NEW ZOMBIE TEXTURES - Mumpfy

Mumpfy

22 hours ago, nickuk01 said:

Hey Mumpfy getting following red error using new stable alpha19.1 when starting game:-

"guppyParticleRadiationExposure.unity3d" failed to load.

In HD_Mumpfyskins1/Resources file

Don't know if due to latest stable update or not.

i dont know what that is about, when i tested they were working. idk if someone else had that issue. try again maybe?

xynth, unfortunately it doesn't seem that changing Mass to 120 nor PhysicsBody to zombieStandardFemale makes the looseygoose ragdoll go away. it'd be awesome to see this tweaked, but in the end it doesn't impact the actual gameplay and the new zeds are still functioning fine in all other regards. i'm appreciative of your work regardless. 👍  PS. i did also noticed no footstep sounds. is this a similar things like with the creature pack zombies mod?

mumpfy, just so you know i have your new zombie textures (set 1 and set 2) on a dedicated server i play on with my bros and a few friends. we all love those textures.. which give the vanilla zeds the much needed variety. i got xyth's creature pack mod in there too. i even have your A18 Darker Color Set mod installed ... and having a blast commenting out more and more of the conflicting XML that correspond to the new A19 zombies as TFP releases them lol. completely understand if it's going to be a while until your next update.

Myself and my buddies are loving every bit of these modified zeds. Agree with a user above, this mod adds the much needed variety to the game. 

I also did get a red error when loading both sets. I believe my fix was removing one of the buff xmls. Pretty sure both mod sets were trying to add the same thing and the game was throwing a duplication error. Working 100% now. Love love love this mod 

Edited by Styx7x (see edit history)

8 hours ago, errornull said:

xynth, unfortunately it doesn't seem that changing Mass to 120 nor PhysicsBody to zombieStandardFemale makes the looseygoose ragdoll go away. it'd be awesome to see this tweaked, but in the end it doesn't impact the actual gameplay and the new zeds are still functioning fine in all other regards. i'm appreciative of your work regardless. 👍  PS. i did also noticed no footstep sounds. is this a similar things like with the creature pack zombies mod?

Footsteps require a script on the character which we can't use (yet) so no custom entity, rebuilt or new, would have footsteps in game without added code.  The Sphereii core does add footstep sounds on these characters.

I absolutely love this mod, more skins for the wins.

I fired up A15 the other day and realised I kinda miss the old zombieskin looks thats been totally replaced .

had any thoughts on basing 'new' zombieskins based on those ?

like marlene and darlene, zombiesteve, Moe (that for some reason I always thought looked like a bus driver) and the other lot.

Especially the burnvictim that I think looked waaay creepier before they redid the skin.

Also maybe the "old" businessman, zombie biker, stripper  and hungry female skins just to get even more variety?

Edited by -Holo- (see edit history)

i didnt even played a15 so i dont know those old models and to be honest im not really interested in making extra skins atm, im moding other stuff. i WILL most probably finish up all the new HD zeds once they release more, so far there is only 2 models i didnt make, new stripper and bussiness man, but ill wait for more to be released to make a pack probably if xyth is also up to it.

Ah, I see! Fairenough :)

Gonna have to dabble in how to export and import assets from earlier alphas, I really want to get some of the old sounds back :D

And that main music theme from A...8? I think. Mmmmm!

Oh. I made a Localizationfile if you'd want for the zombiepack 1

Key,Source,Context,English
zombieArleneV1,entityclasses,Entity,Putrid Girl
zombieArleneV2,entityclasses,Entity,Putrid Girl
zombieArleneV3,entityclasses,Entity,Putrid Girl
zombieArleneV4,entityclasses,Entity,Putrid Girl
zombieArleneRadiatedV1,entityclasses,Entity,Radiated Putrid Girl
zombieArleneFeralV1,entityclasses,Entity,Feral Putrid Girl
zombieBoeV1,entityclasses,Entity,Infected Survivor
zombieBoeV2,entityclasses,Entity,Infected Survivor
zombieBoeV3,entityclasses,Entity,Infected Survivor
zombieBoeV4,entityclasses,Entity,Infected Survivor
zombieBoeRadiatedV1,entityclasses,Entity,Radiated Infected Survivor
zombieBoeFeralV1,entityclasses,Entity,Feral Infected Survivor
zombieSteveCrawlerV1,entityclasses,Entity,Crawler
zombieSteveCrawlerV2,entityclasses,Entity,Crawler
zombieSteveCrawlerV3,entityclasses,Entity,Crawler
zombieSteveCrawlerV4,entityclasses,Entity,Crawler
zombieMoeV1,entityclasses,Entity,Bloated Walker
zombieMoeV2,entityclasses,Entity,Bloated Walker
zombieMoeV3,entityclasses,Entity,Bloated Walker
zombieMoeV4,entityclasses,Entity,Bloated Walker
zombieMoeRadiatedV1,entityclasses,Entity,Radiated Bloated Walker
zombieMoeFeralV1,entityclasses,Entity,Feral Bloated Walker
zombieYoV1,entityclasses,Entity,Rotting Carcass
zombieYoV2,entityclasses,Entity,Rotting Carcass
zombieYoV3,entityclasses,Entity,Rotting Carcass
zombieYoV4,entityclasses,Entity,Rotting Carcass
zombieYoRadiatedV1,entityclasses,Entity,Radiated Rotting Carcass
zombieYoFeraV1l,entityclasses,Entity,Feral Carcass
zombieFemaleFatV1,entityclasses,Entity,Hungry Zombie

