Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

My bad thought this was 7 days to die forum, not all zombie video games forum.

Coz im talking bout whats been done in this game, yeah.

Obviously rage zombies aren’t new.

But they ARE new to 7 days and add an interesting element to gameplay. You can actually try them out at the moment just download RH.

Or wait for alpha 18...

You see my point yet?

whats happening? Now I'm confused..... what? What was my arguement? I asked a question, did not even make a statement. *puzzled look*

EDIT: also what does PD stand for?

PD was supposed to be PC. I corrected - just as you were posting this obviously!

As a direct response to your question, no, the PC did not kill Halo.

(It's easy enough to Google why...)

But they ARE new to 7 days and add an interesting element to gameplay. You can actually try them out at the moment just download RH.

Or wait for alpha 18...

You see my point yet?

No, what is your point? That while they were overhauling half the game a modder was able to add something before they were, as if they have an infinite number of programmers? A modder will always be able to "beat" a dev to it because of the millions of ideas in existence, a modder can choose any one of them before a dev can implement all of them

PD was supposed to be PC. I corrected - just as you were posting this obviously!

As a direct response to your question, no, the PC did not kill Halo.

(It's easy enough to Google why...)

oh I'm not having this debate with you. I do not care enough about controller vs keyboard and mouse to waste time on sorry or anything halo related lol. :)

Edit: also I thought maybe PD stood for personal device fyi thats why i asked.

Or wait for alpha 18...

You see my point yet?

Okay so Jax stole them from another game, therefore he should get credit from that? I don't understand why that's his copyrighted feature in RH. It's still not a very impressive feature as all they do is speed up and possibly do more damage. Even then to claim Madmole "stole" that from RH, and yet, you said he doesn't play mods? Lol, you contradict yourself so much.

Ha ha, thanks! Something I just came up with on the spot lol. And sure, feel free to use it!

You may have just come up with it but it's also been proven with brain scans.

Anger causes adrenaline which causes the fight-or-flight response. One symptom of flight-or-flight is the shut-down of the prefrontal cortex which is where we add logic and reason to our thoughts. This is done to increase reaction time by ignoring parts of the brain that probably aren't going to be of any use if you're in immediate danger.

Long story short, people are generally incapable of logical and reasoned arguments when angry, often resorting to emotional responses instead.

Or wait for alpha 18...

You see my point yet?

I seriously don't. Have you played all overhaul mods? I have. Are you saying that TFP can't add anything to their base game that hasn't already been done in a mod? And, why did you use 'steal'?

Do you know how many time posters here have posted 'their' ideas for something that's already in a mod? It happens EVERY DAY. I'll wager that zombie 'raging' has been discussed a few times previously.

So, maybe someone at TFP made a mental note of that discussion and decided to incorporate something someone said on the forums - as opposed to 'stealing' it from a mod.

(Btw - I strongly suspect that what probably happened was that a few people had a few discussions about what they could do to beef up zombie behavior if they were to reduce zombie numbers. Using coding/features/unity concepts, etc.)

What I believe is that there is no absolute. Some games/apps are better with a keyboard/mouse and some are better with a controller. (Because of coding, response, etc.) I can easily ADAPT and do either.

one of the best things about the controller is the auto tunnel feature. with the judicious application of a rubber band or two, you can start mining a tunnel at bedrock, put the controller down and grab a coffee or go to the bog or whatever, and unless the pick breaks.

one of the best things about the controller is the auto tunnel feature. with the judicious application of a rubber band or two, you can start mining a tunnel at bedrock, put the controller down and grab a coffee or go to the bog or whatever, and unless the pick breaks.

I used to do that on ps4 lol it was great.

Wow.

My point is, while the lead dev talks ♥♥♥♥ about mods, he then implements something from arguably the most popular 7 days mod there is at the moment.

Have you played RH?

Pretty self explanatory but I probably waffled on a bit in my op.

Wow.

My point is, while the lead dev talks ♥♥♥♥ about mods, he then implements something from arguably the most popular 7 days mod there is at the moment.

Have you played RH?

can you show me where the devs talked ♥♥♥♥ about mods please?

Wow.

Have you played RH?

The point is the idea is not FROM the mod, it's just IN the mod. The idea existed long before RH ever existed, it wasn't an original idea nor was it invented by RH.

Wow.

Have you played RH?

He wasn't talking ♥♥♥♥ about mods, he's just tired of hearing modders claim how great their mods are. Truth is, most mods here are kind of lackluster.

@ MM

I, P_O_Man3849, of (kinda) sound mind and body, hereby request TFP to initiate a daily post count, per person (per IP address) limit on the 7D2D forums.

I have increased my daily intake of carrots (and beer) trying to keep up with the progress of A18, but I cannot hold out much longer! I think I need glasses and a therapist...

I think if there was a message to each person saying "you only have 4 posts remaining today, use them wisely" it might help.

Sound like a good idea?

He wasn't talking ♥♥♥♥ about mods, he's just tired of hearing modders claim how great their mods are. Truth is, most mods here are kind of lackluster.

See the trick is not to argue with him, instead just ask him to present the evidence backing up his accusation. ;)

EDIT: 21 minutes it lasted.

EDIT 2: Observation note that the overall positive change within in the atmosphere seems to remain though.

EDIT 3: As the old saying goes "Death and life are in the power of the tongue". See we can set fires or douse flames with it. I hope you understand what i have shown you here. :02.47-tranquillity:

Sometimes there is a message within a message hidden beneath the surface

Let those with understanding see

A future alpha should bring a very scary wasteland.

But then you need to stop spawning new player in wasteland. I know it is spawn box can be placed, but at least navegame or default RWG shouldn't do that. It will be unfair to that player in server world.

Oeehh.. somebody's getting a year older? Any wishes for presents? A rock, perhaps?

That unhappy day was already a month ago. The happier part is on Friday. I wished for typical scavening stuff for presents, Can of Tuna or Can of Pears preferably with best-before date less than 10 years old. Or anything else you could find in 7D2D.

Come to think of it, that includes small stones !

Archived