Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Remember - opt out in steam for latest experimental.

*having a sip of beer*

Same here concerning the beer part. I took today and tomorrow off from work for this. CST USA. For all practical purposes it's noon on a Saturday for me.

At times like this I am thankful for my 50mbps connection speed.

I can't play at work, but I can sure download it from work to play when I get home...

Today marks a RL daytime horde, all the players headed home early to veg at their computers until they pass out, then wake in the morning for a quick bit of play before their day begins. (hey, we're all gonna be sleeper zombies)

Holy snot, it downloaded all 4.5 GB while I typed this. Work has fast Internet.

Happy birthday MM!!! Glad to see you in good health in your young age.

I am very happy about the release of A18. It has been a long time coming. Thank you and your team. Take some time off, take the wife and kids on vacation. On second thought, leave the wife and kids because it is you birthdacation. In the Pimps I trust. Thanks and I am off to game, it is downloaded.

Well, thats entirely relative, to how much VRAM you have...

You arent exactly topping out 8GB VRAM with Full textures. I dont think I ever managed to get A17 to hit the upper limit. I know I could in A16..

I'm pushing over 6 GB VRAM with streaming off. I have RTX 2070 with 8 GB. Windows and other programs are always using some VRAM too, so all the VRAM is not available for games.

RWG of 8k map took 5:28 (using I7-8700K with 16GB Ram, normal harddisk)

What GPU?

I'm running RWG on my server VM (8 cores of an OG E5-2640) and it's still running. Pegging all of them and has been for about 25 minutes now, so I'm guessing GPU does some heavy lifting. I know the 8700k is a big step up, but shouldn't be THAT big.

Archived