Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Hey @Madmole, crew member says that he's doing quests tier 5 with 3 points into Daring Adventurer and is getting the same reward choices over and over. Working as intended?

To clarify, its the exact same rewards including stats on weapons.

Madmole,

I love the aesthetics of the torch and candle but as of right now it's counter intuitive to use a bunch of them because of heat and screamers. I'm not gonna suggest remove heat from them but make a book series or schematic to remove heat from them or recipe for "survival torches/candles" that produce no heat.

The book series could be small footprint or something and each book would remove heat from small producers and slash the amount of large producers, like forges.

For me it's an aesthetic choice. Some play throughs I'll go electric lighting, others I go for that Dracula castle feel.

Just something to consider if you want to make more schematics or books.

well tried to play again and i didnt work so ill have to wait until experimental is done!

cuz my game cant run good and i can only handle so much potato mode!

but im not going any wear ill still be stalking the forums!

which can be a good or bad thing

- - - Updated - - -

Madmole,

I love the aesthetics of the torch and candle but as of right now it's counter intuitive to use a bunch of them because of heat and screamers. I'm not gonna suggest remove heat from them but make a book series or schematic to remove heat from them or recipe for "survival torches/candles" that produce no heat.

The book series could be small footprint or something and each book would remove heat from small producers and slash the amount of large producers, like forges.

For me it's an aesthetic choice. Some play throughs I'll go electric lighting, others I go for that Dracula castle feel.

dont get me started!

new legendary weapon idea!

the pimp cane

it could be ether a melee weapon

or a shotgun!

and has some caving that list the fun pimp staff!

I bet, sometimes MadMole wants a

Guppy Cure

A kind of duct tape to silence some people.

Just kidding. I love the conversation battle between them... Sometimes really entertaining.

That is a tough one.

1) I don't want to find cans of paint in loot.

2) I don't want to use dyes, it is also limited to loot and feels weird.

3.) I wanted to make oil have more uses and chem stations.

I like it how it is except for early game like you said. Seems like tossing some in the trader would solve it, or I could allow crafting it in your backpack or campfire for a more costly recipe and its slow. Crafting half a dozen to get started would be ok doing it manually in your backpack.

Thanks for the answer and yes, campfires would be good for a looooong cooking of paints :) We just need to paint a few things... at the beginning.

Dyes will scrap to paint.

Or this ^^.

Since a few responded to me and other have posted with same issue, dug a bit deeper on missing backpack issue. To recap: After death and backpack drops on death, the backpack is not located yet backpack compass indicator is working . MM suggested using god mode, that didn't work to locate the backpack. Someone else suggested using "LE" command in console.

"LE" in console (along with god mode to get there easy) does help, but the conclusion of this deeper dive into the problem is that the backpack is not recoverable at all. In fact, the backpack appears to be moving. Screen shot in link below showing LE command.

EntityLootContainer must be the backpack. The first coordinate is the West-East coordinate, with negative number meaning West. When standing on the compass backpack icon location, that first coordinate number for the EntityLootContainer is about -1053 with the player pos first number around +360. So travel straight west to reach -1053, but can never get there because when the player WestEast coordinate(first number) reached about -800 the EntityLootContainer first number changes from -1053ish to the current visible number of -2031. And if I keep flying in god mode towards -2031 west, the EntityLootContainer will also change to be -3000 something.

conclusion, the backpack is moving somehow based on how close the player is?

Conclusion right or wrong, there is a definite bug with backpacks disappearing on single player, permanently disappears.

Original death spot (1-2 squares below current spot, this is up in the air god mode:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1889746540

Trying to reach the backpack, shows EntityLootContainer has moved if compare POS with first picture:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1889735919

@EVERYONE

I wrote a guide for understanding what heat does. If you are having trouble with managing screamers, want a better understanding of how heat works please by all means give this guide a read, its short and simple. Everyone should be able to understand it. I hope this helps anyone that needs it. :)

Heat The Complete Guide (A18)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?129149-Heat-The-Complete-Guide-(A18)&p=1036372#post1036372

Some little touches I love in A18 that set the mood.

Flies at certain Dumpsters, small thing but highlight the decay in the world. (need more flies) :)

Zombies emerging from the water (sounds fx as well) kind of a scene from a zombie film I forget the name....

This game needs more gore set about the world, like hanged zombies or heads on pikes etc....

Also as there lots of easy ways to get fresh meat, you should make it that we have to store it in coolers, (thats behind a perk or book) else it becomes rotten meat....

Madmole,

I'd be happy if the torches/candles in enclosed areas (cave, interior of windowless structure...) don't add to the heatmap since they can't be seen from where the zombies are. Now you can put dozens of torches in a retired mine and it's a crazy screamer magnet, no ongoing firewood cost. Build yourself a sniper perch a little ways away and farm the free xp as fast as you can reload. (disclaimer: I haven't, just theorizing...)

Madmole,

I like how you think. The whole fire vs electric light heat explanation is not intuitive. Maybe it's time to change it.

Archived