imagine a molotov version and a frag version would be fun!

Also, I've been getting great performance with this patch, but as soon as the sky turned red my performance cut in half before the blood moon even started.

Could the blood moon shader be causing that slowdown? This was long before the blood moon started, and there were no zombies on screen, so something has to be causing that slowdown.

(If that was fixed, a18 would be perfect, other than the early wip new world generation.)

(And a combo of electric fences and blade traps are the cheapest resource for defense. I have two shotgun turrets, and defending myself as well, the turrets used less than 100 ammo each.)

I started with a killing corridor, but very few even manage to make it up there. (Nomad, 16 alive)

Replacing/repairing the passive defenses means I don't need to spend 2 days of the next week gathering resources for massive amounts of ammo, and I can spend the time doing quests.

(I considered dart traps, but again they are a resource sink.)

Next plan is adding more blade traps and electric fences.. l have blade traps now, paired with 6 electric fences on the ground, and 3 up on the killing corridor to slow them down for more headshots.

And best, that level point earned me the perk for the 4x4!

Wow - just got to say, good come back!!! I wasn't a fan of A17 and only put a couple of hours into it before I gave up. A18 I've been loving so far, once again the next major version update changed the game enough to what "imo" was the wrong direction to a total positive.

I'm still on the fence on one issue thought -

A. I think the updates are by far too far between each other. I have hundreds of steam games and there isn't any that haven't been abandoned that go as long as 7D2D to update

B. I love how much the game changes between updates, sometimes it ends up being almost like a totally different game!

I don't know if I like games like Subnautica that updated almost on a daily basis (and most of the time you didn't know the difference unless you read the patch notes) or 7D2D where almost the whole game changes with a single update once a year or so.

which means the b139 patch notes are there, the b143/145/149 patch notes are there and the b155 patch notes are all in that section NOT just the b155 patch notes which is the latest patch. I want to the see patch notes for JUST b155 in a section by itself instead of lumped in with the b13x and b14x notes and having to slog thru them as well and try and spot what is new for just this build.

That means either you did not click the link, or more likely clicked the link and then followed the link in there instead of scrolling down.

Click the link and scroll down in the post. You'll see "here's what's changed since b152".

Horde Night Day 14. We are still running on our b152 world; I kind of wanted to rebuild but nobody else did so I let it ride. I was level 17 (116 health to start), and was middle of the pack - I believe our highest was 19. We're getting greens fairly regularly in loot now, so I'm not sure if a new game would need to start in order to see the change in loot.

For our base we took over what looks like a stone English church with graveyard surrounding it (nice solid brick walls) and we've converted the crypts to our bedrooms and the church itself into our crafting and storage area. The Addams Family-looking house across the street has been turned into our garage, and we're building a horde night base in the field behind us for when the Demolishers show up.

Anyhow, Game Stage was 110, spawns were GS97 for the first and 109 for the last. We had cops and rad zombies, as well as feral wights, in the first wave, though that seemed to settle down in the second/third. I still think it seems a tad excessive, but In Pimps We Trust so we'll go with it. Since we can't find a single damned beaker anywhere, and we didn't notice the chem station at the trader was active until way too late, we had scrounged ammo only. I'd bought a pump shotgun (doing strength for now) and had about 300 rounds going in, and was down to 41 by the end. We were totally tapped out on 9mm, 7.62mm, and only had about 200 rounds of junk turret ammo left (out of the nearly 2k rounds we started with). Gunpowder's cooking now though, so we'll have ammo enough for Day 21, even if we have to ride nearly a kilometer each way to get to the trader. (Yeah, they don't want to move and build by him. But if we could just find a beaker...)

Yeah just click the link and scroll down. Don't click any links inside the post. They will take you elsewhere.

Idk what you are talking about the title is

"Announcement: A18 b155 EXP"

and then

"Here's what changed since b152:"

That means either you did not click the link, or more likely clicked the link and then followed the link in there instead of scrolling down.

Click the link and scroll down in the post. You'll see "here's what's changed since b152".

I'm following the link posted up on the official twitter account

https://7daystodie.com/a18-official-release-notes/

There is no section that says "here's what's changed since b152"

If they are posting two separate sets of patch notes in the different medias, then they need to consolidate it and post the same set of links.

What you are talking about are forum posts not the official patch notes, which was what I am talking about.

Archived