HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

It's not the Biome Overhauls or the modlets (i.e. particles, wind etc.) that are the problem. They work fine. So does lighting. It's the textures that are the problem. I have a HUGE amount of time on my hands and would be willing - but DUST2DEATH says it's not worth it so I'll take him at his word.

Hi Scubahalo

DUST2DEATH is right, it is not worth wasting time fixing the textures, with the A19 they will be changed, better enjoy what is still compatible.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Wyrm187 said:

Hi guys, I love the way the mod looks but how do I prevent trees from being chopped down in one hit? I'd like to be able to mine them normally.  what do I need to edit? Thanks

Hi Wyrm187
You need to start a new game, because in the already started it causes the trees to have 1 hit and you knock them down with one hit.

11 hours ago, Wyrm187 said:

Hi guys, I love the way the mod looks but how do I prevent trees from being chopped down in one hit? I'd like to be able to mine them normally.  what do I need to edit? Thanks

They are only 1 hit in areas you've already explored. Any new area you uncover they will be normal HP.
Or start a new game.

Hi DUST2DEATH! I really love your mod! I'm a noob in modding but I want to ask you something because maybe you could have a easy fix. I like the Zombie Texture Replacement by Xtrakicking and I know that I just can use the lightning because your textures are not compatible for alpha 18.4. The thing is your lightning file is the same than Xtrakicking's textures. My question is if there is any way to put toguether in one file or something like that. Thanks in advance and I'm sorry for my english. Greetings from Spain!

Edited by busterbjones (see edit history)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I tried it with A19 and it just locked up in the menu. So I had to uninstall 7 Days and then reinstall, so, that fixed that problem. 

But man, I really want this to work with A19. I know it's a lot of work to work on these mods, I'm guessing the developer is busy. 

Does anyone have any simply idea to get this to work with A19?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My apologies if you already answered this, @DUST2DEATH, but could we expect to see an update for Alpha 20? I understand that the textures (I assume only the ground textures) could not be updated, but I really liked having dense forests with optimized trees, made the game feel a hell of a lot more realistic, without it tanking my system!

Edited by Arma Rex (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

I have replaced the archives of 7 days to die and  data then of this when I iniciate the game it put a loading screen and don't pass of this for a long time or never and if i put to close the game without steam the game dont close.

7 hours ago, MychoRN said:

I have replaced the archives of 7 days to die and  data then of this when I iniciate the game it put a loading screen and don't pass of this for a long time or never and if i put to close the game without steam the game dont close.

Are you running A17? Because this hasn't been updated and a lot of it won't really work with how the game is now versus back in A17.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/19/2023 at 4:27 AM, DUST2DEATH said:

I have a new PC.

I have uploaded the Biome Redux trees to nexus mods, under optional files.

It will take me time to work out everything else. Please be patient.

treesA20.jpg

Glad to see you're back.

To be clear - the Vanilla Biome Redux modlets will work as is, right? Or do we need to wait until the "baseline" pack is updated?

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

On 4/22/2023 at 9:05 AM, khzmusik said:

Glad to see you're back.

To be clear - the Vanilla Biome Redux modlets will work as is, right? Or do we need to wait until the "baseline" pack is updated?

No need to wait for anything, will work as is. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2023 at 5:02 AM, DUST2DEATH said:

Plants have been uploaded for A20.

I have retired everything else not A20 under optional to old files.

plantsA20.jpg

still one of my favorite mods for 7d2d, thanks for the update

HDHQ pickup plants still seems to work ok to get the E functionality back

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

On 5/11/2023 at 6:31 AM, belowzeros said:

still one of my favorite mods for 7d2d, thanks for the update

HDHQ pickup plants still seems to work ok to get the E functionality back

Aww, thank you. That means a lot to me :)

Im still working on other parts of the mod but you know... Time..

burnt.jpg