How I Would Run TFP

TSBX

I figured that the way the Dev Diary is headed, this would be a good place for people who aren't TFP to pretend that they are, so they can continue the same tired arguments about how THEY would do things that they perceive TFP are doing wrong according to them.

Enjoy, kiddos!

No dilly-dallying for one. I know for a fact they aren't trying. Go full on sweat shop if you have to.

Also, hire an entire legion, you can never throw too many resources at one thing.

If that fails, just fire everyone and show them how it's done, it shouldn't take that long to add that much content, surely.

BTW I know BASIC ;)

I sure wish that one guy would quit saying we don't communicate with the community while conveniently ignoring dozens of posts by one of our programmers!

Edit: Also the 11am meeting to facetime with Joel's beard has been pushed back to 11:30.

Why would I give advice to TFP? It's clear that they always meet deadlines, have no trouble intimating their vision, know exactly how their roadmap looks, and always manage their community well. Frequent updates and consistent messaging. Their co-founder is also a real pro at the game he helped create.

Why would I have anything negative to say?

If I was ever late, I would say “I was on my way to work, but suddenly my car/bike just stopped, gas ran out and randomly on fire”

On a Friday I would promise all the staff that I would go by a box of cakes for everybody

Then come back, walk in empty handed, if asked, I would just say, “I don’t know what happened, one minute they were there next minute, and they just disappeared through the floor”

I'd probably stop leading everyone on so people actually play your game instead of getting huge player drop offs and generating tons of ill will. I really do get it about not wanting to give concrete dates but if you don't want to give dates don't give dates! This dragging on for months about how alphas are so close when in reality they are not is what upsets people. Either get your stuff in gear and have timely releases or be quiet and stop telling everyone how close something is for months at a time!

I'd probably stop leading everyone on so people actually play your game instead of getting huge player drop offs and generating tons of ill will. I really do get it about not wanting to give concrete dates but if you don't want to give dates don't give dates! This dragging on for months about how alphas are so close when in reality they are not is what upsets people. Either get your stuff in gear and have timely releases or be quiet and stop telling everyone how close something is for months at a time!

true words

+1 on that

If I were running TFP, I would post we are looking to turn the game into a VR game, and you will a need computer with very high specs to even run it. And all other modes PS4 etc are being dropped. Wait until the forum flames go ballistic and 24 hours later go haha just kidding.

Dude...they couldn’t handle emojis. There would be nobody left to say haha to...

Yup, I personally don't mind waiting... but it seems like its been "any week now" since June... I mean they HAD to know that there was still months and months worth of work to do back then right?

Get some strippers in there so you can figure out how you are going to change the stripper zombies and titty bars.

You know, check how much cash they usually have on any given apocalypse, how many bikers / farmers / business men are in the club...

Useful stuff to know.

At the very least have at least 6 different models for the strippers. That way you can have more in the office for REFERENCE *a-hem*. You can replace hungry zombies and fat hawaians with them, maybe make a stripper spider variant...

Yup, I personally don't mind waiting... but it seems like its been "any week now" since June... I mean they HAD to know that there was still months and months worth of work to do back then right?

What's more forgivable?

To never start a new game because TFP made you think an update was imminent but it gets dragged out for months.

or

To start a game because you think the update will be later but it comes sooner than expected causing you to have to start over.

I bet most people would say option 2. So just play A16 and if you have to wipe unexpectedly at least it will be because A17 is here.

What's more forgivable?

To never start a new game because TFP made you think an update was imminent but it gets dragged out for months.

or

To start a game because you think the update will be later but it comes sooner than expected causing you to have to start over.

I bet most people would say option 2. So just play A16 and if you have to wipe unexpectedly at least it will be because A17 is here.

Roland, I always appreciate the way you explain things because I usually "get it".. so I may be misunderstanding something here... but I think we agree.

Option 1.. never starting a new game because it seems like the update is imminent.... Well.. that's exactly what im saying --- ever since June it seems like it was imminent... why is this?? Maybe it was the communication.. maybe it was the communities bad interpretation... including me. Did they not know there was a crap ton of work to do? Its perfectly valid if they didn't realize it.. im just asking.

Option 2... I think more people would have started new games back in June/July if it didn't feel like the update was just about done.

I think the majority of people got mislead NOT into a specific date.. but a specific timeframe.... say..july/august -- but the fact that it wont be probably till mid October (atleast) means there was a crap ton of work to still do back in June. However the communication back in June made it seems like a couple more weeks of polishing and we were good to go. I personally would have appreciated being told back in June "guys we got several months of work ahead of us before A17e".

Not sure if my point is coming across, its not even about starting new games.. I could care a less. My main point of confusion is that back in the june/july timeframe (I think most would agree) that it almost seemed like release was imminent.... Do you think that was a misinterpretation by the community? or was it do to the communication given to the community? The TFP may have been able to tell us back then that release atleast 3 months away....if they had a grasp of how much work this stuff takes...and I think they do have a grasp of that.

Archived