Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hey Khaine I ran into a problem with the military POIs. I've been using Small3 lately and at 162S 3754W & 27N 3732W there are two examples of these POIs I have found on this map. The problem is the first one was collapsed. I went there with another save that wasn't remotely close to it so I could see if something else was placed inside of it but it was also collapsed. The second one has a basic rest stop spawned in the east half of it. All you can see if the roof of the military part above the gas station.

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

Hi KGB for things like steel crafting requirements it says no laborer class. Since I chose the laborer class does that mean I can never craft steel? Does the hunting knife harvest more meat than the machete? I'm getting 5 meat off a cow which is crazy!

The reason it says "no laborer class" is because in the laborer class tab you will see perks for Steel Crafting. The Laborer class gets steel crafting as part of their specialization, it is in step 4 of Hammer & Forge called Machinist. It is there a second time for those not in the laborer class.

I tend to prefer Machetes especially for combat with it's better reach even though combat knives have a faster swing.

^ That, for the steel crafting.

Animal meat was lowered in general because folks were just getting insane amounts. Once the breeding is fixed (working on that now) you'll want to do that as they'll give more meat.

Hey Khaine I ran into a problem with the military POIs. I've been using Small3 lately and at 162S 3754W & 27N 3732W there are two examples of these POIs I have found on this map. The problem is the first one was collapsed. I went there with another save that wasn't remotely close to it so I could see if something else was placed inside of it but it was also collapsed. The second one has a basic rest stop spawned in the east half of it. All you can see if the roof of the military part above the gas station.

I'll have to hop on that map and have a look. I know i've had POI's fall apart in one game, and then be fine in another.

I've been playing on alpha 18.4 and having a blast I just had a question about starting new. Are we supposed to spawn with 2 class papers? I had 1 but a lot of videos I watch have 2.

If playing single player, yes. MP has 1 to encourage working together.

I am playing 18.3 SP on the Juyipa Mountains map and there is no Wasteland. At least none that I could find as I explored 85% of the map on my motorcycle, and covered the rest in debug mode. Eve's final mission lists the rally point as 0.0 km away from her, so that is a good indication that the map is missing the biome necessary for it's POI. I did reset the quest multiple times, and killed her off then found her new spawn. So on a secondary note, can you make multiple trips to a new map by copying the player files, then going back into the old map and loading your character up with gear, and then pasting them back into the new map folder? Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone tried a workaround for Xyth Creature pack with bandits and human NPC's had been looked into without changing all the XML's to be added alongside DF

or Khaine, if you thought about adding your own bandits back into your mod for maybe A19 or A20. Just curious. And thanks for the continued work on your mod.

...can you make multiple trips to a new map by copying the player files, then going back into the old map and loading your character up with gear, and then pasting them back into the new map folder?

I figured it out, and you can. It slow, but can be done. I suggest just selling as much as possible, and spawning in anything you have in large amounts (mats).

Hey. I warn you, google translation. I really liked the mod, interesting. But I have accumulated a few WHY?

Why aren't there new cars? There are so many bdubyah mods.

Craft mods for machines require a lot of resources, ok, but what do you get in the end, a minimum of changes ((.

Why can't I build storage-storage-storage or turbo-turbo-turbo?

Why lvl 250?

Why can't I find the parts of the helicopter? They are not anywhere, yes yes zombie demons - a biker, a worker, a skater.

Why does plastic need boiled water? I'm not going to eat it, don’t worry.

Why there was a latent infection, which did not occur until it reaches 50%. If so, ok, but if it’s a mistake, fix it.

Mistakes

Advanset Brass Ketcher from steel cartridges catches brass sleeves - magic.

Batteries are not charged by either the generator or the solar panel.

Sci 2 the door is not set correctly; it goes halfway into the block.

The silencer does not work with Coilguns, even when you shoot from far away, everyone hears.

The latest version of the mod is installed on the server and client, but the armored glass is still not made in the Advancet furnace.

Multitool does not raise wheels when parsing wheels.

Radio does not make music.

My desires

Zombie bosses Hippos are very slow, they need to make a constant speed running nightmare, with any server settings.

