Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

If there are playstyle books can you put them in the traders inventory so it’s not left to chance to get the book you need for your build? If you don’t have luck looting what you want you could always work towards buying it before you get useless books that don’t complement your build.

There are books and schematics for sale at traders. I hit every trader I know of on reset day looking for these.

We'd love to have more zombies, but we'd have to throw away digging terrain, destroyable worlds, and all the dynamic emergent fun our game has just for that one thing. Its a lot easier to add more zombies when your meshes are built (like a whole hose plopped down with welded verts, basic collision, pre computed lighting, pre computed navigation mesh, etc. Anyhow, I think its what separates us from the games you mentioned.

that sucks. cuz more zombies are always good. plus it kinda drives me crazy when i see like 5 of the same zombies(with some exceptions like feral)

I know thats why i said when it reset it deleted all grass. never spawning anymore in...seems like a bug.

I fully understand how the quest, poi reset works. Thanks anyways :)

To be precise after the POI reset there is 0 grass....that seems like a bug or else it will make the game world look ugly af.

Yes there should be some grass. Good catch!

We'd love to have more zombies, but we'd have to throw away digging terrain, destroyable worlds, and all the dynamic emergent fun our game has just for that one thing. Its a lot easier to add more zombies when your meshes are built (like a whole hose plopped down with welded verts, basic collision, pre computed lighting, pre computed navigation mesh, etc. Anyhow, I think its what separates us from the games you mentioned.

Alot of guys give you ♥♥♥♥ (not jax specifically) for zombie stuff (i.e. count, ai, etc.) but at the end of the day no one has a game package like 7d2d.

Edit: there seems to be a thousand unreal engine survival games now all with static terrain and snap together building that look all the same. You guys keep doing you. 👍

Hey all.

Just a quick question. Can we get a permadeath mode in the near future? That will definitely be hardcore to play!

Salut!

Well ... you can correct the hml a bit (not sure), and after respawn, apply bleeding, poisoning, fracture, stunning, infection to the character ... in general, all the negative effects ... I think it will be very similar to permanent death)

Can anyone tell me what 'turret syndrome' perk does? From the intellect build?

This perk allows you to build the junk turrets. The higher the level in this perk, the higher the quality and fire rate of the junk turrets. At the highest level you can use up to 3 of these turrets at the same time.

Edit: there seems to be a thousand unreal engine survival games now all with static terrain and snap together building that look all the same. You guys keep doing you. 👍

Laz Man is very correct here. I've played since A12 and have mostly been a forum lurker all this time. 7DTD is unique in the pantheon of games. I experiment with those others while I'm in between Alphas, but keep coming back because this game has got something special.

Even this thread itself has been an interesting study in what happens when people who continue to mostly love each phase of the game's evolution consume each other with impatience. Looking forward to A18 and I hope TFP are able to continue to maintain their unique approach into the future.

(Seriously, though, if that kraken doesn't break free when *advertised* I think all the inter webs will melt down.)

Nice.

A few observations.

1: Thank you for unlocking the doors to the trailers. I rarely bothered with them because it was too much of a pain to beat down those iron doors for the 2-3 lootable items that might be inside.

2: Have the toilets been 'fixed' so you are not going to be finding guns in them any more? :)

3: Was there an adjustment to the numbers of zombies spawning in POIs? I did that same house not long ago at about level 20 and encountered 2 to 3 times as many zombies as you did. Also usually the trailers when I would mess with them also had multliple zombies in each as opposed to 1 per like you saw.

Thanks

Like you said, this looks like an issue with volume placement.

In A18 designers could link a 2nd volume to more accurately trigger the first one... but TBH at this time we're in no way interested in A17 prefab bugs. Too much has changed and it would only be a waste of time.

Joel does design, I do spreadsheets and technical design.

Oh I thought me meant when I play do I map out what perks I want and in what order on a spreadsheet. I don't do that, but I design it all in confluence and use tables, etc.

Archived