HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

Excellent work. Really love your mods.

A few questions:

Can I use the new vanilla A17 trees together with your biome modlet? The new trees in A17 is lush and have branches going down to the ground. I love how they reduce visibility with only a few trees, and create surprises with zeds suddenly popping out. Can I just delete the "remove xpath"?

Another thing, in vanilla trees are randomly spread out and create some open landscape, some dense parts, and some really dense parts. I wonder what your reason is for removing this randomness? The result is that the landscape look very similar inside same biomes.

Keep up the great work :)

I have done a restart now - and I can load the modlets for the redux and baseline on to other modservers I have set up. I am unable to use the 2k or the 4k still despite my machine settings being within the recommend specs?

If you are playing 17.2, make sure you select to install the 17.2 experimental files from the launcher.

I simply did not do an update to "Stable" as the files are the same, its a lot to upload just for the sake of "Stable label" when I have other things going on at the moment.

Since this mod should be (fully) compatible with darkness falls I think you should fix this. Though I'm not entirely sure how much of an impact it has.

2019-04-16T10:20:15 99.190 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='4x4Parts']/item[@name='carBattery']" 
2019-04-16T10:20:15 99.191 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <insertAfter xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='gyroCopterParts']/item[@name='carBattery']" 
2019-04-16T10:20:16 99.862 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='4,5']/@tags" 
2019-04-16T10:20:16 99.862 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "HDHQVehicles" did not apply: <set xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkGreaseMonkey']/effect_group/passive_effect[@level='5']/@tags" 
2019-04-16T10:20:17 101.086 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQBiomeDesertRedux" did not apply: <remove xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='desert']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeOakMed01']" 
2019-04-16T10:20:17 101.086 WRN XML patch for "biomes.xml" from mod "HDHQBiomeDesertRedux" did not apply: <remove xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='desert']/decorations/decoration[@blockname='treeOakSml01']" 

The warnings are harmless, as long as you are using the DF compat patch, it will all work as expected and you can ignore the warnings.

I cant do anything about them unless I write a specific modlet just for DF as opposed to the DF compat patch that already exists.

Make sure the compat patch loads after the main modlets.

Excellent work. Really love your mods.

A few questions:

Can I use the new vanilla A17 trees together with your biome modlet? The new trees in A17 is lush and have branches going down to the ground. I love how they reduce visibility with only a few trees, and create surprises with zeds suddenly popping out. Can I just delete the "remove xpath"?

Another thing, in vanilla trees are randomly spread out and create some open landscape, some dense parts, and some really dense parts. I wonder what your reason is for removing this randomness? The result is that the landscape look very similar inside same biomes.

Keep up the great work :)

The modlets were designed to replace the vanilla trees as my trees are less taxing on the system.

Feel free to play around with the biome.xml spawning rules to mix and match as you see fit, as well as density levels.

Density is set to "max" if you will.

Forests are generally dense and samey IRL.

The modlets were designed to replace the vanilla trees as my trees are less taxing on the system.

Feel free to play around with the biome.xml spawning rules to mix and match as you see fit, as well as density levels.

Density is set to "max" if you will.

Forests are generally dense and samey IRL.

Thanks for quick reply. I just deleted the remove and set xpath, and changed prob to less, that worked great :)

Hello,

While using this mod (2k 17.2 experimental) my world generates weirdly. Biome borders have weird biome squares all over the place, which looks really bad. I dont get any errors or anything while generating the world. I do start the game through SDX launcher because I have some mods that require it, but I tried to generate the world without any mods but its still the same thing.

https://imgur.com/a/VsKz9ti

Edit: Turns out its not this mods fault. Did a fresh install of the game and its still happening.

Fiksavimas.jpg.8c5017f5658d66f595e6d70d7a0e438e.jpg

Edited by Gedzas (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Launcher is fully up to date with 17.3 files.

Nexus has 17.3 files.

Ive moved the 17.2 files to stable. Uploading 4K still.. will be a while.

Also fixed the vehicle icons brightness, and readded the APC icon back in (No idea how I lost it in the first place).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so im having some trouble downloading these modlets from the launcher. when i download other modlets i see them in my downloaded folder where i can install and enable, but when i try to download any of the hdhq files it instantly says download complete and theyre not located in my modlet folder. Anybody know a way around this? been trying for the last 2 days

so im having some trouble downloading these modlets from the launcher. when i download other modlets i see them in my downloaded folder where i can install and enable, but when i try to download any of the hdhq files it instantly says download complete and theyre not located in my modlet folder. Anybody know a way around this? been trying for the last 2 days

Can you supply a log file? Try downloading again, then close the Mod Downloader screen and go to the View Menu, then Log files. Click on Upload log file, and pass me the pastebin.com link it gives you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there, DUSK2DEATH!

