HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

Probably a silly question but is the Tasty 18.2 b5 lighting files need to be installed on server and client, or client side only? Many thanks to you Dust2Death, I used this mod in A17 and absolutely loved it! Cheers

Only just got back from a weekend trip.

You only need to install client side. :)

A18.1 b8 Lighting.

Get from Nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/133?tab=files

Can anybody put this somewhere else? I don't have and don't want a nexus-account.

Is there any summary what works with 18.2 and/or what needs to be done to make this work with 18.2?

I tried installing the 17.4 2K version from the OP. The dedicated server throws some errors:

2019-12-12T19:06:34 18.180 ERR Block HDHQ_DesertSeedPrefab is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition!
2019-12-12T19:06:43 28.100 ERR Block HDHQ_Goldenrod is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition!
2019-12-12T19:06:43 28.115 ERR Block HDHQ_Chrysanthemum is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition!
2019-12-12T19:06:43 28.120 ERR Block HDHQ_Cotton is found multiple times, overriding with latest definition!

2019-12-12T19:06:46 30.804 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'items.xml' failed
ArgumentException: Requested value 'KickDegreesVertical' was not found.

2019-12-12T19:06:55 39.420 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'recipes.xml' failed
Exception: No item/block with name 'HDHQmeleeToolTorch' existing

2019-12-12T19:06:56 40.408 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'loot.xml' failed
Exception: Item with name 'HDHQSchoolBusAccessories' not found!

The client gets stuck on the splash screen....

And can anybody tell me how this mod affects performance? Does it have just a little impact, huge impact, doesn't change performance but looks better, or even increase performance a little?

We have some players with not that good hardware specs and i don't want to make the game unplayable for them. Since it also requires mods on the server side i assume it does not only work on client side?

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

The main pack files will NOT work on 18.x.

They are for A17 only, client side, do not install them to the server. 18.x only has lighting files available.

The modlets all still work on A18, albeit with a warning or 2. I have not updated them yet, cause they work for the most part. I'll get to them eventually. When eventually is, thats a different question ;)

Performance impact of the textures @ 2K is basically non existant.

Use a biome pack and you will gain FPS cause they are heavily optimized compared to the vanilla trees.

modlets must be installed on client and server.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A18.3 Lighting on Nexus, got tired of waiting for stable.

Hey DUST2DEATH. I am using Ravenhearst mod which by default uses your mod. I am seeing much more aliasing than in vanilla. Is this your issue? Also, can I somehow tone down the vibrance or are the textures like that?

I dont think so. I dont notice any more or less aliasing using my lighting or vanilla.

As for the vibrance of the textures, make sure your gamma is set to default when using the lighting. The lighting side of the mod removes all the washout vanilla has :)

• 1 month later...

Man i know the chances of this are slim to none since its experimental but ive been playing on a laptop and 18.3 runs like a dream. 18.4 does not. Biggest difference is i dont have your lighting. Im here with my tin cup shaking it asking you to have mercy on my poor soul :D

had to take my shot at least :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I have fixed some bugs that I found:

Fixed a bug where the seeds could not be planted, they disappeared (jungleseed, desertseed, alpineseed, palmseed), corrected the icon folder, now if it shows them.

I currently use Baseline Biome Overhaul and Biome particles effects, A18.4 stable.

Thank you very much DUST2DEATH,your effort is greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone

I have fixed some bugs that I found:

Fixed a bug where the seeds could not be planted, they disappeared (jungleseed, desertseed, alpineseed, palmseed), corrected the icon folder, now if it shows them.

I currently use Baseline Biome Overhaul and Biome particles effects, A18.4 stable.

Thank you very much DUST2DEATH,your effort is greatly appreciated.

It's not the Biome Overhauls or the modlets (i.e. particles, wind etc.) that are the problem. They work fine. So does lighting. It's the textures that are the problem. I have a HUGE amount of time on my hands and would be willing - but DUST2DEATH says it's not worth it so I'll take him at his word.