Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

AFAIK, one programmer and one tester have an RX580. Nothing specifically has been done with snow yet, because testing it (on other GPUs) showed little difference, so time was spent on higher priority bugs and gfx changes like lowering VRAM use, texture streaming and terrain flickering.

I have a rx570 on one machine and havent noticed anything like that. I wasnt really looking for it though either.

I am loving the faster melee swings! Feels so much more visceral when attacking.

I was not a fan of how slow my knife could stab (currently playing agility).

We thought it would feel better and have more granularity for resource gathering.

I think it is only old AMD cards like the HD 5000, 6000 series launched in 2009 and 2010.

Ah, ok, cool. By the way... AMD just, and I mean JUST released Adrenalin 19.10.2 Optional Driver package. I got a notification a few moments after sending my last message to you. I didn't see anything particular or pertinent, but, who knows, eh?

Thanks for the clarification!

Sometimes when I walk up to a bicycle, my character trips over it like a drunken Curly Howard. Takes a solid 3-5 seconds to recover and I take damage-both to my character and to myself from falling over in laughter. I don't know if this is a bug or not (so I haven't reported it) but if it is, I hope to God, Buddha, Shiva, Hachiman, Shamash--pick a god, I don't care--that it's one of those bugs that gets branded as a feature. If this has been brought up before, my apologies.

Vehicle hits can cause a ragdoll and you tripping over one that has its physics active is basically the same thing, so....feature!

Well, this sucks. I was in the middle of horde night when my PSU had a power surge, which never happened before. After reconnecting all my wires I start up the game only to find my save got corrupted =( . It reads A 0.0 and broke the game so bad I can't even delete the file or click anything. So after Alt-4ing I try to verify the files. Didn't work. I uninstalled and am reinstalling the game as I write this. Hope this works.

Too bad, I had big plans for my base; even cataloging it along the way. RIP didn't even get a chance to paint it :upset:

Screenshot-61.png

Screenshot-63.png

Screenshot-65.png

Screenshot-66.png

Screenshot-67.png

wow, what a cool design, so creative!

while i rarely do anything as nice as you in my own game (mostly boring box towers),

i try to always remember backup my save after every play session, just in case.

just during b152 i recovered to a previous save twice already, when my game got corrupted / bugged.

better lose some progress and recover, than just rage quit and wait till u feel like starting over again.

Ah, something I thought of that happened the other day. Going to try to replicate it.

The other night I ended up logging off during the night time in game; there were zombies around my little house, but they didn't know where I was. I was crouched and waiting it out because I'd upped the difficulty and it was the 1st night. When I logged back in the following day, one of them instantly knew where I was and broke in. I think with the way your character sort of "falls" in when the game generates the stage, it can alert nearby enemies?

Ah, something I thought of that happened the other day. Going to try to replicate it.

The other night I ended up logging off during the night time in game; there were zombies around my little house, but they didn't know where I was. I was crouched and waiting it out because I'd upped the difficulty and it was the 1st night. When I logged back in the following day, one of them instantly knew where I was and broke in. I think with the way your character sort of "falls" in when the game generates the stage, it can alert nearby enemies?

hmmm interesting I've never had this happen before.

The new update feels a lot smoother. I didn't see any mention of optimisation improvements, but something was fixed, for sure.

The Jack o lanterns look AMAZING now that thier lights are fixed! (I just hope they are always around, not just a seasonal thing that gets pulled.l

My goal is to put one at every house in a city...lol!

Would be a nice way to mark cleared pois.

So we played Day 28 before the patch was released. I’m very sad to not have a video. At roughly 3am, we ran out of ammo except shotgun and turrets. At 315am, around 12 demolishers showed up as if they knew we had no ammo lol. Turrets caused several to blow up & the ground damage was huge! 4am hits & there were still 3 demolishers around. We were on the second floor and they were trying to break through the hatch. I drove my bike off the second floor escape ramp. Then I ran around looting yellow bags hoping to find some ammo. I found about ten 7.62, enough to kill one demolisher and a turret killed one.

Then I did something crazy..... I took off my armor so I could run faster, then I & my flaming iron knuckles confronted the last demolisher! I lured him away from the base first. Every time I hit him, I got the armor ring. Finally, I must have accidentally hit the button because I heard the timer start!! I turned to run....thank goodness the timer was longer than I thought. When he exploded, I was far enough away to only suffer about 30 points of damage! So, yes boys and girls, you can run from a demolisher and live to tell about it! It was glorious, the most fun I’ve had on a horde night.

Now I’ll wipe the server & we’ll start a new game. MM......you guys really outdone yourselves. I finally can see playing a much longer game now.

Thanks, I love reading these stories. With the right settings you can make it just hard enough to barely survive and those are the best stories to tell and the most fun.

I was just running around Diersvill putting one on every porch! The lighting on them looks so good now I made my entire base Halloween themed, now the entire neighborhood. Tonight I'm gonna run around knocking on(down) doors collecting treats.

I haven't found a single seed yet, how the heck you guys have jack o lanterns yet?

Thanks, I love reading these stories. With the right settings you can make it just hard enough to barely survive and those are the best stories to tell and the most fun.

I bet many will have great stories to share this Thanksgiving Holiday. I'm curious what will be the stories this year at the huenik's....maybe the initial ideas for 7 MOAR days to die. 😎

Why not add that idea to the game? :)

Already have, why do you think ferals are faster? I would love to see them feed and their eyes turn glowing and then they take off running fast, even if they ate an animal or your buddy to see zombies upgrade on the spot would be terrifying.

Archived