Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

@Madmole

Before I forget, I've been wanting to tell you this. You Beepin' sucked at a 7 Days to Die the game you created,

is what I wanted to say years ago but never did lol. You have come a long way and I can say you are now a good player. Someone I would have confidence in playing on a pvp server with. A player that i know could handle him self while out looting, raiding etc. Watching your most recent videos shows you have been spending a lot more time playing your own product. The increased skill level that you show is proof of that. I have no doubts this will result in A18 being what we ALL hoped A17 was going to be. That is a game we the people, can be blow away by.

Its been years and I never stopped waiting for that update. A17 for me never really happened, for the few months I did play it...it just felt foreign. Like another game. Its been a long wait and I must say I know A18 will fullfill that wow effect that I have been waiting for. I look forward to playing I guess is what I'm trying to say. Thanks in advance for the update. ;)

I will not be posting here again for a long time but I'll still be around lurkin'. You can find me in my favorite spot on the forums from time to time. I just wanted to drop in for a few weeks and talk with you and all the other devs as well as the community again. Take care boss. :)

Tbh I think I got enough LP action from you MM. I rather me experience the rest myself. 😁

Perception build is sweetening up, I found a T3 Q5 spear and have 4 ranks and 3 mods, and its a big improvement. I think I found my T3 Q6 spiked knuckles really early so that might have skewed my thoughts on perception. Also my rifle is really punching holes in dudes now and the ammo savings is real. Perception is pretty cool in its own way, Gazz has done a great job balancing the weapons.

@Madmole

Before I forget, I've been wanting to tell you this. You Beepin' sucked at a 7 Days to Die the game you created,

is what I wanted to say years ago but never did lol. You have come a long way and I can say you are now a good player. Someone I would have confidence in playing on a pvp server with. A player that i know could handle him self while out looting, raiding etc. Watching your most recent videos shows you have been spending a lot more time playing your own product. The increased skill level that you show is proof of that. I have no doubts this will result in A18 being what we ALL hoped A17 was going to be. That is a game we the people, can be blow away by.

Its been years and I never stopped waiting for that update. A17 for me never really happened, for the few months I did play it...it just felt foreign. Like another game. Its been a long wait and I must say I know A18 will fullfill that wow effect that I have been waiting for. I look forward to playing I guess is what I'm trying to say. Thanks in advance for the update. ;)

I will not be posting here again for a long time but I'll still be around lurkin'. You can find me in my favorite spot on the forums from time to time. I just wanted to drop in for a few weeks and talk with you and all the other devs as well as the community again. Take care boss. :)

Thanks. I know I was rusty AF sometimes, and to be fair record your first 20 minutes with A18, after taking a year off or more, play a bunch of other games... and see how it goes :)

It really does take a good 60-100 hours to get it semi figured out, and I still feel like super late game is a mystery, but I want to get there to make sure its even doable. The late game testing has helped a lot for balance and challenge.

Wait, you are leaving? Its been fun having you here and I hope 18 lives up to your expectations, its blown away mine. Make sure to post your thoughts after it drops.

But that's the huge part you're missing... zombies are not a threat, because you've got them all cooped up inside... it's a big world, and there are *plenty* of ways to get the same loot, without ever having to visit a poi. But, you don't play that way, so it must not be valid, right?
They were always more of a threat inside than outside. Outdoor zombies are easy to kite or run away from, even as hordes. Much, much harder to do so from indoors or on rooftops.

Outdoor loot is usually worse, if not far more limited.

Even a casual like me gets that the outdoor solo zombies were kinda lame/ boring to deal with especially after early game. At least more focused random hordes are better in that regard. Even more so that I'm usually a game host too, so that's going to reduce lag overall while people move place to place.

They were always more of a threat inside than outside. Outdoor zombies are easy to kite or run away from, even as hordes. Much, much harder to do so from indoors or on rooftops.

Outdoor loot is usually worse, if not far more limited.

Even a casual like me gets that the outdoor solo zombies were kinda lame/ boring to deal with especially after early game. At least more focused random hordes are better in that regard. Even more so that I'm usually a game host too, so that's going to reduce lag overall while people move place to place.

10000% agreed. Normal zombies out in the wild have never been and will never be a threat, there's pretty much 0 reason to die to them. Don't understand people who want it to just be a flood of guys you have to deal with, will probably be laggy too. That's why I'm excited about the encounter system

Most game company EULA for mods state that the mod, ideas etc all become property of the game developer once you publish them. Regardless, raging zombies isn't some revolutionary thing and I've only glanced at a few mods over the years and its been 2-3 years at least since I last looked at a mod on youtube. I've never downloaded any, but as stated we could use any ideas we wanted, but ideas are a dime a dozen and freely available in 1000's of games, movies books, real life, etc.

Word! agree 100% Modders need to understand that without the CORE game being supported there would be ZERO mods. Their game is in Alpha status, albeit since 2013 but still its not finished and the last thing they are going to do is work of some nerds mod that they cooked up in their mom's basement. EULAs are specifically written so that way modders can't take over the devs game.

I could swear I tried that when the stick push thing happened. I gave up using my XBox controller cuz I hated it so much. Maybe the Steam game interface has gotten some improvements since I last tried so I will try again. Thanks Zaroff.

in the steam controller settings you can map the buttons. its hard to say i trust your nerd level at or above mine so you should be able to figure it out. GL on A18!!!

Word! agree 100% Modders need to understand that without the CORE game being supported there would be ZERO mods. Their game is in Alpha status, albeit since 2013 but still its not finished and the last thing they are going to do is work of some nerds mod that they cooked up in their mom's basement. EULAs are specifically written so that way modders can't take over the devs game.

No need to be rude, I know I wasnt and neither was MM in his responses. Not all modders are nerds. And I think MM definitely breaks the stereotype of a typical dev. Labels suck, so stop using them.

woah...when did "nerd" become a pejorative around here? We are on a forum for a zombie survival game for crying out loud. Our rage is nerd rage. We are nerds. Don't kid yourself that you can point at modders and say they are nerds because there are others pointing at you and saying you are a nerd. And they are right. We are all nerds.

As for living in Mom's basement....everyone is at a different stage on their path to self-reliance... :)

Archived