Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

yeah a update for it would be nice!

maybe it could uses like glass for bleed damage! , oil for fire , and more cuz the blunderbuss its purpose was if there was junk on the ground like glass , rocks or metal. you put it in then gunpowder , push it down, then fire

I think the problem with the blunderbuss is its usefulness diminishes too quickly. The junk turret is a great example of adding a new weapon.

Maybe if the blunderbuss gets more utility added to it then it would be more useful. Since it takes up a precious belt slot, it has to have something more. Maybe it can be redesigned to be like a mortar that knocks down a group of targets....😅

I do all I can in lucky looter before I bother with any other skills tbh. Seeing as how loot is such a big part of the game now. Also since yoou have to invest heavily in a tree to get Q5 stuff its easier to just loot all of it instead.

This is, I'm sure, why they're looking at rebalancing this. They swung the pendulum a little too far, and now crafting is a clearly sub-optimal choice. There needs to be an incentive to craft that is different but similarly attractive to looting. It should be a trade-off. I think looted items should have benefits you can't get from crafting, and crafted items should have benefits you can't get from looting. If looted items can get up to tier 6, maybe crafted items get a bonus mod slot? Or higher durability? Or stats that are always at least 70% of max?

As I think someone else suggested, another tweak might be to have crafted items start at tier 2 instead of tier 1 (but still cap out at tier 5), and dial back the loot tables so that tier 6 gear really never spawns before a mid-late gamestage.

For information, there are no more cans of paint in the loot. I didn't see them at the merchant's. We need a chemistry workshop to make it, so it's rarely possible to customize the storage boxes at the beginning of the game.

And why not use dyes as an ingredient in the recipe for paint cans? We are quickly overwhelmed by these dyes and they are unsaleable ;)

He was wrong and said so later. Those things DO make heat.

Yeah I saw his post. I try and read every single post. I'm combing through the XMLs right now learning exactly how heat works, man heat is raised by a lot more things than I ever knew about. Kinda glad I'm writing this guide or else I would not be learning all this to the degree that I am. I'm excited about this as I'm sure this is going to help tons of players out in understanding the heat system. :)

Edit: here is a really interesting one I never would have imagined would raise the heat level in the chunk, players verbal audio produced upon death increases heat. Now I have an excuse to bitch at my brother for dieing all the time lmao:bi_polo:

For information, there are no more cans of paint in the loot. I didn't see them at the merchant's. We need a chemistry workshop to make it, so it's rarely possible to customize the storage boxes at the beginning of the game.

And why not use dyes as an ingredient in the recipe for paint cans? We are quickly overwhelmed by these dyes and they are unsaleable ;)

chem bench 8000 coins,. one quest gets what, 500-1500? you can do all the uest each day u can and in a day or 2 have 10k. RNG baby

oooo can you make a Pumpkin mod for the junk turret out of pumpkins that give the top part a jack o lantern instead ? :D

(At work dont mind the terrible PS skills LOL )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29738[/ATTACH]

Speaking of terrible photoshop skills, pretty sure MM politely asked you to stop using (any part of) his avatar as your own many days ago

I make an amazing pumpkin cheesecake for the holidays IRL, it would be awesome to have it in the game. Gives you improved charisma because everyone likes me when I bring it :)

Or they pretend to like you so you bring them more food...happens to me in game when I roll up the cooking tree :apathy:

I make an amazing pumpkin cheesecake for the holidays IRL, it would be awesome to have it in the game. Gives you improved charisma because everyone likes me when I bring it :)

Charisma attribute confirmed!

Will the combat involved in charisma be based on 80's dance fighting?

I feel like the weaponry should follow Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. Dance fight, throw a hat, scream and then turn into a mech.

maybe rename "heat" map to "activity" map people getting all confused making their bases in the snow biome because well you know its colder! no screamer will ever come there! and the fact that opening chests contribute to a screamer coming is all the more reason to call it the "activity" map.

so i say we call it the "activity" map!! lets go!

- - - Updated - - -

probably why I haven't seen it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

is this coming in A18 soon? or A19?

I don't even know if we refer to it at all in any texts.

A18 Halloween update.

Charisma attribute confirmed!

Will the combat involved in charisma be based on 80's dance fighting?

I feel like the weaponry should follow Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. Dance fight, throw a hat, scream and then turn into a mech.

Michael Jackson could also have a few other tricks up his sleeve, but this is neither the time nor the place to discuss them. =D

I don't even know if we refer to it at all in any texts.

A18 Halloween update.

If I remember correctly, that in game...notes I forget what its called but the tab that explains how the game works. I believe there is an entry in there explaining heat. If players read it they would not get "heat" confused with heat as in temp. Replace heat with activity and players will still get it confused. "I'm not making any activity I'm just standing here, why do screamers keep spawning" lol.

EDIT: Journal entry is what I meant.

Are you sure it's not lowering your perception because you THINK they they want you to bring it? ; - )

(You know I jest. I love pumpkin pie and I love cheesecake, just never had pumpkin cheesecake. You know that if you make it available in Amazon I would pick up at least a couple...)

It would be nice if in-game we could find a few magic beams, grow our own beanstalk, climb that beanstalk and arrive in Loot Heaven. ;)

/jk

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure it's not lowering your perception because you THINK they they want you to bring it? ; - )

Ahh, but then it would have to give him a boost under Strength in case anybody rejects it. ;) And whoever rejects it would also need a boost in Agility. ;)

Archived