Add heavy power armor with fire resistance, but high stamina consumption.

I need a nuclear reactor. There is uranium, plutonium, titanium, radiation protection - wtf.

I really want a 3D printer for crafting new machines.

Demonic armor - 100% protection from fire, but at least from physical blows, is made of demons.

Forbid to melt coins - brass is very much.

Wow, you read to the end.

Hi - thought i might post here as well as in the HDHQ thread to see if i can get some guidance.

First off, this mod is great so I'll tip my cap there as there has clearly been a lot of effort go into this, it's lots of fun, slows down progression a bit and generally makes you work harder for stuff which i love!

We would like to try this with the HDHQ mod in simple terms to pretty up the graphics in the game. I've read that DF should work with it but after hours of reading i have to admit, i'm still a little confused over which bits are compatible and what versions will work!

We're running Darkness Falls at the moment, 18.4. Could someone give some fairly simple guidance on how they have got HDHQ to work with Darkness Falls? Fairly new to the idea of mods, loving DF so far though but think the graphical enhancements here would really look good.

We've used the mod manager to get Darkness Falls installed for client and the server had a pre-select option for Darkness Falls, just not entirely sure how we go about putting HDHQ on as they both seem to overwrite core files (or maybe they don't?). I'm savvy for FTP etc. to upload, but not sure which the right download would be for 18.4 for clients as the mod launcher refers to either 17.3 or 17.4 experimental for HDHQ, although i have found manual downloads elsewhere for various versions. And also the obvious - how to get it working for Darkness Falls (do we just choose to "copy from" the existing clone for darkness falls for example?)

My thinking is:

1. Install HDHQ modlets on server (I just FTP them up to the mods folder). However, I believe that these may not work with Darkness Falls?

2. Install HDHQ 17.4 Experimental version via mod manager for clients, changing "Choose from existing copy (which should be pointed at your vanilla folder)" to "the path that Darkness Falls was installed to" (?)

3. Manually install the modlets on clients (or do these come down in the mod manager along with the core bits and per 1 above, maybe I shouldnt use the modlets anyway due to compatibility issues)?

Basically, what are the steps needed to make HDHQ and Darkness Falls work together!

Sorry, lots of questions and appreciate anyones time responding!

Just wondering if anyone tried a workaround for Xyth Creature pack with bandits and human NPC's had been looked into without changing all the XML's to be added alongside DF

or Khaine, if you thought about adding your own bandits back into your mod for maybe A19 or A20. Just curious. And thanks for the continued work on your mod.

The bandits are back in. They're not common, but they are back. :) Look for folks wearing bandana's over their faces.

Hey. I warn you, google translation. I really liked the mod, interesting. But I have accumulated a few WHY?

Why aren't there new cars? There are so many bdubyah mods.

Craft mods for machines require a lot of resources, ok, but what do you get in the end, a minimum of changes ((.

Why can't I build storage-storage-storage or turbo-turbo-turbo?

Why lvl 250?

Why can't I find the parts of the helicopter? They are not anywhere, yes yes zombie demons - a biker, a worker, a skater.

Why does plastic need boiled water? I'm not going to eat it, don’t worry.

Why there was a latent infection, which did not occur until it reaches 50%. If so, ok, but if it’s a mistake, fix it.

Mistakes

Advanset Brass Ketcher from steel cartridges catches brass sleeves - magic.

Batteries are not charged by either the generator or the solar panel.

Sci 2 the door is not set correctly; it goes halfway into the block.

The silencer does not work with Coilguns, even when you shoot from far away, everyone hears.

The latest version of the mod is installed on the server and client, but the armored glass is still not made in the Advancet furnace.

Multitool does not raise wheels when parsing wheels.

Radio does not make music.

My desires

Zombie bosses Hippos are very slow, they need to make a constant speed running nightmare, with any server settings.

Add heavy power armor with fire resistance, but high stamina consumption.

I need a nuclear reactor. There is uranium, plutonium, titanium, radiation protection - wtf.

I really want a 3D printer for crafting new machines.

