Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Gazz & Madmole, it is really not just a farming issue. It happens anytime you place a block flush with the ground. Now I agree it is not a must fix bug for 18 or even 19 for that matter, but I do not think it is appropriate either for the developers to react the way you have. It should be as simple as adding a function call when placing a block to check the adjacent tiles and adjust density where necessary. Aesthetically this should be fixed prior to shipping. Perhaps everyone is overworked this close to dropping 18 which is understandable, but please believe we all just want to help improve the game and not harass you.

I'm certain it is not simple, or it would have happened already. They know the issue exists, and I believe they've attempted a number of solutions if I recall prior conversations, but have yet to settle on an elegant solution that doesn't cause more issues or at a too-high of a cost.

But I do understand the frustration that the issue still exists as well as how we perceive their responses from a user perspective. We're not dealing with fake-smile front end customer service, we're interfacing directly with tired, circumstantially jaded developers who have stared at this game for years.

Ideal? No, but we love the game and you are right we want it to be the best it can be.

I feel the same way about the "block-terrain trench", as well having to change our ways in order to get around it when we farm. For now, we go above-ground or place some cosmetic plates or sheets around the circumference of the in-ground farm. It sucks, and I will continue to hope a solution is found when more critical development has been done.

Anyway, those are my unsolicited two-dukes on the subject :)

how much damage will the demolisher do to the player or is it insta kill

a fortnite avatar? well from what I saw madmole had like lots of health and good armour so say you encounter this guy when you are lvl 60 so you have 161 and you get unlucky with armour and he explodes right next to you so you will probs die instantly

B) Takes away value from the ability to craft better items by adding points to intellect (why bother with crafting if i can get better stuff looting)

[about looting POIs full of radiated] there is simply no motivation to do it, i can gear up much faster crafting and selling to trader and buying what i need from them wich oversimplifies the experience a lot,

For me this looks a little bit contradictory. If you can craft and buy everything there is no motivation for scavenging, but then the question "why bother with crafting" answers itself. If you can't craft and buy everything then there is no alternative to raiding POIs.

In A17 my experience is that a SP player will have to rely a lot on scavenging, while in co-op MP scavenging gets irrelevant very fast and the crafter in the group supplies anything the group could want completely after the second week.

We will see how it works in A18, but it seems that crafting will not invalidate scavening and crafting (of items with quality) might have value in early and mid game. The big unknown is whether the trader will be OP or not, because he is equivalent to a BIG loot box that resets every 3 days. Balancing him isn't that big of a problem per se, but I suspect a game will be hugely different depending on how many traders you have access to.

No. I am talking about actual bugs. Big AAA games will have 100s if not 1000s of bugs reported in the months leading up to release. I can guarantee you that some of those bugs are never fixed. Out of the 77 tasks assigned to me currently, some of those bugs are easily in the we can ship with it category.

Features are separate and they too are generally never all added to a game. A team will easily come up with dozens of features that will make their game great and they will always cut some of them by the end.

77 thats it.....slacker ...get to work!!

Coughs * Release the Kraken * Coughs

For me this looks a little bit contradictory. If you can craft and buy everything there is no motivation for scavenging, but then the question "why bother with crafting" answers itself. If you can't craft and buy everything then there is no alternative to raiding POIs.

In A17 my experience is that a SP player will have to rely a lot on scavenging, while in co-op MP scavenging gets irrelevant very fast and the crafter in the group supplies anything the group could want completely after the second week.

We will see how it works in A18, but it seems that crafting will not invalidate scavening and crafting (of items with quality) might have value in early and mid game. The big unknown is whether the trader will be OP or not, because he is equivalent to a BIG loot box that resets every 3 days. Balancing him isn't that big of a problem per se, but I suspect a game will be hugely different depending on how many traders you have access to.

your exactly right: if a player doesnt have to travel to obtain items to survive it really does hurt the survival aspect of the game. To many players a17 found all their luxurys without having to travel to do so. Bring back calipers! Used to players would have to travel to many spots of the map to try and locate one.

your exactly right: if a player doesnt have to travel to obtain items to survive it really does hurt the survival aspect of the game. To many players a17 found all their luxurys without having to travel to do so. Bring back calipers! Used to players would have to travel to many spots of the map to try and locate one.

Hopefully since some abilities can be obtained via book or perk, it's a better play experience this time around. Seems like a nice middle ground so players dont have to rely purely on rng to find a key ability.

srry I change that. if i encounter a demolisher I would avoid it if I cant avoid it I go commando with it

Why would you take the time to remove your underwear? Why dont you just fight....unless you made a mess in them...then I would understand...nobody likes to fight with dirty underwear...isnt that what Moms said?

Ok imagine a low end Behemoth that can spawn around day 20 or 27

and this zombie is like the mini behemoth he can only get through a 3 by 3 frame, he can puke in a hose like fashion where it sprays everywhere.

he do a slam to the ground.

and can knock you back and can cause Blunt force trauma

head shots are kind effective but this head comes off in pieces

so the best way to kill him is breaking his legs.

and he looks like his

and he a fat bastard

url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiksvy-mvHkAhULSa0KHSSmCD0QjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnews.xbox.com%2Fen-us%2F2019%2F06%2F09%2Fe3-2019-state-of-decay-2s-new-story-based-adventure-heartland-launches-today%2F&psig=AOvVaw0frYBwQ_hrU7XUPwkBd3r8&ust=1569680714006505

also tell me if you can see a image

Archived