ok so... mr.devolver found a bug i wasnt aware of. i used the same buff on my skins set 1 and 2. so the skins load fine, but if you are using both sets at the same time the buff conflicts so its not loading, its only a visual thing. the radiated versions of my skins use a buff applied particle that guppy made, its just some green vapor comming from their mouth. so i just changed the files in the original download link. if you want this sorted you can redownload the skins set 2 or if you want you actually only need to replace the xml files buffs and entityclasses.

or keep using it as it is, is not a huge loss, but yeah, looks better if fixed.

20 hours ago, Mumpfy said:

ok so... mr.devolver found a bug i wasnt aware of. i used the same buff on my skins set 1 and 2. so the skins load fine, but if you are using both sets at the same time the buff conflicts so its not loading, its only a visual thing. the radiated versions of my skins use a buff applied particle that guppy made, its just some green vapor comming from their mouth. so i just changed the files in the original download link. if you want this sorted you can redownload the skins set 2 or if you want you actually only need to replace the xml files buffs and entityclasses.

or keep using it as it is, is not a huge loss, but yeah, looks better if fixed.

Thanks Mumpfy that should resolve issue I reported 

cool, i think i never understood the error you told me and i saw the skins working so i wasnt aware of anything going wrong, honestly i aint playing at all so i never noticed the particle missing. glad it got sorted.

mr.devolver pointed it out to me in discord, so maybe I paid more attention to the issue, i dont come to the forum much.

Edited by Mumpfy (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I love this mod so much!! Thank you for taking your time working on it!!

I think I can never again play the game without your mod! It's fantastic and adds so much diversity to the vanilla game!!

Love it :)

Just a side note for people wondering: this mod works perfectly with Darkness Falls!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Definitely a good one, worth anyone getting. No change to gameplay just more variety. Makes things richer.

One thing I did want to ask, is it possible to add more in, just by adding a colour tint to some of them?
I know you can tint existing icons with items, don't know if it works will the zombies, but might be a simple way to add a few more?

Hi @Mumpfy

Loving the mod, though I think I have just identified a bug.

I've kept finding feral and radiated zombies even on day 1 with the mod running. I've checked the xml files and I think I know why.

To give a line from the vanilla file.
<entitygroup name="ZombieGhostTownGroupGS1">
<entity name="zombieOldTimer" prob="3"/><entity name="zombieOldTimerFeral" prob="0"/><entity name="zombieOldTimerRadiated" prob="0"/> <entity name="zombieMarlene" prob="1"/><entity name="zombieMarleneFeral" prob="0"/><entity name="zombieMarleneRadiated" prob="0"/> <entity name="zombieArlene" prob="1"/><entity name="zombieArleneFeral" prob="0"/><entity name="zombieArleneRadiated" prob="0"/> <entity name="zombieJoe" prob="1"/><entity name="zombieJoeFeral" prob="0"/><entity name="zombieJoeRadiated" prob="0"/> <entity name="zombieBoe" prob="1"/><entity name="zombieBoeFeral" prob="0"/><entity name="zombieBoeRadiated" prob="0"/> <entity name="zombieMoe" prob="1"/><entity name="zombieMoeFeral" prob="0"/><entity name="zombieMoeRadiated" prob="0"/> <entity name="zombieFemaleFat" prob="1"/><entity name="zombieFemaleFatFeral" prob="0"/><entity name="zombieFemaleFatRadiated" prob="0"/> <entity name="zombieSkateboarder" prob="1"/><entity name="zombieSkateboarderFeral" prob="0"/><entity name="zombieSkateboarderRadiated" prob="0"/> <entity name="zombieSteveCrawler" prob="1"/><entity name="zombieSteveCrawlerFeral" prob="0"/> <entity name="zombieFatHawaiian" prob="0.5"/><entity name="zombieFatHawaiianFeral" prob="0"/>
</entitygroup>

Several have a probability of 0, designed to stop them appearing at gamestage 1 (guessing they just wanted to keep the layout consistent).