Demonic armor - 100% protection from fire, but at least from physical blows, is made of demons.

Forbid to melt coins - brass is very much.

Wow, you read to the end.

Will try to reply to these in order for you.

Because we don't need a million cars.

I assume you mean mods for vehicles? The fact I put mods for vehicles in at ALL should be a surprise.

Because there's a DLL-defined limit on storage. If a vehicle goes too fast, the world doesn't load in time and you fall off.

Because you don't need higher than level 250.

The gyrocopter/helicopter is a rare drop off demons.

I think that's a vanilla recipe. I looked it up IRL and you need to use water or cooking oil to make your own plastic. Murky water would probably work though.

There isn't a latent infection.

Brass catcher and steel bullets is something I can't fix. It's a bug we have to live with.

Battery bug was fixed in 2.5.

Doors and a few other things are offset because TFP changed something in 18.3 and I haven't looked into fixing it yet.

Silencer and P225 are fixed locally for V2.51 (not released yet and needs further testing)

Bulletproof glass is also fixed locally.

Not sure what you mean on the multitool.

Radio isn't inteded to play music. It's for the time and crafting quests.

Bosses aren't getting a speed increase. They used to be faster and players complained they were getting one-shot.

Honestly i'd probably just add a small fire resistance to the normal power armour. It makes sense.

I tried adding a nuclear generator. I broke the game. I'm not good enough with C# to do it, unlike the guy who made starvation. ;)

Not planning to add a 3D printer. Don't see the point really.

Probably wouldn't add demonic armour.

The only way to stop players melting coins would be to change the material they are made from. However I do have a plan for encouraging players to spend their money.

Yes. I read to the end. ;)

hello i have a server in 4NETPLAYER and wanted to know how can i put this mod on the server please

If anyone can help me

First page. Manual install instructions.

It's basically the same for a server.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Thanks forums for not telling me there were further posts.

Also, we're on page 300! Woo!

Hi - thought i might post here as well as in the HDHQ thread to see if i can get some guidance.

First off, this mod is great so I'll tip my cap there as there has clearly been a lot of effort go into this, it's lots of fun, slows down progression a bit and generally makes you work harder for stuff which i love!

We would like to try this with the HDHQ mod in simple terms to pretty up the graphics in the game. I've read that DF should work with it but after hours of reading i have to admit, i'm still a little confused over which bits are compatible and what versions will work!

We're running Darkness Falls at the moment, 18.4. Could someone give some fairly simple guidance on how they have got HDHQ to work with Darkness Falls? Fairly new to the idea of mods, loving DF so far though but think the graphical enhancements here would really look good.

We've used the mod manager to get Darkness Falls installed for client and the server had a pre-select option for Darkness Falls, just not entirely sure how we go about putting HDHQ on as they both seem to overwrite core files (or maybe they don't?). I'm savvy for FTP etc. to upload, but not sure which the right download would be for 18.4 for clients as the mod launcher refers to either 17.3 or 17.4 experimental for HDHQ, although i have found manual downloads elsewhere for various versions. And also the obvious - how to get it working for Darkness Falls (do we just choose to "copy from" the existing clone for darkness falls for example?)

My thinking is:

1. Install HDHQ modlets on server (I just FTP them up to the mods folder). However, I believe that these may not work with Darkness Falls?

2. Install HDHQ 17.4 Experimental version via mod manager for clients, changing "Choose from existing copy (which should be pointed at your vanilla folder)" to "the path that Darkness Falls was installed to" (?)

3. Manually install the modlets on clients (or do these come down in the mod manager along with the core bits and per 1 above, maybe I shouldnt use the modlets anyway due to compatibility issues)?

Basically, what are the steps needed to make HDHQ and Darkness Falls work together!

Sorry, lots of questions and appreciate anyones time responding!

Okay, so I believe SOME of HDHQ works. I think the lighting and the trees work. The textures don't because when the game was updated to Unity 2018, it broke the tools we need to use to import assets back into the resource.assets file.

They would have to be installed on the server AND the client though. :)

would the mnd500 helicopter mod and servertools work ok with this?

