NEW ZOMBIE TEXTURES - Mumpfy

Mumpfy

i think its the same issue... the object null error is because i had some materials names wrong... so that happens when you try to spawn them.

on horde night they are trying to get spawned by default so all those red errors is probably the same ones multiplied.

is not really a big bug. should get fixed.

thanks for the info.

and yes, khelldon is correct. i was originaly going to release this as replacements for the original Z's so the work gupp did with the xmls alowed us to have now about +60 new z's going around, so it was quite some work. i know he is checking it and probably solving the spawn issue at least, not sure about the harvesting stuff for the animals.

Edited by Mumpfy (see edit history)

I'm glad they aren't a replacement but are variant additions. The default guys are fine, but we just need more variety in their appearance, which this adds.

Can you put together a set of downloadable models and skins so they can be applied in 3d applications like zbrush easily, textures and/or displacement maps redone, and exported back out? I know there are tools to do this already but since you've already done that legwork, that would speed up other artists adding to the horde variants.

That would mean directly sharing tfp assets, something their staff has made plain would be... Bad.

With that thinking, wouldn't sharing xml files or sharing user pois also be assets? Heck, Nintendo even thinks YouTube videos are a violation of its content use!

Sharing assets to someone for another game with someone who does not own it would make it a violation, but not for mods for the game to another 7d2d owner, imho.

They've made the game intentionally moddable so we can do what we do.

I'm only going by what the devs have actually told me, not what you think is right or wrong. =)

They do not like us sharing their asset files. Period. It's one of the reasons I wanted Xtra to switch to this method of editing textures; the reason Sphereii has been patching .asset files... the reason for a LOT of the modding changes you're only seeing the end result of.

The time will come when they start shutting certain mods down.

And you're comparing apples to orangutans. Sharing the model that the developers created and the game uses is entirely different than sharing the end result of the usage of those models.

You can argue it, but I won't be participating. Take it up with the development team.

Like you said, they're easy enough to extract, just go ahead and do it, or talk someone into giving them to you in PM.

all i used to do this is uabe extracted... its all there. and the files i have them modified so. it just takes a few minutes to extract this stuff and no knowlage needed, whoever wants to try this can do it, no need for me to pack it up.

OK... so all bugs reported so far fixed (again thanks to GUPPYCUR for the xml work)

i just spawned them all 1 by 1 and had no issues... should work fine now also on horde night.

We now did a differnt export so the same file is gonna work fine for both PC and MAC. (should) but please let me know if there is any other issue guys and thanks again for the feedback. posting new link in a few minutes.

Great job guys on providing the variations ....well done !

Just a quickie though .. I am using the reality check mods ( Rev678) that remove certain things like for example the Zombie bear and screamers and so on.

To remove the new versions of zombie bear or screamers is it just a case of remove the xpath call/append in the entity group ? or do these references also have to be done in the entity classes xml ?

If they are now part of the spawning will they have to be replaced with another entity ?

Yeh, that definitely won't be naturally compatible.

You have it right ... Remove the Xpath references from entityclasses and the other file.

IF, however, you get the other mod to load first, then this mod would fail quietly trying to make the changes.

I think.

Yeh, that definitely won't be naturally compatible.

You have it right ... Remove the Xpath references from entityclasses and the other file.

IF, however, you get the other mod to load first, then this mod would fail quietly trying to make the changes.

I think.

Thanks for the reply .... I will experiment and see what happens :)

EDIT:

attachment looks poop but basically It appears you are correct, by getting the other 'reality check' modlets to load first I now have no Zombie bears spawning :) , now if same logic applies then Spherii's PG modlet that removes strippers should work if i get that to load before this one.

Although for the long term I will probably alter this modlet slightly to implement the 'no strippers' and other reality bits if thats ok with you guys.

Rev678.jpg.5c928aa6a03c6ba64d23aa2abed7e58e.jpg

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Updated as fixed in place (see edit history)

Whilst I was removing the strippers for a PG Version I noticed this line in entity groups.xml?

<insertAfter xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name='zombieScreamer']" >
     <entity name="zombieSkateboarderV2"/>
 </insertAfter>

There is already a reference earlier for zombieSkateboarderV2 I am assuming this is a typo or duplicate ?

<insertAfter xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup/entity[@name='zombieSkateboarder']" >
     <entity name="zombieSkateboarderV2"/>

I'm only going by what the devs have actually told me, not what you think is right or wrong. =)

They do not like us sharing their asset files. Period. It's one of the reasons I wanted Xtra to switch to this method of editing textures; the reason Sphereii has been patching .asset files... the reason for a LOT of the modding changes you're only seeing the end result of.

The time will come when they start shutting certain mods down.

And you're comparing apples to orangutans. Sharing the model that the developers created and the game uses is entirely different than sharing the end result of the usage of those models.

You can argue it, but I won't be participating. Take it up with the development team.

Like you said, they're easy enough to extract, just go ahead and do it, or talk someone into giving them to you in PM.

That's the exact reason that I refused to release that zombie model and texture pack publically. I didn't know the pimps had made that request. I just assumed, based on what I would want, that it would be a bad call.