Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Our group is playing on DFalls-Large map and we are to the point were we need to find the Big Bunker in the radioactive wasteland. We've already run the Survivalist EVE quests that took me out to the burned zone well bunker (which was terrific). I was hoping the next quest would show me where the Big Bunker location is but it looks like EVE just resends me on her first mission.

This map is HUGE. Seems to be wasteland all around the border and driving a vehicle off road in the wasteland is, at best, slow going. It's a lot of ground to cover on foot or on vehicle to find the military tent encampment.

Can anyone give a hint as toward the base location in the DFalls-Large map?

Hello,

Is there any tip/setting you recommend for playing with 4-6 players?

I set up a dedicated server and this mod is amazing!

However, on day 28. We keep getting destroyed!

Massive zombies, and hard zombies.

Our bae is actually trader Rekt base too, with the guards.

Also,

I'm a farmer. I tried growing Apple Tree, Banana Trees, Coconuts Tree. It said on your main page that the only plant that isn't tree needs water.

Yet these apple, orange, coconuts, banana trees, isn't growing. Am I doing something wrong?

Decrease the amount of bloodmoon zombies, cos it's on a per-player basis.

Trees take a while to grow. Make sure they're on dirt.

Or do the mod logs end up somewhere else?

Are any of the premade worlds more up to date than the others? I've been playing on DF Small 3 and 4, which work fine, but recently tried DF Small 2 and started getting instantiation errors after going near the trader.

Your error is because ONLY 6k and 8k work.

If you're getting errors near the trader, you've somehow got an old version of the mod. Install and use STABLE. Do not use experimental.

Can anyone give a hint as toward the base location in the DFalls-Large map?

It's in one of the corners. Don't remember which, but there's 2... one in one corner, one in the opposite corner. I think it should be semi-close to a road.

Your error is because ONLY 6k and 8k work.

If you're getting errors near the trader, you've somehow got an old version of the mod. Install and use STABLE. Do not use experimental.

Strange, I can't choose 6k with the mod installed. Oh well, 8k works for me

I was using the mod loader so maybe that somehow got the wrong version, but I'll just switch to the manual install then. Thank you!

Trees take a while to grow. Make sure they're on dirt.

Sorry I know Ive posted this a few times but I just found this thread. MODS Dont Beat me...

With apple trees just plant them in ground or do you need a farm plot to grow them (or either)

Im having troubles with farm plots I made a 5x5 with a rain catcher in the middle. I left the 4 blocks around the catcher empty to hold the water overflow but my crops still says seeds not growing after 4 days game time. I made the rain catcher the same level as the plots, 1 level lower and 2 levels lower.

Any top secret tips on what Im screwing up?

Love the mod.

Thanks! I set the blood moon from 9 to 5. Hopefully, that's enough?

Would you recommend this mod be play on server difficulty 2?

Do you recommend playing this mod with the pre-gen?

I didn't know there was pre-gen world for this mod so we did random gen.

We're thinking about restarting if it shows off most of the feature this mod offer?

hi i am running this mod on my server been trying 10k map but players keep getting kicked off with this error [TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Warning[/TD]

[TD]NET: LiteNetLib: SendData requested for unknown client EntityID=xxx, PlayerID='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', OwnerID='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', PlayerName='xxxxx'[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

it's pretty hard to play when you keep getting disconnected every 30 mins is there a fix for this?

With apple trees just plant them in ground or do you need a farm plot to grow them (or either)

Im having troubles with farm plots I made a 5x5 with a rain catcher in the middle. I left the 4 blocks around the catcher empty to hold the water overflow but my crops still says seeds not growing after 4 days game time. I made the rain catcher the same level as the plots, 1 level lower and 2 levels lower.

maybe I can help.

make the plots a 4x4 square with a channel on the outside for water to test, that's the max reach for a rain catcher right now. Give the water a day or two to accumulate and water your plots. Growing takes water and it needs to replenish. You can add another rain catcher in an opposite corner of the 4x4 square to help. If you don't use rain catchers and manually fill around the plots you will see how the water goes down over time and would need constant refilling. Your method of a hole in the middle of a 5x5 should work but 4x4 plots with channels would probably be more efficient if you do a lot of farming.

