Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Guest Insanitys

Hi KhaineGB.

Love the mod and all the work you put into it!

Question running DF on 18.3 Stable on a dedicated server. If i set server.xml to 120 minute days and 200% loot, during the server boot up it defaults back to 60 minute days and 100%. Which file do i need to edit server side? I have gone digging through most of it and no luck finiding it :(

Have attached the server control panel with folders + the server boot up log.

144120156_DFpics.jpg.26633ffef9b01575d8c438144913b2e3.jpg

Guest Insanitys
Okay, So i do not know what i did wrong here. I downloaded a server from blue fang with darkness falls on it when i launched it i was getting a bunch of errors. i reached out to the support team on blue fang and they told me i needed to download darkness falls on client side. so i proceed to download the link for Darkness Falls Client 18.3. i uninstalled my 7d2d and when i re-downloaded i opened the properties folder and copy and pasted all the un zipped files to my games files. now when i launch 7d2d all i get is a black screen? where in the world did i go wrong. ive been trying to sort this out for three hours now lol

Just use the mod launcher, it's so much easier.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die&highlight=launcher

Edited by Insanitys
Added quote (see edit history)

I have done everything everyone told me to do, i was able to get into the game but the memory hung at 14kmb-16kmb and then crash, i tried a smaller map and the memory stayed at around 10k-13kMB then i got back on my 18.2 version and it stayed at 7kMB to 10kMB and its a medium sized map the only thing i ever done on the version 18.3 DF was change some graphic settings and then it would crash, im doing DF map Medium4 name Touchies18 and again i tried everything you said i tried the page filing different ways turned graphics low (seems to run better) i deleted my save (made a backup) i installed a fresh copy of the game and mod and still same thing over and over, when loading the game it get to a certain point then the memory shoots up to 16kMB from 8k in seconds, i took screenshots of it but i moved a lot of stuff so have to find them now

I have done everything everyone told me to do, i was able to get into the game but the memory hung at 14kmb-16kmb and then crash, i tried a smaller map and the memory stayed at around 10k-13kMB then i got back on my 18.2 version and it stayed at 7kMB to 10kMB and its a medium sized map the only thing i ever done on the version 18.3 DF was change some graphic settings and then it would crash, im doing DF map Medium4 name Touchies18 and again i tried everything you said i tried the page filing different ways turned graphics low (seems to run better) i deleted my save (made a backup) i installed a fresh copy of the game and mod and still same thing over and over, when loading the game it get to a certain point then the memory shoots up to 16kMB from 8k in seconds, i took screenshots of it but i moved a lot of stuff so have to find them now

Set memory paging to automatical + lower textures and turn off texture streaming - if turned on, game throw memory to ram, not gpu memory

Hi KhaineGB.

I made the laser battery mod which say in description "melee and archery" but I can't install it in any bow or crossbow.

Is a bug or an error in description?

I might have messed up the tags. Will have a look later since I also need to apparently look into a random NRE.

Hi KhaineGB.

Love the mod and all the work you put into it!

Question running DF on 18.3 Stable on a dedicated server. If i set server.xml to 120 minute days and 200% loot, during the server boot up it defaults back to 60 minute days and 100%. Which file do i need to edit server side? I have gone digging through most of it and no luck finiding it :(

Have attached the server control panel with folders + the server boot up log.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31380[/ATTACH]

That error isn't actually an error. It's just an "information" thing. It's saying you have day length set to 120 mins (when the default is 60) and loot abundance set to 200 (instead of 100), therefore it's considered a "modded" server.

So it's definitely set and applied the settings you wanted.

As mentioned in the patch notes, medium maps use a LOT MORE RAM due to the fact they're nitrogen maps. If you can't get them to run when fiddling with your virtual memory settings, don't use medium maps. Stick to small.

ah ic ty. my confusion came from the tooltip, it still says you can set zeds on fire.

yeah that's just Ravenhearst. they look like crickets on the tooltip icon and you need to use the small personal workbench from the start to do anything.

Master Survivalist lets you make a Survivalist torch that you can use as a weapon. At least, when I tried it in 18.2 it worked that way. I assume it hasn't been changed. I'm not sure if tooltips on vanilla items can be changed or not.

SPOILER ALERT!