Helicopter, probably not.

Server tools works fine from what i've been told.

Hello KhaineGB,

I tried your mod in Alpha 17 and I liked that. I see your mod now uses Xyth's NPC mod. That's cool, but I wonder, do you have some advanced quests that involve these NPCs or do you plan to add some in the future? I would definitely try the mod again if and when you implement some quests like that. Personally I think this game needed them like yesteryear...

So I'm getting 'Failed to Instatiate' errors whenever 'blue' zombies are on my screen.

I'll be playing and if I go into Winter zone or when blood moons happen the F1 menu pops open to let me know that I suck at Instatiating objects.

I've performed delete-completes and reinstalled a few times. I even uninstalled from Steam and deleted my 7D2D directory, then reinstalled and used the mod manager to apply Darkness Falls. That last one actually worked for a few days. I was able to see the glowing blue zombies without error.

However, the error returned again for no apparent reason.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

Any idea which file those blue guys are buried in?

Re HDHQ he recommended against it. I was looking at it just before v2.5 and he said to steer away. But you can use HDHQ particles without issue he said they were ok. I also put in the plants after reading some posts from Khaine and Donovan because I love what the plants do to the game. They seem to work fine and I even use HDHQ pickup plants only.

Re HDHQ he recommended against it. I was looking at it just before v2.5 and he said to steer away. But you can use HDHQ particles without issue he said they were ok. I also put in the plants after reading some posts from Khaine and Donovan because I love what the plants do to the game. They seem to work fine and I even use HDHQ pickup plants only.

I'm running HDHQ 18.4b4 Lighting, Plants - Wind, Particles, and all the Biome Packs with DF and have no issues. HDHQ Textures are a nogo at this time unfortunately.

I'm running HDHQ 18.4b4 Lighting, Plants - Wind, Particles, and all the Biome Packs with DF and have no issues. HDHQ Textures are a nogo at this time unfortunately.

that's good to know thanks. I only said what I did because the author said don't do it but maybe things have changed since a couple few months ago. I'm looking forward to trying them.

Hey. Thank you for answering my questions.

You say that there is no latent infection, ok, but it does not appear until it reaches 50 +%.

There is no information on the screen, then this is a mistake. She appeared only on high lvl.

The battery does not work for me, I find only quality - (minus) from cars, ok, I can produce 50 quality, but I get it when crafting - (minus).

They do not charge. I tried to manufacture both in the chemical station and autobench. Why is the quality not displayed when the battery is low?

If there is no new transport, then a 3D printer is not needed, you are right).

It’s possible not to make fire resistance resistive to armor, but to add a mod for armor that does it. Made from demonics.

For example, each mod gives 5% resistance to fire, if you insert 5 mods, then in general 25%.

If the demon spat and arson, it is not possible to put out the fire, even if you drink a lot. If hit and arson, it works.

You can choose only one of the boosts in the technology branch, that’s right. But I would like to try another option.

Reset the value of technology to zero, and choose another option, paying for it with health, resources.

Thanks for your work, that’s cool.

Hello KhaineGB,

I tried your mod in Alpha 17 and I liked that. I see your mod now uses Xyth's NPC mod. That's cool, but I wonder, do you have some advanced quests that involve these NPCs or do you plan to add some in the future? I would definitely try the mod again if and when you implement some quests like that. Personally I think this game needed them like yesteryear...

I need to have a look at what they're doing with the NPC's, but probably. :)

I have been using sphereii's new dialogue system to add more options to traders though.

7_Days_To_Die-22-25-01-14-03.jpg

7_Days_To_Die-22-25-11-14-03.jpg

So I'm getting 'Failed to Instatiate' errors whenever 'blue' zombies are on my screen.

I'll be playing and if I go into Winter zone or when blood moons happen the F1 menu pops open to let me know that I suck at Instatiating objects.

I've performed delete-completes and reinstalled a few times. I even uninstalled from Steam and deleted my 7D2D directory, then reinstalled and used the mod manager to apply Darkness Falls. That last one actually worked for a few days. I was able to see the glowing blue zombies without error.