I am not sure if trees needs fertile soil. You don't have to use farm plots but you do need dirt. Test with a hoe to see if trees need fertile soil. Right click with the hoe to till the dirt. You can tell if you did it right when the plot is green with a seed in hand. It will be red if the plot was not tilled / fertilized.

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

It's in one of the corners. Don't remember which, but there's 2... one in one corner, one in the opposite corner. I think it should be semi-close to a road.

Thanks!

We found one of them last night. Great gaming session.

Picked up some laser weapons (swords & pistols), which was great, but there was no Laser Multi-Tool in the work bench. Was there supposed to be? Also, we scraped the place clean but didn't find one in a bench or container either.

Was there something we were supposed to do with the blue portal? We destroyed it, and somehow it got into my buddies inventory. He placed it back down and interacted with it and it disappeared for good.

So, still without the laser multi-tool.

Edited by Pwnocchio (see edit history)

Strange, I can't choose 6k with the mod installed. Oh well, 8k works for me

I was using the mod loader so maybe that somehow got the wrong version, but I'll just switch to the manual install then. Thank you!

Try it from the random gen previewer, which I think is under editing tools. Pretty sure 6k is an option there.

Sorry I know Ive posted this a few times but I just found this thread. MODS Dont Beat me...

Love the mod.

That's odd. I normally have the rain catcher 2 down and dig out under the crops so the water flows under them. Worked every time.

Thanks! I set the blood moon from 9 to 5. Hopefully, that's enough?

Would you recommend this mod be play on server difficulty 2?

Do you recommend playing this mod with the pre-gen?

I didn't know there was pre-gen world for this mod so we did random gen.

We're thinking about restarting if it shows off most of the feature this mod offer?

I mean, I play on warrior, which I think is difficulty 3 on servers. 2 should be fine. :)

Pre-gen is better than rwg/nitrogen because I know the POI's you need are absolutely there.

hi i am running this mod on my server been trying 10k map but players keep getting kicked off with this error

Warning NET: LiteNetLib: SendData requested for unknown client EntityID=xxx, PlayerID='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', OwnerID='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx', PlayerName='xxxxx'

it's pretty hard to play when you keep getting disconnected every 30 mins is there a fix for this?

Server or client is running out of RAM. Monitor RAM usage on both, consider using a smaller map.

Does this mod still have "Painting Decorations"? book from trader? I can't seem to find it.

I mean, I don't remember removing it... so I assume so?

Picked up some laser weapons (swords & pistols), which was great, but there was no Laser Multi-Tool in the work bench. Was there supposed to be? Also, we scraped the place clean but didn't find one in a bench or container either.

Was there something we were supposed to do with the blue portal? We destroyed it, and somehow it got into my buddies inventory. He placed it back down and interacted with it and it disappeared for good.

So, still without the laser multi-tool.

You shouldn't have been able to pick it up, but I hear that's a bug with the game and indestructable blocks (which the portal is sitting on). You don't actually need it for anything, it's just to spawn the zombies.

Pretty sure T5 buried supplies quests have a chance of multi tool. :)

You shouldn't have been able to pick it up, but I hear that's a bug with the game and indestructable blocks (which the portal is sitting on). You don't actually need it for anything, it's just to spawn the zombies.

Pretty sure T5 buried supplies quests have a chance of multi tool. :)

Excellent.

Thank you very much.

We might start over for the pre-gen.

Is there any recommend pre-gen for 4-6 player?

we love big map.

If I want to set up to a dedicated server. (i have one set up, not sure how to set up pre-gen map on server config setting)

Should we stick with default setting, raise max zombie, max animal?

How do I pick a pre-gen?

Edited by bsan89 (see edit history)

That's odd. I normally have the rain catcher 2 down and dig out under the crops so the water flows under them. Worked every time.

1781170232_day33.jpg.ee278103e9e0bc061122d81e0c6322e8.jpg1355193875_day24.jpg.61091fe094c47e5c25f72cf8e30a6f5a.jpg1400203122_day28.jpg.8acd7810aca80562bcfd9a23590870ad.jpg

he is some experimenting im doing over a 9 day period. The middle one was my first build, third one was second (neither got any water over a 4 day period.) The first pic was my latest try it had water but still no crops building. :(

Hello Khaine.

(1) The armor shredder ammo mod seems to not work on multiplayer but does in single player. In single player when i shoot at military zombies with shotgun without mod they take no damage and with mod on they take damage. In multiplayer it does not matter if the mod is on or off, they still take no damage with a shotgun. Why is this happening ?

