Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Ok you got me hyped cause the whole "I need everything, but what is first" is something me and every single person I played with in A17 was annoyed about.

how many of these 20 new weapons can we see on dev videos? is there a list available?

It's on the 1st post of this thread.

New Weapons and items:

Lockpicks

Baseball Bat

Grenade

Brass Knuckles

Spiked Knuckles

Primitive Spear

Iron Spear

Steel Spear

Wooden Bat

Steel Bat

Stone Sledgehammer

Steel Sledgehammer

M60 Heavy Machine Gun:M60 Heavy Machine Gun and Ghillie Suit

Double Barrel Shotgun

Timed Charge: C4 Concept art

Taser Baton: https://twitter.com/joelhuenink/stat...74524536520704

Junk Turret: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7NIttxU...jpg&name=large

Frag Grenades

Impact Grenades

Sticky Grendades

question for everyone

do you rather build your own base? or move into a poi and upgrade it?

I rather build my own base, although i don't mind using a POI early in the game, if i choose to play with PoI's at all.

My goal is normally to build a base/fortress for sustained living in the aftermath of the apocalypse. With that done, i feel like i solved my character's initial problem of survival long term , and i usually quit soon after i reached that goal.

Fighting zombies and looting gets old pretty fast, and seeing feature after feature that I enjoyed once upon a time getting removed or becoming obsolete in the favor of more guns and more fighting is a bit sad. I just like to build and create more then i like destroying and killing. And the developers goal appears to be the latter , so, IDK why i'm still here.

I rather build my own base, although i don't mind using a POI early in the game, if i choose to play with PoI's at all.

My goal is normally to build a base/fortress for sustained living in the aftermath of the apocalypse. With that done, i feel like i solved my character's initial problem of survival long term , and i usually quit soon after i reached that goal.

Fighting zombies and looting gets old pretty fast, and seeing feature after feature that I enjoyed once upon a time getting removed or becoming obsolete in the favor of more guns and more fighting is a bit sad. I just like to build and create more then i like destroying and killing. And the developers goal appears to be the latter , so, IDK why i'm still here.

Maybe to see if you can still survive with all the new changes? I know that's a big part of it for many. See if you can over come all the new challenges (and tweaked old ones) and give a middle finger to the apocalypse in our impenetrable fortresses.

BAH the impatience is real boys!

But for real, can't wait for A18. Took a break from looking at updates as I didn't want to anger myself anymore lol.

Got back into the Forums... Now im feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve.... can't friggen wait any longer.

But for real, whats everybodys favorite change in A18 that is forecast?

BAH the impatience is real boys!

But for real, can't wait for A18. Took a break from looking at updates as I didn't want to anger myself anymore lol.

Got back into the Forums... Now im feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve.... can't friggen wait any longer.

not a change. a fix to RWG

No. There is no simple code fix for that. Spawn points do not have a history of you saw inside it a moment ago, so I can't spawn there now, nor do they check when you are outside a sleeper volume. Spawn visibility checks are not cheap, so they are done over time and only when you get near a sleeper volume. Possibly when you damage inside the volume it could spawn. Designers could move up the top of the volume or maybe group it with the up stairs, but sometimes that leads of other behaviors they don't want.

Maybe then it’s just worth removing this cabinet or closing it with a wall or something else? Or can it be turned to the window so that the player cannot see the inside when upstairs?

XP for trap kills, no question. After day 7 all I do is base building while my friends do looting so being able to get easy xp while staying in the base is great. I can't stress how much I like this addition to the game. Finally a win for us househusbands.

I'd like to do a set of books on brawling that enhance the brawler build.

If there are playstyle books can you put them in the traders inventory so it’s not left to chance to get the book you need for your build? If you don’t have luck looting what you want you could always work towards buying it before you get useless books that don’t complement your build.

XP for trap kills, no question. After day 7 all I do is base building while my friends do looting so being able to get easy xp while staying in the base is great. I can't stress how much I like this addition to the game. Finally a win for us househusbands.

househusbands LMFAO. good one

- - - Updated - - -

If there are play style books can you put them in the traders inventory so it’s not left to chance to get the book you need for your build? If you donآ’t have luck looting what you want you could always work towards buying it before you get useless books that donآ’t complement your build.

saaay what. that kinda defeats the whole purpose of looting 2.0

Archived