However, the error returned again for no apparent reason.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

Any idea which file those blue guys are buried in?

You can disable them in entitygroups. I believe it's zombieXXXFrozen.

Anyone know if there is a way to get the "Stay Clear" mod (https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/...wn-18-3-tested) working with Darkness Falls, or edit the install to similar effect? I've really wanted to have a server game with no loot or zombie respawn. Setting the loot to like 10000 days will work, but stopping respawn in POIs is another issue entirely.

Had a quick look. It's harmony only.

So what you'd do is download vanilla, download the DMT tool. Patch THAT mod onto vanilla with the DMT tool. That'll generate a Mods/Stay Clear folder.

Copy that Stay Clear folder into DF and it'll apply. :) DF is already patched to read DMT mods.

Hey. Thank you for answering my questions.

You say that there is no latent infection, ok, but it does not appear until it reaches 50 +%.

There is no information on the screen, then this is a mistake. She appeared only on high lvl.

The battery does not work for me, I find only quality - (minus) from cars, ok, I can produce 50 quality, but I get it when crafting - (minus).

They do not charge. I tried to manufacture both in the chemical station and autobench. Why is the quality not displayed when the battery is low?

If there is no new transport, then a 3D printer is not needed, you are right).

It’s possible not to make fire resistance resistive to armor, but to add a mod for armor that does it. Made from demonics.

For example, each mod gives 5% resistance to fire, if you insert 5 mods, then in general 25%.

If the demon spat and arson, it is not possible to put out the fire, even if you drink a lot. If hit and arson, it works.

You can choose only one of the boosts in the technology branch, that’s right. But I would like to try another option.

Reset the value of technology to zero, and choose another option, paying for it with health, resources.

Thanks for your work, that’s cool.

It should appear as soon as you get infected. It has been for me, but will test.

I'll double check the battery, but I removed quality tiers from it which other users reported fixed the issue.

I like your idea of a fire resistance mod using demonic essence :) I will look into that.

Not putting out fire when drinking is a bug. I will fix it.

The tech/bio thing is supposed to be something you pick when you play, so there's a reason to restart and pick the other path. I will look into an admin-only item for folks who really want to test that out.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Okay, so I believe SOME of HDHQ works. I think the lighting and the trees work. The textures don't because when the game was updated to Unity 2018, it broke the tools we need to use to import assets back into the resource.assets file.

They would have to be installed on the server AND the client though. :)

For A18 only the lighting in terms of resources.assets will work and I specifically mention the build in the title on nexus.

Lighting is only required client side.

All the other modlets, apart from the gun skins/spotlight IIRC still work fine and are required on server/client.

IHTH.

Edited by DUST2DEATH (see edit history)

For A18 only the lighting in terms of resources.assets will work and I specifically mention the build in the title on nexus.

Lighting is only required client side.

All the other modlets, apart from the gun skins/spotlight IIRC still work fine and are required on server/client.

IHTH.

Thanks for the note - i did last night put the .assets file over and tried some of the modlets. All looks good so hope to push this to the server tonight!

Guessing no-one found a way to deal with tree's going to 1hp? I found this happens in reverse as well - starting a new game with the modlet and then removing it causes the new vanilla trees that appear to have 1 hp as well. Putting the modlet back on reverts them to full HP. Guessing you know this and I'll shut up now anyway as this is the DF thread.

Thanks to both Authors for input!

Thanks for the note - i did last night put the .assets file over and tried some of the modlets. All looks good so hope to push this to the server tonight!

Guessing no-one found a way to deal with tree's going to 1hp? I found this happens in reverse as well - starting a new game with the modlet and then removing it causes the new vanilla trees that appear to have 1 hp as well. Putting the modlet back on reverts them to full HP. Guessing you know this and I'll shut up now anyway as this is the DF thread.

Thanks to both Authors for input!

Yes this isnt something I can solve. TFP have also had this issue during an update. It purely comes down to existing saves and already explored areas/chunks vs unexplored. The issue will not happen in unexplored areas and will not happen with new "clean" games.