Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

1) There is in the discord. One of the testers is working on turning it into a site as well.

2) There is if you edit XML, but it's an intended part of progression. So leave it alone. I recommend updating to 18.3 because I changed how it works (it basically smacks you for about 40 health damage when you leave the biome, and that's it).

I am updated to 18.3. I have died three times from full health and one of the other players has also died twice to it after leaving the biome. So it's taking way more than 40 health. It's killing us when we accidentally stumble into it. Lots of crop circle like wasteland areas surrounded by other biomes. Some larger and some smaller. Is that intentional?

I am sorry to hear about your cat. :(

L.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Kresdja. I never noticed that one. Only the blank space above it. Re: vehicle - I had a bike I was able to make on the second day. Was riding 6 km to meet up with my group. Was difficult to notice the wastelands spotting the map all over until I was already in it. No hazmat, obviously at this point, or I wouldn't be saying I died several times.

Edited by Likasil (see edit history)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31390[/ATTACH]

These are all over the map. Easy to accidentally stumble into one. Or go into a POI that is straddling one of these and not even realize it was.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/539652761835274240/679478493318610954/IMG_0560.jpg

I call them Wasteland Crop Circles. Patches of circular wasteland spotting other biomes.

Edit: Just happened again. Player accidentally drove into a wasteland crop circle. He left immediately. Had radiation poisoning for one hour according to the debuff. He went from 80 health to dead.

These are all over the map. Easy to accidentally stumble into one. Or go into a POI that is straddling one of these and not even realize it was.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/539652761835274240/679478493318610954/IMG_0560.jpg

I call them Wasteland Crop Circles. Patches of circular wasteland spotting other biomes.

Edit: Just happened again. Player accidentally drove into a wasteland crop circle. He left immediately. Had radiation poisoning for one hour according to the debuff. He went from 80 health to dead.

Maybe you have an older version of the mod, prior to him adding the radiation not killing you thing. I'm not sure at what point he added it in 2.5

Where are you finding demonic sleepers? In 18.2 I was around level 210 and would occasionally get 1 demon in a screamer horde. Maybe 3 demons at most outside of radiated area, ever. Never saw a sleeper in a non radioactive area. I'm only around level 55 in my current game and still haven't encountered a demon. Are you playing with people that are much higher level than you? Maybe on max difficulty causing gamestage to be inflated?

No, Server wiped, so I'm highest level there. Demonic sleepers always in all kinds of scyscrappers, also I met them in large stores

But on multiplayer server players may attract demons and cause destruction... And today I saw how it happens...

And about demonic sleepers - looks like them spawn too early. I meet them from my lvl 40, maybe even earlier.

One more question - ammo dissassembling miss casing, is this bug, or this is how it intended?

Welp, players are gonna have to be more careful about training demons to the trader...

I'll look into the sleepers, but I remember seeing some on the top 2 floors of skyscrapers around GS 250, which seems fine to me.

I am updated to 18.3. I have died three times from full health and one of the other players has also died twice to it after leaving the biome. So it's taking way more than 40 health. It's killing us when we accidentally stumble into it. Lots of crop circle like wasteland areas surrounded by other biomes. Some larger and some smaller. Is that intentional?

I am sorry to hear about your cat. :(

L.

The crop-circle wasteland style is from nitrogen. It also makes them in a slight crater.

I'll check the buff later, but it's definitely not killing me. I was able to just tank the damage, or spam pain meds and bandages to heal through it. I may need to look at a minor adjustment to the duration.

I found a bug, skill book in reading, quickly clicking decomposition, you can get a copy.

Which book? It might be a vanilla bug, but will need to check.

And again about Caitlin xD

On multiplayer servers always present players, who don't care about others, and players who had used trader abuse in previous version, and try do it now... Damn, even building around titanium walls doesn't help a lot now :upset:

But possibly if you adjust guards not target demons, and also demons to not target guards, it should prevent massive destruction

That sounds like it was definitely supposed to be an oven recipe and I derped up.

Which recipes was it?

