Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

guys i dont remember very well and it's hard to find it myself

i know there are lead, coal,iron nodes

i dont remember if there are brass and titanium nodes in the world?

There are titanium!

And brass, melt the money, enough!

Yes, and parts, radiators, and other garbage!

Anyone have success running this on linux? I'm on Mint 19.3

For a short recap, I installed:

a) the 18.4 version straight on top of my latest_experimental

=> results: consumes memory like no other, "solved" with lowest graphics settings and texture streaming off (as per this thread)

=> once running, crashes to desktop within a minute or two. Doesn't go OOM, just dies.

=> I think the log was mostly showing an "orphan" unhandled exception at the end. (lost the logs due to step b)

b) I figured 18.3 version might be more stable, so, fresh install of 18.3 stable, 18.3 version of mod on top of that

=> crashes to desktop upon entering world.

This crash was identical 3/3 tries, so I figured I'd try to narrow it down.. ended up with:

"removing SphereiiCore from /Mods/ eliminates the crash".

That looks like it's core functionality for the mod though, so not necessarily all that useful, but that's where I'm at right now.

I downloaded the 18.3 version of that mod, it seems somewhat different via KDiff, some of it was just "setup" for Darkness Falls, some of it was additions to AI routines or some such.. haven't tried yet, but I might try to frankenmerge some of those two - unless someone can point me towards a more, errh, sane solution.. :)

I'm not exactly expecting anything from anyone, but some pointers or shared experiences would be awesome :)

Works fine on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (tested on my dual boot desktop + my dedicated server). I'm not a linux nerd though (no offense) so no messing about with the console. Just downloaded and installed steam, downloaded the game, applied the mod, done.

All behemoths, demons and night stalkers are fine. That issue DID exist on 18.4/DF V2.51 (in the experimental branch) but I updated that on... monday I think? I don't remember. Last few days have been a blur. But I managed to fix it on that branch.

Running 18.4(b3) (Sorry should have mentioned that in my first post)

But redownloaded the mod and installed and it fixed the problem. Thanks so much for an amazing mod and the support

Awesome. :) Glad that fixed it.

Files do not download! Error 429 on the download page!

Try a VPN. Gitlab is sometimes... a pain. There's also a mirror on nexus now.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files

guys i dont remember very well and it's hard to find it myself

i know there are lead, coal,iron nodes

i dont remember if there are brass and titanium nodes in the world?

Titanium exists in the wasteland as an above-ground node. There's some texture issues with the underground ore that I need to fix though, just FYI.

Brass does not have a node.

I'm running it in ubuntu 19.10 by wine-staging with dvxk.

It consumes an insane amount of memory (around 16 GB) in the large map.

The ppa for mesa is https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/+archive/ubuntu/mesa, wine-staging from here https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu and dvxk from here https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases

The options I use to launch the game are

It runs a little bit slower than vanilla (more slower in wasteland) but playable

I'm now with the last experimental of DF but I was in the stable too and also works.

PD.

mesa_glthread=true only works in the Mesa drivers (RadeonSI, R600, Nouveau, Intel). If you're using nvidia closed drivers the options is __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATION. You can set it to 1 to force it on, or 0 to turn it off and had no effect with vulkan

Thank you! I think I'll end up pursuing the ubuntu route, since I already have a side boot of that going, and wine ... argh. I've gotten things to work via it, but it's always a project and a half... :) For completeness though, that's a windows version of the game as well then?

The memory will be an issue, I have 16G in atm.. I might throw in a couple older sticks to see how terrible the perf is with CL9 stuff.. not necessarily worth it in the long run, but I got free slots, so, might be time to invest anyway (RTX 2060 - level stuffs otherwise, just never ran into actual memory issues until now.. :) )

But yeah, thanks :)

Works fine on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (tested on my dual boot desktop + my dedicated server). I'm not a linux nerd though (no offense) so no messing about with the console. Just downloaded and installed steam, downloaded the game, applied the mod, done.

Excellent, sounds too simple to be true :) Will have to check it out, and probably bite the bullet and swap to using ubuntu more anyway .. I already have an install of it for Blender since it just works there, no such luck with Minty (CUDA detection issues.. workarounds, bubble gum, duct tape, sure, but out-of-the-box on Ubuntu .. ).

I can't figure out how to get offended by getting called a nerd nowadays, even though I don't count myself as one... :)

Thank you! :)

VPN did not help!

The link also does not work.

I'm trying through the mod launcher!