The entitygroups.xml file in this modlet has

<insertAfter xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name='zombieArleneRadiated']" > <entity name="zombieArleneRadiatedV1"/> </insertAfter>

The problem is this is not copying the probability . So it's getting

<entity name="zombieArleneRadiated" prob="0"/>

<entity name="zombieArleneRadiatedV1"/>

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Look at the creaturepackzombie xml for how to setup the xpath.  You need to target the zombie AND the probabilities.  For example:

<insertAfter xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[ starts-with(@name, 'zombieHospitalGroupGS')]/entity[@name='zombieBoeFeral' and @prob='0.1']">
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctor01Feral" prob=".01" />
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctor02Feral" prob=".01"/>
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctor03Feral" prob=".01"/>
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctor04BlackFeral" prob=".01"/>
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctorFemale01Feral" prob=".01" />
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctorFemale02Feral" prob=".01" />
    </insertAfter>    
    <insertAfter xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[ starts-with(@name, 'zombieHospitalGroupGS')]/entity[@name='zombieBoeFeral' and @prob='0.2']">
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctor01Feral" prob=".02" />
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctor02Feral" prob=".02"/>
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctor03Feral" prob=".02"/>
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctor04BlackFeral" prob=".02"/>
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctorFemale01Feral" prob=".02" />
        <entity name="zombieGuppyDoctorFemale02Feral" prob=".02" />
    </insertAfter>      

Just 2 sample entries of many, but you can see that  in the hospitalgroup, it looks for a zombie named zombieBoeFeral, and a specific probability, and if found it appends one or more new zombies with a specific spawn probability.   

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

To any interested I have modified the entitygroups xml file to incorporate the different probabilities of certain spawns.

I attach a link to be able to see the modified file, if anyone wishes to use. Just replace the entity groups xml file with this one.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MuzKdA_1cgca2_R15Tvc2ufzoHalds1F?usp=sharing

(The new markup works by bucketing the probabilities into 5% groups, so while not exact, it's pretty close.

i.e. a radiated with a 67% probability becomes a 65% )

5 hours ago, Dark_Shadow_231 said:

Hi All,

To any interested I have modified the entitygroups xml file to incorporate the different probabilities of certain spawns.

I attach a link to be able to see the modified file, if anyone wishes to use. Just replace the entity groups xml file with this one.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MuzKdA_1cgca2_R15Tvc2ufzoHalds1F?usp=sharing

(The new markup works by bucketing the probabilities into 5% groups, so while not exact, it's pretty close.

i.e. a radiated with a 67% probability becomes a 65% )

The only problem I can see is it adds a probability of 1  to zombies that don't have any probability. Which means you are always going to get the modded zeds and not vanilla zeds.

<entitygroup name="wanderingHordeStageGS1"><entity name="zombieSkateboarder" /><entity name="zombieFemaleFat" />
      <entity name="zombieFatMamaHDV1" prob="1"><!--Element inserted by: "HD_MumpfySkins1"--></entity>
      <entity name="zombieFatMamaHDV2" prob="1"><!--Element inserted by: "HD_MumpfySkins1"--></entity>
      <entity name="zombieFatMamaHDV3" prob="1"><!--Element inserted by: "HD_MumpfySkins1"--></entity>
      <entity name="zombieFatMamaHDV4" prob="1"><!--Element inserted by: "HD_MumpfySkins1"--></entity>

2 hours ago, cammel said:

The only problem I can see is it adds a probability of 1  to zombies that don't have any probability. Which means you are always going to get the modded zeds and not vanilla zeds.

<entitygroup name="wanderingHordeStageGS1"><entity name="zombieSkateboarder" /><entity name="zombieFemaleFat" />
      <entity name="zombieFatMamaHDV1" prob="1"><!--Element inserted by: "HD_MumpfySkins1"--></entity>
      <entity name="zombieFatMamaHDV2" prob="1"><!--Element inserted by: "HD_MumpfySkins1"--></entity>
      <entity name="zombieFatMamaHDV3" prob="1"><!--Element inserted by: "HD_MumpfySkins1"--></entity>
      <entity name="zombieFatMamaHDV4" prob="1"><!--Element inserted by: "HD_MumpfySkins1"--></entity>

Hi Cammel,

About 50 hours into a world playing with this, you definitely see the vanilla as well.

My understanding was that no probability given was the same as prob=1

Do I have that wrong?