HDHQ - Textures/Lighting/Environment

DUST2DEATH

Ah! Thank you. Tried earlier but had issues - chrysanthemum was wind enabled yet no hover name and no collect, cotton no wind and no name/collect, goldenrod had name and could collect but no wind. Was going to post earlier but busy here and figured Guppy would notify.

I'll give it another go!

They all have wind enabled but different weights.

Goldenrod leaves are light so move around more, but the stalks are heavier so have a gentle sway.

The cotton is a stiff stalky plant, moves just a little.

Chrysanthemum is light so moves around a lot more compared to the others.

While I'm here... is there a way for you to remove the gray squares on the map from the trees? Used to be for boulders? Looks a bit muddled yet by no means kills it for me. Peace!

Trees are also listed on the map as grey squares. Its a vanilla thing, I didnt do any changes to the map. I just add that many more trees.

Trees are also listed on the map as grey squares. Its a vanilla thing, I didnt do any changes to the map. I just add that many more trees.

Ok, fair enough on both points above. Was having trouble getting it to work after several tries - was using a previous (new) save. After redoing it again with a brand new game all seems in order. Thank you again, Rock on DUST2DEATH!

It was giving me default plants or loading errors if i tried to update any "save"

Update: ok it now seems ok with my older SP save as well... I'll chalk it up to user error, that or... TFP WTF! hehe

Edited by Cave 8 (see edit history)

dust- i can only gush at how awesome this looks after finally playing it, and not just looking at pictures!

ps- using the 2k textures, on a wizened gtx970 and other similar aged hardware surrounding it. honestly feels like it runs SMOOTHER than normal vanilla. if anyone has held off thinking that their system can't handle it, just try it. is not hard to undo if it doesn't work.

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

I specifically love the plants and particle effects. You think you ever branch out with your talents regards other plants etc ?

I asked the same question the other night on discord .. Dusts doing such an amazing job keeping up with A17 and its different flavours with the main texture overhaul im sure when things settle he may see fit to bless us with some more editions.

lets hope so :)

Hey there, loving the mod!

I also have some problems with the Chrysathemum, Golderod and Cotton flowers however, specifically that they appear as in vanilla. I do have the farming mods installed (both of them!), so was wondering if that might affect it, or if there's some other issue? Could it be a load order thing?

I did see the posts on the last page talking about the flowers and wind, etc, but i'm not sure what to make of it. I'm using the wind flowers modlet, and I can't pick them up with E, and I'm not getting the updated models.

Hey there, loving the mod!

I also have some problems with the Chrysathemum, Golderod and Cotton flowers however, specifically that they appear as in vanilla. I do have the farming mods installed (both of them!), so was wondering if that might affect it, or if there's some other issue? Could it be a load order thing?

I did see the posts on the last page talking about the flowers and wind, etc, but i'm not sure what to make of it. I'm using the wind flowers modlet, and I can't pick them up with E, and I'm not getting the updated models.

If this is loaded into an existing save, the items will not update in already explored areas. New chunks will have the new plants.

The plants also do not affect planted versions. The reason for this is I did not want farms to bring servers down.

The plants can only be picked up with E if you are using Ragsy's pickup patch. By default my plants are hit like vanilla.

If you have errors, could you please provide a log file?

- - - Updated - - -

dust- i can only gush at how awesome this looks after finally playing it, and not just looking at pictures!

ps- using the 2k textures, on a wizened gtx970 and other similar aged hardware surrounding it. honestly feels like it runs SMOOTHER than normal vanilla. if anyone has held off thinking that their system can't handle it, just try it. is not hard to undo if it doesn't work.

Thank you.

I specifically love the plants and particle effects. You think you ever branch out with your talents regards other plants etc ?

Which did you have in mind? I went for the most obvious first.

Nice mods ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, fair enough on both points above. Was having trouble getting it to work after several tries - was using a previous (new) save. After redoing it again with a brand new game all seems in order. Thank you again, Rock on DUST2DEATH!

It was giving me default plants or loading errors if i tried to update any "save"

Update: ok it now seems ok with my older SP save as well... I'll chalk it up to user error, that or... TFP WTF! hehe

Should be no issue with existing saves other than already explored areas will not have the new items. New areas that you explore will.

New games have no such issue.

Glad you got it sorted.

just wanted to leave a small reminder for wall torches for next update. :) Would help alot.

I got you... soon-ish.

If this is loaded into an existing save, the items will not update in already explored areas. New chunks will have the new plants.

The plants also do not affect planted versions. The reason for this is I did not want farms to bring servers down.

The plants can only be picked up with E if you are using Ragsy's pickup patch. By default my plants are hit like vanilla.

If you have errors, could you please provide a log file?

Thanks for such a quick reply and, sorry, I should have provided some more info. Here goes:

It's on a new install, new seed, new everything. I basically just installed 17.2 with a bunch of modlets, including yours, through the mod launcher. The vanilla plants I see are in the wild as I literally just started my world. I'm having no NRE or crashes or any such problems, so this is really not a huge deal, except it would have been nice to see your beautiful flower models.

