NEW ZOMBIE TEXTURES - Mumpfy

Mumpfy

i will probably do the dark textures pack for me anyway at some point, im just wondering if anyone else is prefering that to the brighter one

- - - Updated - - -

MASSIVE Improvement Mumpfy, thank you very much.

As stated previously, I was getting 5-10s of lag when first encountering a zombie (often leading to 7d2d crashing). I've been playing with this new pack for about an hour and no issues whatsoever.

Thanks again for the great work.

P.S. The brighter texture pack looks great to me.

thats good news, thanks.

still im corious about how it will work on horde nights.... fingers crossed.

Edited by Mumpfy (see edit history)

Hi Mumpfy,

Great mod. Wonderful textures. Very detailed.

If you find time in the future, could you also do a darker version please. I'm using the old dark version which causes slight stalling, hardly much to talk about. However I'd rather prefer the stalling, than install the new more efficient bright ones. Just a personal preference.

Thanks to you and all those who helped bring this to release.

Worked great through several hordes, even tried it on my old potato laptop and had no issues.

that sounds great! thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Mumpfy,

Great mod. Wonderful textures. Very detailed.

If you find time in the future, could you also do a darker version please. I'm using the old dark version which causes slight stalling, hardly much to talk about. However I'd rather prefer the stalling, than install the new more efficient bright ones. Just a personal preference.

Thanks to you and all those who helped bring this to release.

daker version is coming back for sure, im just taking a little break from it. tomorrow maybe.

Mumpfy, Thanks so much for this and for the latest update to help performance.

I have a pack of around 200 uma i use form various mods in 16.4 and I just love your overlays.

I use the light pack and love it.

Thanks again for the work you put into this.

My only request is more... I love the uniqueness. Although that screamer in the black dress nearly got my group wiped out the first time she appeared. Which is also awesome.

Cheers

thanks a lot. i think there's more people now working on stuff like this so you may have more options coming from other moders, atm im involved in some other stuff like custom entities for other projects, which gives me a little more room to play around because i can also change the shapes of the entities. about textures vor vainilla zed's to be honest i did 60+ for my pack and other 30+ for winter project. i dont really think ill jump to do another set soon, lol. but i have the files and all I need to make another set a lot quiker than all the work the first pack took, so who knows... maybe.

Mumpfy After the last update, began to stutter. On the previous version it was possible to play. Had to remove the mod.

thats weird, really, oposite to the rest of the players. idk what happend there.

everyone else reported improvements regarding the lag with the new pack, i would say try again, i dont really now how you get worst performance than before.

thats weird, really, oposite to the rest of the players. idk what happend there.

everyone else reported improvements regarding the lag with the new pack, i would say try again, i dont really now how you get worst performance than before.

I was experiencing something similar yesterday with the updated light pack (I think). I was testing various things so I was flying around in god mode and I would have these small and quick frame drop hiccups as the Zs would spawn in. The former dark Z version issue of hard locks for a few seconds is gone however. The small hiccups might very well be from me just flying around really fast.

Edit: LOVING the mod. I think having variance definitely adds to the immersion aspect of the game. Definitely reminds me of Left 4 Dead with the different clothes and such. Great job!

May conflict with B9? 240 worked better. Noticed another oddity, the console showed the error of the headdress. I tried to generate the card twice, with no result. Very strong stuttering on the new version.

Ok people... im uploading a new additional link today in a few minutes. will call it TEST.

its the same brighter zombies pack, but different file build to test a new idea for performance improvement.

if someone tries it and send back some feedback would be great. thanks.

I was giving it some time, but I too am suffering from this.

In the previous mod version, there would be a 5-10 second pause, and then smooth sailing for the rest of the time I played.

In the more recent version, instead of a single 5-10 second pause, there would be a stutter, of like .5-1 second, each and every time a mod zombie loaded.

Riding a vehicle through the world resulted in stutters every 1-5 seconds of about half a second. Once I stop and started to explore a poi, there would be no more stutters. Unless a new zombie spawned, which I would confirm with Le. (list entities)

I was giving it some time, but I too am suffering from this.

In the previous mod version, there would be a 5-10 second pause, and then smooth sailing for the rest of the time I played.

In the more recent version, instead of a single 5-10 second pause, there would be a stutter, of like .5-1 second, each and every time a mod zombie loaded.

Riding a vehicle through the world resulted in stutters every 1-5 seconds of about half a second. Once I stop and started to explore a poi, there would be no more stutters. Unless a new zombie spawned, which I would confirm with Le. (list entities)

try the new pack i just uploaded.

Truth be told, it's never been a problem big enough to make me stop using this awesome mod. ;)

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, so downloaded and install the Bright(TEST) file.

So far I haven't noticed ANY zombie stutter. :cheerful:

Rode through Gravestown, a sizable amount of burnt forest on the way to the farm. Past Bob's Boars and Carl's Corn.

Besides the stutter of loading in new chunks of map. Which goes away when I ride back through the area.

What ever you did, you optimized it better than TFP.

I don't mind the brighter textures, but would like to test a regular version of the textures (darker).

Then again I can tweak my Nvidia contrast and brightness to my liking ;)

*UPDATE*

OOPS Spoke too soon, Got a bunch of errors, and I had to alt+f4 to keep from dying.

20190117093712_1.thumb.jpg.6dc3c35a17900911079b84c5cbaf91a3.jpg

20190117095726_1.thumb.jpg.82d8bbaae67c5c8b41fd04c46e29e451.jpg

Those were the entities causing the errors.

After issuing the KILLALL, I spawned in a couple of each of the Snow zeds and didn't get an error.

IDK what that was about. But I don't think it was inherently your mods fault. :crazy:

Edited by Punisher66 (see edit history)

well darked pack is coming back but i would like to solve this lag issue first so i dont have to make a lot of updates for both packs. so once we got a good performance i can make the dark pack the same way.

thanks for the feedback.

I am using the pack you uploaded the other day not this test vesion on A17.1 b9 and the only time I have had a stutter is when the 'vehicle manager' save kicks in .. I look at console and at every 'stutter' is see this message so I am not sure it is anything to do with your pack.

But I will keep monitoring and see what happens ...

So are the zeds in the darker set less "dayglow" than in the bright set? There seemed to be a lot of more saturated colors. We kind of miss the variety these offered, but wanted to try the darker set to see it they are less videogamey.

Also, does anyone know if you can add these after generating a world? I know you can't remove them once you generate a world, because removing them breaks the save for some reason, creating all sorts of various issues.

So are the zeds in the darker set less "dayglow" than in the bright set? There seemed to be a lot of more saturated colors. We kind of miss the variety these offered, but wanted to try the darker set to see it they are less videogamey.

Also, does anyone know if you can add these after generating a world? I know you can't remove them once you generate a world, because removing them breaks the save for some reason, creating all sorts of various issues.

they use the same shaders and maps (brighter - darker sets) the only difference is the texture itself. one is brighter, that's all.

im just waiting to have a good feedback on this and ill do the file for the darker set.

Mumpfy Test build works much better, no error throws. Sometimes a little stuttering, but it is a problem of the game. Perhaps because of the spawn packs of zombies. Although, before exiting the game has been spawned boar and it was micro stuttering. The save of 'vehicle manager' exactly does not affect stuttering.