(2) The perk "The Survivor" seems to not increase the duration of the consumables.

Thank you.

'Lo again!

I tried out the farmer class and am a little unsure on the details of farming - the journal entry doesn't seem to be working, with the text displaying whatever I previously had selected in the journal.

Is there a reason to use the farm plot block instead of hoeing the ground? At first I thought the hoe was farmer exclusive while the plot was what everyone else used, but then I noticed the plot also requires a recipe or farmer perk.

I kinda disliked how expensive the block was at first, but came to like how it affected my gameplay. The plot requires a bunch of resources from corpses, so it encouraged me to go out and fight zombies in order to expand my farm. I wouldn't even mind if it was the main method for farming... but with the hoe, plot blocks seem to be unnecessary. Or do they have some long term advantage, like growing plants faster or not needing water?

I love this mod! The most fun I've had in a game since....Fallout 3!

my 3rd playthrough, first 2 times were on Nitrogen maps...this time on the #1 Med map (which was also Nitrogen I think)

so far, so great! I'm on the latest experimental 2.51 b2 and wondering why I need to use Debug Mode to re-stock the trader inventory/quests?

I didn't after updating and it seems OK, but maybe I'm missing something...

Thank you for all the work you put into this. I really enjoy the progression, build up and balance of challenge and reward.

Hey guys,

I'm resetting my dedicated server. After learning about pre-gen is the way to play this mod. (Which Dfalls-Small should I play?)

We are playing on bluefangserver. They recommend playing on server map 8192 x 8192 or smaller. They charge $30 a month for map 12k or bigger. (not sure if my 4-6 player server will ever explore more than 8k of map)

Is there any server setting you recommend to play on? I normally play everything on default. Except for bloodmoon since we keep getting wipe after bloodmoon day 21.

<property name="GameDifficulty" value="2"/> <!-- 0 - 5, 0=easiest, 5=hardest -->

<property name="XPMultiplier" value="100" /> <!-- XP gain multiplier (percentage in whole numbers) -->

<property name="DayNightLength" value="60" /> <!-- real time minutes per in game day: 60 minutes -->

<property name="DayLightLength" value="18" /> <!-- in game hours the sun shines per day: 18 hours day light per in game day -->

property name="MaxSpawnedZombies" value="75" /> <!-- This setting covers the entire map. There can only be this many zombies on the entire map at one time.

<property name="MaxSpawnedAnimals" value="50" /> <!-- If your server has a large number of player

<property name="BloodMoonEnemyCount" value="5" /> <!-- This is the number of zombies that can be alive (spawned at the same time) at any time PER PLAYER during a blood moon

<property name="LootAbundance" value="100" /> <!-- percentage in whole numbers -->

<property name="LootRespawnDays" value="32" /> <!-- days in whole numbers -->

<property name="AirDropFrequency" value="72"/> <!-- How often airdrop occur in game-hours, 0 == never -->

<property name="AirDropMarker" value="false"/> <!-- Sets if a marker is added to map/compass for air drops. -->

Thanks!

not sure if this is Darkness Falls related...

On Horde night (98 onwards) I'm getting the occassional "ArgumentException: the object you want to instantiate is null" in the consol as well as "WRN [AugioLog] AudioManager::AudioData::Play() failed to load audio source object for AudioSource_CreatureSenseAlert". Am I the only one? Also interspersed is INF Discarding NetPackagePlayerStats for entiry Id=72718 and 72669

Quitting the main menu results in a NullReferenceException Spam in the consol until finally exiting the game.

what are the Trader Faction Books used for? better pricing? I've had 3-4 so far, Jen and Joel...read Jen twice but didn't notice a difference

(I will eventually figure it out...but maybe this has something to do with not DB-resetting them?)

he is some experimenting im doing over a 9 day period. The middle one was my first build, third one was second (neither got any water over a 4 day period.) The first pic was my latest try it had water but still no crops building. :(

Do the plants close to the rain barrel grow? The ones on the outside probably won't because that isn't enough water for the whole crop. But let us know if the ones close to the water are growing.

Those look like farm plots which I have only use with the irrigation system not a rain barrel actually. Have you tried your system with only fertilized dirt (using the hoe to till)? That could be your problem.

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)