NEW ZOMBIE TEXTURES - Mumpfy

Mumpfy

i have a small lag when i spawn them from the menu by hand, on the first one only, and its just a cople of seconds. not if i ran into them in game, and so far has not crashed ever. i though it was my potato computer. idk if someone else had that issue also.

You can count me in on that too. Finally got a chance to give these a look and they are fantastic but indeed on the first spawn my screen locked up for a few seconds, probably 5 or more.

Never had any freezes with UMA once i did the texture trick so Im assuming its probably the initial load up of the asset file. Also I have a potato, like the king of potatoes lol. But considering I modded RH on it including the custom zeds I made with no freezes like that I just wanted to mention it just in case other do report it.

Running my game with no reflections, half texture quality and lowest UMA.

You can count me in on that too. Finally got a chance to give these a look and they are fantastic but indeed on the first spawn my screen locked up for a few seconds, probably 5 or more.

Never had any freezes with UMA once i did the texture trick so Im assuming its probably the initial load up of the asset file. Also I have a potato, like the king of potatoes lol. But considering I modded RH on it including the custom zeds I made with no freezes like that I just wanted to mention it just in case other do report it.

Yeh I think this'll be an issue with this pack... it's not too bad when it FIRST happens, but when the garbage collector removes the textures from memory, a horde spawns around you in a poi and it does this, that'll suck.

Will definitely have to play around and see.

sorry but there should be an explanation or some kind of info to direct people where to place the folder, i assumed since most mods are modlets and that there is nothing said in the OP that the folder goes in the mods folder where the exe is located, so i tried this with both versions of the mod, dark and brighter, and both times the console popped up with red warnings and errors.

If this is NOT a modlet that can simply just be dropped in the mods folder then please explain so as i see no information regarding this in the OP, thanks.

its a modlet, you just drop it in the mod folder, but you cant use both, you have to use one or the other, i said that somewhere. sry.

- - - Updated - - -

ok i did a new set of textures that are more bright than the other ones, we are currently testing it to see if all works fine and will be uploaded next to the other link once we are ok. so you basically choose to use one or the other set, same stuff just brightness adjusted for the people that was having issues with that.

sorry but there should be an explanation or some kind of info to direct people where to place the folder, i assumed since most mods are modlets and that there is nothing said in the OP that the folder goes in the mods folder where the exe is located, so i tried this with both versions of the mod, dark and brighter, and both times the console popped up with red warnings and errors.

If this is NOT a modlet that can simply just be dropped in the mods folder then please explain so as i see no information regarding this in the OP, thanks.

Are you on pc or mac? His mod comes packaged with both versions. If you are on pc, ignore the one folder that says macosx and just move the folder that says mumtexturesbright or mumtexturesdark to the mod folder. Also, make sure that you don't have a mumtexture folder in a mumtexture folder. It should look like 7 days to die folder > mod folder > mumtexturesbright folder > config, resource folders and modinfo.xml

im not sure how many uma zombies you tested before this are quite a bunch, about 60 some... may be a way to take down the file size if that helps ill try it. also this new way of making them i think has not been tested much so is good to check all this feedback. i could also break the pack in 2 parts since there is 2 options of each zed. thanks. we'll look into it.

- - - Updated - - -

i have a couple of mods but nothing that conflicts with textures of the zombies though.

here is the log.

https://pastebin.com/BSAHPrrb

are you using it in a server? i have no idea about this, i just read that loaded the mod, so no clue. i think guppy tried it in a server and worked. you wont get any help from me on this i just have no clue at all, hopfully someone else here can see whats wrong. also did you tried it in a regular game? not a server?

Link uploaded just now, its the brighter texture pack, zeds look just like before, the only change is how the file is done in order to improve performance and avoid the lag reported when spawning or encountering them. i sitll havent made the darker version pack, idk if someone prefers that one or everyone who is using this just uses brighter pack.

if someone tests this new pack please let me know if there was improvement. thanks.

Link uploaded just now, its the brighter texture pack, zeds look just like before, the only change is how the file is done in order to improve performance and avoid the lag reported when spawning or encountering them. i sitll havent made the darker version pack, idk if someone prefers that one or everyone who is using this just uses brighter pack.

if someone tests this new pack please let me know if there was improvement. thanks.

Been running with this updated version on a17.1 b8 for about 35 mins and so far so good , no 5 second freeze outs like before :) , I get little stutters every now and again but I dont think thats to do with your texture modlet more of a strange thing ive noticed on the 17.1 b8 even without any mods installed at all :(

Hopefully others can confirm as well if they are having issues but for me all seems good

PS : Personally I prefer the darker texture version , if i am the only one then no problem I can live with the brighter pack.

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Forgot a bit (see edit history)

i have a couple of mods but nothing that conflicts with textures of the zombies though.

here is the log.

https://pastebin.com/BSAHPrrb

This is a client-side modlet. Servers currently only push XML files from modlets, they DO NOT push resources to clients, and new resources is the entire point of this modlet.

I think it will work if the client (everyone who connects to the server) has the modlet installed locally as well, but I can't confirm that as I don't run a dedicated server.

I had the earlier darker pack installed, and rat crapped out on me and needed reinstalling. I removed the texture mod from the server system, and the zombies broke, not seeing me in game.

I'm not sure if the world went corrupt with the rat issue, or if removing the texture pack modlet caused the issue.

I'm rerolling a new world right now without the texture pack installed on the server system, but with it installed on a client to see if there is any issue. I'll report whatever happens either way.

MASSIVE Improvement Mumpfy, thank you very much.

As stated previously, I was getting 5-10s of lag when first encountering a zombie (often leading to 7d2d crashing). I've been playing with this new pack for about an hour and no issues whatsoever.

Thanks again for the great work.

P.S. The brighter texture pack looks great to me.