I'd like to thank you for this incredible mod, it's a work of art.

Not only the game looks much nicer than vanilla, but I've actually got a nice performance boost with your Main Pack 2k and Baseline Biomes in ancient hardware (Q9550, GTX 770, 8GB RAM).

Although you've explained that the HDHQ plant models only work for flowers in the wild in order to avoid server overload, I was feeling frisky and thought I could afford to trade a few FPS for eye candy, since the new plants look SO good and the game is now running better than ever.

After some fiddling, I'm now using your stunning models with the planted version of the flowers, with no noticeable impact on performance.

Keep in mind that it's a modest garden so far: the picture shows a double row with 60 flowers planted together.

7D2D_HDHQ_GARDEN.jpg.997c494b7d20a1abd1d6f8e32fec5050.jpg

If it's OK with you, I'd like to share with everyone the simple edits I've made, in case someone else wants to try it.

I just added this to HDHQPlants/Config/Blocks.xml, INSIDE THE APPEND BLOCK:

<block name="HDHQ_GoldenrodPlayer">
       <property name="Material" value="Mplants" />
       <property name="LightOpacity" value="0"/>
       <property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity" />
       <property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/HDHQPlants.unity3d?HDHQGoldenrodPrefab"/>
       <property name="ModelOffset" value="0,-0.1,0"/>
       <property name="ImposterDontBlock" value="true"/>
       <property name="Collide" value="melee"/>
       <property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/>
       <property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" />
       <property name="IsDecoration" value="true"/>
       <property name="PlantGrowing.FertileLevel" value="1"/>
       <property name="HarvestOverdamage" value="false"/>
       <drop event="Destroy" count="0" />
       <drop event="Harvest" name="resourceCropGoldenrodPlant" count="1" tag="wildCropsHarvest"/>
       <property name="DisplayInfo" value="Name"/>
       <property name="FilterTags" value="foutdoor,fcrops"/>
       <property name="SortOrder1" value="a090"/>
       <property name="SortOrder2" value="0002"/>
<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="plantedGoldenrod1"/>
     </block>
     <block name="HDHQ_ChrysanthemumPlayer">
       <property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/HDHQPlants.unity3d?HDHQChrysanthemumPrefab"/>
       <drop event="Harvest" name="resourceCropChrysanthemumPlant" count="1" tag="wildCropsHarvest"/>
<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="plantedChrysanthemum1"/>
     </block>
     <block name="HDHQ_CottonPlayer">
       <property name="Model" value="#@modfolder:Resources/HDHQPlants.unity3d?HDHQCottonPrefab"/>
       <drop event="Harvest" name="resourceCropCottonPlant" count="1" tag="wildCropsHarvest"/>
<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="plantedCotton1"/>
     </block>

Then I added this to the same file, JUST BELOW THE APPEND BLOCK:

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedGoldenrod2']/property[@name='PlantGrowing.Next']/@value">HDHQ_GoldenrodPlayer</set>
<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedChrysanthemum2']/property[@name='PlantGrowing.Next']/@value">HDHQ_ChrysanthemumPlayer</set>
<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='plantedCotton2']/property[@name='PlantGrowing.Next']/@value">HDHQ_CottonPlayer</set>

And that's all.

Now anyone can get some seeds from wild plants and make themselves a beautiful garden!

Just proceed with caution and keep your gardens to a sensible size in order to avoid any performance hit.

If you don't want to replant automatically after harvesting, comment out or delete the "DowngradeBlock" lines above.

Again, thank you for your incredible work, it's very much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

? just installed the 2k version to an existing save... since installing we have found 20 + traders... the original 4 multiplied. im currently uninstalling 7d2d and reinstalling it and going the modlet version. ill update using the same map.

**** had to completely reinstall. removed all mods and couldnt find any poi's other than traders

Edited by Sinixter
update (see edit history)

? just installed the 2k version to an existing save... since installing we have found 20 + traders... the original 4 multiplied. im currently uninstalling 7d2d and reinstalling it and going the modlet version. ill update using the same map.

**** had to completely reinstall. removed all mods and couldnt find any poi's other than traders

thats strange, i have swapped mine from 4k too 2k a few times on this existing saves. i guess ill stop switching them so much haha

No idea how this has an effect on traders or any other POI. The mod doesnt do anything to that area of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

thats strange, i have swapped mine from 4k too 2k a few times on this existing saves. i guess ill stop switching them so much haha

should be no issue swapping between 2K and 4K.

No idea how this has an effect on traders or any other POI. The mod doesnt do anything to that area of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

should be no issue swapping between 2K and 4K.

i was on the 2k version i couldnt find anything in the code either. i think something happen when i uninstalled the mod launcher and war of the walkers mods. while separate i think it corrupted the main files