Don't watch it, if you don't wanna see something before you see ^^

Hello @KhaineGB, why zombies don't spawn? I would like to farm some of it :/

I killed everyone there, but no zombies spawn ( on server with friends there were tons of them )

Game restarted x times

196941463_Beztytu322u.thumb.jpg.f9725a1423b7559f020814cbdcfc3974.jpg

how do you read the error logs? where would the actual error be in there? cause i do get this "Detail rendering shaders not found for the active render pipeline, falling back to default shader" which i dont know what it means but eh, can someone read these and tell me? im not sure how to send something so long any help would be great

Hello...not sure if this the right place to post this, but if anyone could help me out it would be appreciated. Love the mod, but I am having a problem with the iron bars. I am trying to rotate them to lie flat, so I can stand on them and shoot down on zombies. I hit "r" for the rotate menu, but nothing happens when I try to rotate them...is this part of the mod, or a bug?

Khaine, 2 questions: is there a FAQ page available to have questions answered, rather than always be asking you for info? There's no way that I know of to look for info in this thread. Or is there any plan in the future to create something like that?

Secondly, am playing on medium 2 with some friends. There are patches of wasteland/radiation everywhere it seems. Is there a way to shut off the radiation? Very irritating to have to constantly check your map to make sure you aren't walking into wasteland (even within a POI that straddles wasteland biome). And if not, is there something one can use to remove the radiation poisoning so you don't die a slow and horribly death as you get radiated to death? Am on day 3 and have died three times to radiation in the patches of frequent wasteland.

Thank you.

Khaine, 2 questions: is there a FAQ page available to have questions answered, rather than always be asking you for info? There's no way that I know of to look for info in this thread. Or is there any plan in the future to create something like that?

Secondly, am playing on medium 2 with some friends. There are patches of wasteland/radiation everywhere it seems. Is there a way to shut off the radiation? Very irritating to have to constantly check your map to make sure you aren't walking into wasteland (even within a POI that straddles wasteland biome). And if not, is there something one can use to remove the radiation poisoning so you don't die a slow and horribly death as you get radiated to death? Am on day 3 and have died three times to radiation in the patches of frequent wasteland.

Thank you.

1. Use the search thread feature is the best way to find something. Red bar above the first post of each page is where the search thread is.

2. There are anti-radiation pills you can make, but early game I doubt you'll have them unlocked. You should know what wasteland looks like by now, I see no reason to have to check the map. See wasteland in front of you, turn. If a POI is straddling wasteland, logic would dictate to avoid said POI so you don't run the risk of crossing the unseen line.

1. Use the search thread feature is the best way to find something. Red bar above the first post of each page is where the search thread is.

2. There are anti-radiation pills you can make, but early game I doubt you'll have them unlocked. You should know what wasteland looks like by now, I see no reason to have to check the map. See wasteland in front of you, turn. If a POI is straddling wasteland, logic would dictate to avoid said POI so you don't run the risk of crossing the unseen line.

Not particularly helpful with the first one and the second point just verges on sarcastic.

The bar at the top searches all of 7D forum, not just the Darkness Falls mod thread. So, typing in Radiation will give me every thread anyone has posted in this entire forum.

Honestly, I don't want to look at the map constantly. I'd just like to know if there's a way to disable the radiation in the wastelands.

Secondly, I didn't ask for sarcasm. I am aware of what wasteland looks like. However, these wasteland spots dot the entire map from what I've seen so far and in the dark, it's not particularly noticeable while riding a vehicle. But, since there seems to be one of you (someone who is sarcastic in their response, rather than just answering a question) in every forum post in the world, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Edited by Likasil (see edit history)

Not particularly helpful with the first one and the second point just verges on sarcastic.

The bar at the top searches all of 7D forum, not just the Darkness Falls mod thread. So, typing in Radiation will give me every thread anyone has posted in this entire forum.

Honestly, I don't want to look at the map constantly. I'd just like to know if there's a way to disable the radiation in the wastelands.

Secondly, I didn't ask for sarcasm. I am aware of what wasteland looks like. However, these wasteland spots dot the entire map from what I've seen so far and in the dark, it's not particularly noticeable while riding a vehicle. But, since there seems to be one of you (someone who is sarcastic in their response, rather than just answering a question) in every forum post in the world, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

1. It literally says "Search Thread", not the whole forum. I've used it multiple times trying to figure stuff out.

2. Yes, there may have been some sarcasm in it, but the point is still there. My answer was based on the information provided. You didn't specify driving in the dark. I don't know where you are in the game, but if you have have hazmat stuff and are riding in a car, why not just wear it? Or power armor if you are really far. I'm not familiar with medium 2, I've only played the large map.

I've never made a mod, I'm not well versed in HTML. I'm actually pretty stupid. I did look around for about 5 minutes in the config files and found what could possibly take it out. If you comment out the buff for radiation, it may work. It's something you'd have to try after backing up your game.

