Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

He wasn't talking ♥♥♥♥ about mods, he's just tired of hearing modders claim how great their mods are. Truth is, most mods here are kind of lackluster.

Ok.

1. This isnt the place to discuss my mod or any mods really.

2. I dont think my mod is awesome at all. Im actually very critical of my own work. Also I wouldn't even BE modding if it weren't for Pimps and my love for this game. As much as I may disagree on some stuff I will always respect the fact its their game, and I am thankful they allow the modding that they do. Joel has been my inspiration for modding and now he is my inspiration for developing an actual game. Without Pimps and him I dont exist in this community and thats fact.

3. The Rage Zombies were initially a Guppy Creation. I tweaked them to suit Ravenhearst needs. So I credit them to Guppy. Stompy also had ragers a long time ago. They are indeed not an original idea. I FULLY support devs embracing modder ideas. I never consider it stealing because it is their code and their game first and foremost. There have been a lot of ideas in mods past and present that crept their way into the base game and more power to this. If it strengthens the base game they can have all of it.

So please I ask not to argue using my mod as an example. I thank you for the kind words and acknowledgment, it is very much appreciated. But my mod is supposed to be seen as a compliment to the vanilla game, not a rebellion against it.

Ok.

1. This isnt the place to discuss my mod or any mods really.

2. I dont think my mod is awesome at all. Im actually very critical of my own work. Also I wouldn't even BE modding if it weren't for Pimps and my love for this game. As much as I may disagree on some stuff I will always respect the fact its their game, and I am thankful they allow the modding that they do. Joel has been my inspiration for modding and now he is my inspiration for developing an actual game. Without Pimps and him I dont exist in this community and thats fact.

3. The Rage Zombies were initially a Guppy Creation. I tweaked them to suit Ravenhearst needs. So I credit them to Guppy. Stompy also had ragers a long time ago. They are indeed not an original idea. I FULLY support devs embracing modder ideas. I never consider it stealing because it is their code and their game first and foremost. There have been a lot of ideas in mods past and present that crept their way into the base game and more power to this. If it strengthens the base game they can have all of it.

So please I ask not to argue using my mod as an example. I thank you for the kind words and acknowledgment, it is very much appreciated. But my mod is supposed to be seen as a compliment to the vanilla game, not a rebellion against it.

Oh hey Jax, sorry, didn't mean to get you into this. I didn't mean that you claim your mod is great, it was more a of a general thing.

I FULLY support devs embracing modder ideas. I never consider it stealing because it is their code and their game first and foremost. There have been a lot of ideas in mods past and present that crept their way into the base game and more power to this. If it strengthens the base game they can have all of it.

This is very wholesome, thank you for all the work you've done for the community Jax. I am a huge proponent of devs making the best game they can and modders tweaking or even overhauling it to suit individual needs, I think that's when a game and its community really thrives

Wow, Gupps a peasant now.

I can’t keep coming back to this thread, as much as I love this game I just can’t deal with MM’s hugely over inflated ego.

Guarantee you Gupps has more hours in YOUR game than you. Hell you said it yourself, you didn’t play a13 -17, surely there is some merit or value to his opinions at this point?

This goes for Jax too. Any good dev would try the mods that are out there for their own game, if for anything to see what improvements could be made. But you choose to insult the people who have been fixing your game for you for years and giving it the replay ability you are only just touching on in 18. (Fataal’s played RH, whats your excuse MM?)

Also fyi I’m not one of the “2 fans” that play RH, too micro managey for my taste. But Jax beat you to random rage zombies, so good luck convincing me you didn’t steal it from his mod.

You’d never admit that tho, coz its YOUR game.

For real dude you need to relax, or just get off the forums. Calling your fans peasants for questioning your development decisions makes me feel sorry for you.

(And defeats the purpose of having a forum to discuss in the first place, lets talk ufc instead?)

Must get tiring swinging ya big ♥♥♥♥ around all day in others faces. Hey, at least you can rest it on your $10,000 couch.

Sorry for how harsh that was, but you can be a real douchebag to your fans.

I stomp on crappy ideas for the good of the game and to help some of you aspiring modders maybe become a professional one day. I was messing with Guppy and rib everyone non stop if you know me, so if someone is going to lay a turd of an idea I'm not going to let them live it down, especially one as outspoken as Guppy.

Oh so now we're stealing ideas from modders? First of all I've given credit when good ideas come up. Secondly we implemented zombies that could run in dark spaces in alpha 1, and added all kinds of "run" options to the game. I actually approached Faatal and wanted a dead rising type lunge animation (we have some laying around) hooked up, and he thought of the rage idea because it was easy and I said sure lets try it, and it came out great.

ANyhow I was just giving him some crap don't take any of it serious, but for the record his idea was really bad and he was picking apart something I spent some hours researching. I don't just pull recipes out of my ass, I read about how things are made IRL and try to abstract something plausible for everything. For someone to come in and say what he did was insulting.

Its people like you that will make me not come here who never post, don't really know men and you guys can pat each other on the back about how great your ideas are but none of them will make it into the game. I'd rather be harsh and truthful and explain why something is a bad idea so others can learn and maybe suggest a good one, than be some fake ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ who says "Thats a good idea, we'll consider it" and be a total liar.

I'd have never been harsh (all in good fun) if he'd have let it go, but lately he's in full Orsey mode and I don't want to listen to it.

I've tried several wireless keyboards over the years, and they all have the same problem... reliable range after 6 feet or so.

Use a looong usb cable (16 feet is ok by the standard) for the receiving dongle to bridge most of the distance. Maybe you can even put it on the ceiling upside down.

BirdNerd

When were rage zombies (who rage when taking damage) ever a part of this game?

Think you misunderstand rage zombie pal, im talking within context of 7 days. Not rage zombies from 28 days later.

So yeah they were in RH before vanilla, idiot.

Keep calling people idiots and you won't be around to enjoy my company much longer.

Ha ha, thanks! Something I just came up with on the spot lol. And sure, feel free to use it!

In my Peter Griffin voice: And the bird nerd bird, the bird is the word, and the bird nerd bird, the bird is the word. Don't you know about the bird? lol

We're recording some temp unprofessional stuff for her, so don't judge too harsh.

Cool, Make her nice though. Not like Rekt. Make her to sexy though and the guys will be humping air outside the counter. Not to many ladies in the wasteland you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it Rachel (pocketninja) who's doing the trader Jen voice, as I suggested a long time ago?

That would make sense. That is his step daughter....ish.

Speaking of that, is her mom the inspiration for the zombie cheerleader?

Sure looks like her.

I called him an idiot in retaliation to his insult, so seems fair to me?

I apologize for the harsh words MM but it’s difficult to tell if you’re serious or not when you call someone a peasant and tell them to meet you at e3 with their own game. I understand it must be frustrating when people haven’t played a18 to gauge anything off.

I’m just trying to fight the good fight with Guppy, a zombie game doesn’t need less zombies in the world.

I know you have random encounters planned but I can’t help but feel thats at least a year off.

Again, sorry for my anger but I am one of those passionate ♥♥♥♥ ones who kickstarted this game, and all the fallout, rpg and less zeds talk worries me.

Archived