I'm completely new to installing modlets, but everything else seems to work just fine. I'm surprised at how easy it was to get all these mods to work together! Still, I wonder if maybe the plant models are getting overwritten by some other mod? Could I alter the load order somehow?

Thanks for such a quick reply and, sorry, I should have provided some more info. Here goes:

It's on a new install, new seed, new everything. I basically just installed 17.2 with a bunch of modlets, including yours, through the mod launcher. The vanilla plants I see are in the wild as I literally just started my world. I'm having no NRE or crashes or any such problems, so this is really not a huge deal, except it would have been nice to see your beautiful flower models.

I'm completely new to installing modlets, but everything else seems to work just fine. I'm surprised at how easy it was to get all these mods to work together! Still, I wonder if maybe the plant models are getting overwritten by some other mod? Could I alter the load order somehow?

Please rename the HDHQPlantsWind folder to ZHDHQPlantsWind.

Run the exe directly from the folder, do not press play via the launcher.

This will make it load last, and not undo your changes.

Please rename the HDHQPlantsWind folder to ZHDHQPlantsWind.

Run the exe directly from the folder, do not press play via the launcher.

This will make it load last, and not undo your changes.

Thanks again for your help!

It turned out the mod launcher had never properly installed the HDHQPlantsWind. First I thought it was just me who had forgotten to install it, so I checked the modlet again and clicked "install and close" and the launcher ran through its script and closed the modlet window. But when I checked the "installed modlets" and the file structure, HDHQPlantsWind had never gotten installed! All the other modlets in your collection installed fine, so it seems to be just something with the plants file.

EDIT: I just grabbed the Plant-Wind file from the Nexus and now everything works! Thank you for this beautiful mod! :)

Edited by Gothyc (see edit history)

error on server for the vehicles Failed to decompress data for the AssetBundle 'HDHQMonsterCar.unity3d'.

(Filename: Line: 438)

2019-02-12T05:06:58 30.897 ERR Loading AssetBundle "/7DaysToDieserver_Data/../Mods\HDHQVehicles/Resources/HDHQMonsterCar.unity3d" failed!

2019-02-12T05:06:58 30.897 ERR Could not load file '#@modfolder(HDHQVehicles):Resources/HDHQMonsterCar.unity3d?HDHQMonsterCar' for entity_class 'HDHQ_MonsterCar'

Failed to decompress data for the AssetBundle 'HDHQAPC.unity3d'.

error on server for the vehicles Failed to decompress data for the AssetBundle 'HDHQMonsterCar.unity3d'.

2019-02-12T05:06:58 30.897 ERR Loading AssetBundle "/7DaysToDieserver_Data/../Mods\HDHQVehicles/Resources/HDHQMonsterCar.unity3d" failed!

2019-02-12T05:06:58 30.897 ERR Could not load file '#@modfolder(HDHQVehicles):Resources/HDHQMonsterCar.unity3d?HDHQMonsterCar' for entity_class 'HDHQ_MonsterCar'

Have no issues here altho I on sp. Is it in sp game and server side

server side and 7.2

Works fine in 17.2 SP and MP.

It would appear that it hasnt been installed correctly at one, or both ends (client/server). Make sure the bundle is in both Mods folders.

Thanks again for your help!

It turned out the mod launcher had never properly installed the HDHQPlantsWind. First I thought it was just me who had forgotten to install it, so I checked the modlet again and clicked "install and close" and the launcher ran through its script and closed the modlet window. But when I checked the "installed modlets" and the file structure, HDHQPlantsWind had never gotten installed! All the other modlets in your collection installed fine, so it seems to be just something with the plants file.

EDIT: I just grabbed the Plant-Wind file from the Nexus and now everything works! Thank you for this beautiful mod! :)

Ive fixed this issue (thanks Sphereii! :) ) with the Launcher and this modlet.

Installs fine now.

Hello

Is it possible to adjust or halve the number of new trees in the biomen?

I have several mods running on my server and the last one was going to do your HDHQ 2k with it. Now I have lags that I associate with the enormous number of trees. But I can also be wrong about that. Before that, I had no lags.

I would be grateful for an answer.

Hello

Is it possible to adjust or halve the number of new trees in the biomen?

I have several mods running on my server and the last one was going to do your HDHQ 2k with it. Now I have lags that I associate with the enormous number of trees. But I can also be wrong about that. Before that, I had no lags.

I would be grateful for an answer.

Open the biomes.xml in the appropriate biome modlet.

In this file you can adjust the spawn probability. I have them set to "maximum" density. You can turn this down as much as you like.

Looks awesome! I can't get it to work and try it out, tho - downloaded & installed the 7DLauncher, chose the mod, clicked install ... all it does is create a copy of the game. When I try to pre-sync the mod (as recommended) it's not doing much (download finished in 2 ms or so). Also I'm not sure if I have to activate any of the Modlets for the effects or is that step optional?

Anyway, keep up the good work! I'll figure this out somehow or do a manual installation :)