Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

...but I'm an inquisitive person, sue me, so I like to poke at things with a stick and see what happens.

Hey You...yes you....where did you get that stick. There are no sticks in 7D's. Please drop it and leave the game immediately and report to your nearest rehabilitation center for um...rehabilitation. You are now on Double Secret Probatiion.

It's really hard to tell you anything useful there because mental health is a huge topic and people have very different ways to deal with stress/burnout.

Everyone on the team takes breaks and at least the majority of us here are workaholics.

Management is also important. If it's all one ginormous project with one goal then progress towards it is glacial and demotivating.

Divided into milestones or sub-projects it's far easier to keep the energy up because you can achieve a success once in a while.

I feel like we've been smashing it hard for quite some time, the team is amazing and all the hard work is easily noticed now when playing.

Sp. Fortitude, int build. I'll try the spear on stream. I'm not sold on the spear, yet. Joe says I'll change my mind, we will see.

Nothing beats the brutality of shredding heads with spiked knuckles. They just pop in your face at point blank range and its awesome. I should dig up my fort character if he's still breathing and clear a POI with him.

will the random encounter feature in A18 activate even if i stay at my base? sometimes i dont feel like going to the next big town to loot 3 houses and then be forced to come back cause lack of space (i know we have the 4x4 but motorbike is more versatile) but i would love it if those ♥♥♥♥ers and their moms come and challenge me big time now and then

Its A30 for all I know, or vaperware. Just a good idea atm.

@mm

"Automatic Weapons: Incendiary ammo Can craft short range explosive rounds, great for raiding buildings and doing mass damage up close."

so is there incendiary and frag rounds ? or they incendiary ammo act like frag rounds?

and will there be versions for shotguns like dragons breath , bird shot etc?

Yes INT will be my next play through, they are fun. I take them on dig quests to watch my back because some wandering horde always comes when I'm doing a simple dig quest.

You can hold the turret and fire it like a gun right? If so, I seen a old shot of one in a video and the crosshair was HUGE, did that get improved?

That is the best design pitch I've seen from any forum guy before, bravo.

FALSE.

My idea about implementing shounen ai dating simulation elements, where you transform into a train and romance other male trains, is obviously the superior idea, and also the right direction for this game.

For truly, only the hearts of male trains will carry us out of this bleak apocalypse, along the tracks of love...

Hey, we found the perfect MM translator. Snowdog, show your best plastic smile.

:cocksure:

orsey [verb] - orsey / orsey / orseing

transitive verb

Definitions:

----------------

1. discuss a point tenaciously

slang:

2. continue to discuss a post past usefulness

You forgot step 3: Return to step 1.

I have a mere 7195 hours, but at least 5k without steam turned on, so probably 12k?

3056 hours here, I didn't like a17 too much so almost all of my time in a17 was in a heavily modded game (Darkness Falls), it brought back some of the a16 systems like learn by doing and such, yes I know its not coming back officially.

A18 however looks like its going to fix a ton of the problems I had with a17, though I am not a fan of diff stats controlling different weapons. Then again the Ak47 is pretty much the best all rounder. Any chance the SMG will get a damage buff? as its pretty silly it has lower damage than the pistol, especially now that there is full auto mods that can be used in said pistol, makes the smg almost obsolete if it does not get buffed IMO.

Archived