Given that plenty of people have downloaded and installed the mod (and the mod launcher uses the same link as the first post), it works fine. It's something with your internet/ISP.

Simple as that.

Thank you! I think I'll end up pursuing the ubuntu route, since I already have a side boot of that going, and wine ... argh. I've gotten things to work via it, but it's always a project and a half... For completeness though, that's a windows version of the game as well then?

The memory will be an issue, I have 16G in atm.. I might throw in a couple older sticks to see how terrible the perf is with CL9 stuff.. not necessarily worth it in the long run, but I got free slots, so, might be time to invest anyway (RTX 2060 - level stuffs otherwise, just never ran into actual memory issues until now.. :) )

Excellent, sounds too simple to be true :) Will have to check it out, and probably bite the bullet and swap to using ubuntu more anyway .. I already have an install of it for Blender since it just works there, no such luck with Minty (CUDA detection issues.. workarounds, bubble gum, duct tape, sure, but out-of-the-box on Ubuntu .. ).

I can't figure out how to get offended by getting called a nerd nowadays, even though I don't count myself as one... :)

Thank you! :)

I mean, i'm probably more of a nerd... I was doing this today...

static IEnumerable<CodeInstruction> Transpiler(IEnumerable<CodeInstruction> instructions)
       {
           int counter = 0;

// Grab all the instructions
           var codes = new List<CodeInstruction>(instructions);
           for (int i = 0; i < codes.Count; i++)
           {
               if (codes[i].opcode == OpCodes.Ldc_I4_S) // This targets the IL that sets 20
               {
                   counter++;
                   Khaine_EntityZombie_Logger.Log("Adjusting 20 to 100"); 

codes[i].operand = 100;
                   Khaine_EntityZombie_Logger.Log("Done with 20 to 100");
               }
           }
           return codes.AsEnumerable();
       }

So yeah. I can't talk. ;)

I mean, i'm probably more of a nerd... I was doing this today...

static IEnumerable<CodeInstruction> Transpiler(IEnumerable<CodeInstruction> instructions)
{
int counter = 0;

// Grab all the instructions
var codes = new List<CodeInstruction>(instructions);
for (int i = 0; i < codes.Count; i++)
{
if (codes[i].opcode == OpCodes.Ldc_I4_S) // This targets the IL that sets 20
{
counter++;
Khaine_EntityZombie_Logger.Log("Adjusting 20 to 100");

codes[i].operand = 100;
Khaine_EntityZombie_Logger.Log("Done with 20 to 100");
}
}
return codes.AsEnumerable();
}

So yeah. I can't talk. ;)

In the nerdyness scale... I can read that, and the thing that inevitably pops to mind is ... bubble gum :) I have no idea what you're really doing, but I'm betting aiming for maintainability is not high on that list ... :)

Thank you! I think I'll end up pursuing the ubuntu route, since I already have a side boot of that going, and wine ... argh. I've gotten things to work via it, but it's always a project and a half... :) For completeness though, that's a windows version of the game as well then?

Yes, is the windows version.

About ubuntu vs mint...in theory you don't must have problems using the ubuntu repositories in mint. At the end mint is ubuntu based distro, only thing is you must used the repositories of the version of ubuntu that your mint is based. In fact in the wine page you can see that the instruction for mint 19.x are the same for ubuntu 18.04

[TABLE="class: wikitable, width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD]Ubuntu 18.04

Linux Mint 19.x[/TD]
			[TD]sudo apt-add-repository 'deb [url]https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/[/url] bionic main'[/TD]
		[/TR]
[/TABLE]

The mesa ppa allways gives support for mint and talk about specific ways to mint in the instructions

to Mint users (info provided by Tomasz Molin)

If you're on Linux Mint and you want to ppa-purge, you need to specify the corresponding Ubuntu version of your version of Mint.

For example, Linux Mint 18 is xenial xerus.

So, the command would be:

sudo ppa-purge -d xenial ppa:paulo-miguel-dias/mesa

The dxvk is independent of linux versions, is *only* a replace for some wine dlls

About the ram notes that is with the large DF map, with the medium or small the memory is not that high and your 16 GB should be enough. I use the large because there was a problem in medium with distant terrain when I started my game but this is solved now according the change log.

Edited by RBN (see edit history)

In the nerdyness scale... I can read that, and the thing that inevitably pops to mind is ... bubble gum :) I have no idea what you're really doing, but I'm betting aiming for maintainability is not high on that list ... :)

It's a harmony patch to adjust the max height zombies "read" for fall damage from 20 blocks to 100. :)

hi was wondering how long until the a18.3 server download will be working again?