Guest belowzeros
1. It literally says "Search Thread", not the whole forum. I've used it multiple times trying to figure stuff out.

he probably only saw the forum search box. sometimes I find this forum software hides links in the borders too much.

anyone play with a longer day cycle? I like having more daylight for DF but I think it might be over leveling me a little. I thought I would add more zeds to compensate me having too much build and explore time but that might have had the opposite affect as well. of course everytime a pack of rad zombs and ferals rush me I change my mind lol ...thoughts?

narf.jpg.6d7db8dad5027e7ec0dafb081654215a.jpg

Hi KhaineGB.

With new demonic zombies regeneration, there are problem with Caitlin appears - Caitlin guards cant kill demonic zombies...

I was interested how they deal with demons in 2.5, so I wait at Cait until nighttime. At night 10+ demonic spawned around base, I'd hide at roof and wait what happens. So what we have now? 3 guards shoot at demonic nurse more then minute, yes, at least they manage to kill her, but she even was not aggressive, just walking around. So, if now few zombies will be attracted at a time, trader base have no chances, and should be destroyed in a minutes...

Guest belowzeros
Sorry for the noob question but, where can i find the links for the darkness falls maps?

They are built in to the install. You can find them on the map selection screen when starting a new game.

Important note.

I just finished burying my cat. I'm a mess.

Any responses here are not intended to sound annoyed/angry/sarcastic/etc.

I just didn't want to leave folks without answers. But I'm likely going to take a day or two away to just... try and deal.

how do you read the error logs? where would the actual error be in there? cause i do get this "Detail rendering shaders not found for the active render pipeline, falling back to default shader" which i dont know what it means but eh, can someone read these and tell me? im not sure how to send something so long any help would be great

That's a warning. If you press F1, warnings are in yellow (and can be ignored), errors ar ein red.

Hello...not sure if this the right place to post this, but if anyone could help me out it would be appreciated. Love the mod, but I am having a problem with the iron bars. I am trying to rotate them to lie flat, so I can stand on them and shoot down on zombies. I hit "r" for the rotate menu, but nothing happens when I try to rotate them...is this part of the mod, or a bug?

Hold r, select advanced rotation.

Thank you.

1) There is in the discord. One of the testers is working on turning it into a site as well.

2) There is if you edit XML, but it's an intended part of progression. So leave it alone. I recommend updating to 18.3 because I changed how it works (it basically smacks you for about 40 health damage when you leave the biome, and that's it).

Anybody knows a video or tutorial about how to use the irrigation system?

I place the console near a lake and place the seeds near to the pipeline but they didn't grow

anyone play with a longer day cycle? I like having more daylight for DF but I think it might be over leveling me a little. I thought I would add more zeds to compensate me having too much build and explore time but that might have had the opposite affect as well. of course everytime a pack of rad zombs and ferals rush me I change my mind lol ...thoughts?

I wouldn't go more than 90.

Hi KhaineGB.

With new demonic zombies regeneration, there are problem with Caitlin appears - Caitlin guards cant kill demonic zombies...

I was interested how they deal with demons in 2.5, so I wait at Cait until nighttime. At night 10+ demonic spawned around base, I'd hide at roof and wait what happens. So what we have now? 3 guards shoot at demonic nurse more then minute, yes, at least they manage to kill her, but she even was not aggressive, just walking around. So, if now few zombies will be attracted at a time, trader base have no chances, and should be destroyed in a minutes...

I'll adjust their ai later to not target demons.

I'll adjust their ai later to not target demons.

But on multiplayer server players may attract demons and cause destruction... And today I saw how it happens...

And about demonic sleepers - looks like them spawn too early. I meet them from my lvl 40, maybe even earlier.

One more question - ammo dissassembling miss casing, is this bug, or this is how it intended?

But on multiplayer server players may attract demons and cause destruction... And today I saw how it happens...

And about demonic sleepers - looks like them spawn too early. I meet them from my lvl 40, maybe even earlier.

One more question - ammo dissassembling miss casing, is this bug, or this is how it intended?

Where are you finding demonic sleepers? In 18.2 I was around level 210 and would occasionally get 1 demon in a screamer horde. Maybe 3 demons at most outside of radiated area, ever. Never saw a sleeper in a non radioactive area. I'm only around level 55 in my current game and still haven't encountered a demon. Are you playing with people that are much higher level than you? Maybe on max difficulty causing gamestage to be inflated?