It's a problem with gitlab. There's a mirror on nexus.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files

I'm considering setting up a private git repo on my server.

Nothing. It just shows she's a Feral Screamer. :)

ah ok. I thought you did something crazy and gave her a resurrection ability =p I had 2 of the black dresses and 2 or 3 of the white in front of me on a horde day 21 and got stuck in this weird loop that felt like they were resurrecting. I guess they just weren't dying and I had a big wack of ferals and they wiped me ^^ good times

Holy shazbutt. Day 5, warrior difficulty, was wrenching some cars outside a Shotgun Messiah. I wasn't planning on going in, just angling for oil and such.

I think 'they' must've heard me. And by they I mean: 3 Feral cops, 4 Feral football players, 2 Feral Big Mommas, 2 Feral Motorbike dudes, and a half dozen other assorted zombies - ALL Feral.

So um, yeah...not sure what they tore through faster - the wall of the building, or my miserable, scrawny hide. 2.5k hours of 7D2D under my belt and I don't think I've ever been so thoroughly overwhelmed and humiliated..

If it takes me an entire day, I will kill them all! :bull_head::hopelessness:

Currently having an error only when trying to join my friend hosting this mod. It gets stuck on recieving and loading config during the loading screen and spams this message with the time ticking up.

https://gyazo.com/7d6db5cb82cd01a1fdd9267b294f3393

Can anyone help? I've attempted reinstalling, verifying cache and reinstalling the mod files, join other vanilla AND darkness falls servers just fine, and she reset her server, built it from scratch again, and sent me the version of the mod she was using. I also cleared out my saves and other files in %appdata%, so I'm at a loss of what to do. One of my other friends can join her just fine with the mod, so not quite sure what's going on for me.

Is it intentional that you can't mix and match hazmat and power armor to protect against the radiation?

I only ask, as I'm almost level 150 and have yet to find hazmat gloves(found at least 10 of the rest of the hazmat gear). I managed to get power armor gloves from a random demon and thought I'd be fine going into the wasteland, but I still got radiation damage.

Edited by Kresdja (see edit history)

Hello KhaineGB

Maybe already asked, but, does log traps are more like some kind of decorating now? Deals 20dmg no matter wood, iron or steel, and do not slow movement.

They're exactly the same as they were in earlier alphas. I haven't adjusted the numbers, just put the recipes back.

Lets investigate, and compare blocks.xml from 17 and 18 Alphas mod versions:

A17

<block name="steelLogSpike6"> <!-- log spike 6 Steel -->
   <property name="Class" value="TrunkTip"/>
   <property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>
   <property name="Damage" [color=#f1c40f][b]value="40"[/b][/color]/>
</block>

A18

<block name="steelLogSpike6"> <!-- log spike 6 Steel -->
   <property name="Class" value="TrunkTip"/>
   <property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>
   <property name="Damage" [color=#f39c12][b]value="7"[/b][/color]/>
</block>

Overall damage changes with upgrade:

A17 - 10 - 15 - 20 - 25 - 30 - 40

A18 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 7 !

So truth is - Its not in changes list, but log spikes are for decorations purposes now :smug:. Looks like trolling of players who relied too much on passive defence when plays previous versions.

P.S. Mod is great anyway

Good lord man, this is no joke. I usually play insanity, full nightmare and then I met DF. Night 1 I see radiated?? I cowered within the safety of the trader

guards until light and dropped difficulty to warrior. 3 days later learned using a the scrap pistol in the wild brings all the zeds to my yard. Whacked 2x trying to clear a L2 POI. On the way back a 3rd time to get my BP I run into this unholy thing that was in all black that had 900 HP. Dead again.

I'll be dropping down to default settings next session. This is great, I haven't been challenged like this in forever. I didn't think I was going to like classes, but ive quickly become a convert and the way you handled skills in general. All good stuff so far. Thanks for the great work!

This is great, I haven't been challenged like this in forever. I didn't think I was going to like classes, but ive quickly become a convert and the way you handled skills in general. All good stuff so far. Thanks for the great work!

I turned mine down a bit as well. I enjoyed the challenge but didn't like the bullet sponge aspect it introduces (not the mod's issue at all). I'll likely increase it again once my weapons get too strong. Only thing really killing me are ferals now that get the jump on me.