All 3 of the pumpkin recipes. Cheesecake, pie, and I can't remember what the 3rd one is. I'll edit to confirm when I can get back in game and look

Edit: Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having trouble finding iron in the 18.3 darkness falls, can't find any of the surface ore indicator rocks that were added in a18, were they removed in the mod or am I just bugged?

It's not like vanilla A18. The small boulders are your indicators now. Mine those, whatever ore you get is what should be underneath it.

Edited by Kresdja (see edit history)

I am having a problem where I get this message....

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

It spams the debug console in a constant loop. The only way I can get out of it (the game totally locks up "kinda") is cause I have my inventory key mapped to my mouse and from there open the map and use debug mode to teleport. It's happens under 3 circumstances...

1. I get close to the wasteland biome and I think something spawn in ( saw a mob I hadn't seen before)

2. Happened during a horde night and used the teleport trick to get the game going again

3. A mob I haven't seen before spawned wayyyyyyyy off in the distance and again had to teleport to continue playing

I even started a new game using a different map and it happens all the same

Anyways apart from this problem I'm loving the mod so much! Thanks for all your hard work

UPDATE!!!!!!!! While writing this post I had a brain storm. I opened DF and spawned some of the new creatures I've not seen, yet. Of the creatures I tried the Incubus and the Demon Behemoth caused the message "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". to spam the debug console and lock up. Also figured out killall console command immediately caused the console spam to stop so its safe to say these creatures are the cause of the problem.

The crop-circle wasteland style is from nitrogen. It also makes them in a slight crater.

I'll check the buff later, but it's definitely not killing me. I was able to just tank the damage, or spam pain meds and bandages to heal through it. I may need to look at a minor adjustment to the duration.

Slight? The duration is an hour when we hit those wasteland circles accidentally. To spam bandages and pain meds (can only take one every 2 min anyways) would not help us survive. Maybe it's the map - medium2 - that's the issue? And not sure what nitrogen is, but I take it that's not normal generation for 18.3? First world I've loaded up in 18.3, so not sure.

UPDATE!!!!!!!! While writing this post I had a brain storm. I opened DF and spawned some of the new creatures I've not seen, yet. Of the creatures I tried the Incubus and the Demon Behemoth caused the message "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". to spam the debug console and lock up. Also figured out killall console command immediately caused the console spam to stop so its safe to say these creatures are the cause of the problem.

that's interesting. Khaine that's the bug I reported on post #4337. When I got it I was definitely next to the Ziggurat on dfsmall3 iirc. I'm not sure if there is more than one Ziggurat on that map but it was in the forest biome near a starting spawn that I think borders a desert biome.

Maybe you have an older version of the mod, prior to him adding the radiation not killing you thing. I'm not sure at what point he added it in 2.5

Not an older version. Am using 18.3 (b4). Not sure what is wrong then. Am getting an hour radiation poisoning debuff. It's not the map. Tested my single player as well on a different map. Used pills, 2 first aid bandages, a first aid kid and by the time I used the second first aid bandage, the healthcare was no longer working to offset the damage being done...which would last 1 hour. I'm at a loss. Not getting the 40 damage and neither are the others on my server. Oh well. Maybe a bug in my version of the game then.

Picture below shows new player with elemental protection in medium 4 (elemental protection seems to prevent the poisoning from doing any damage). But, this is the debuff I get in this and other worlds. Without protection, it keeps doing damage (presumably) for an hour - don't live long enough to test it.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/539652761835274240/679937573116051467/image0.jpg

And again about Caitlin xD

On multiplayer servers always present players, who don't care about others, and players who had used trader abuse in previous version, and try do it now... Damn, even building around titanium walls doesn't help a lot now :upset:

But possibly if you adjust guards not target demons, and also demons to not target guards, it should prevent massive destruction

I can look into that. Should be easy enough.

All 3 of the pumpkin recipes. Cheesecake, pie, and I can't remember what the 3rd one is. I'll edit to confirm when I can get back in game and look

Edit: Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake

Yep, I derped. Will get it fixed.

It's not like vanilla A18. The small boulders are your indicators now. Mine those, whatever ore you get is what should be underneath it.

^ that.

I am having a problem where I get this message....

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

It spams the debug console in a constant loop. The only way I can get out of it (the game totally locks up "kinda") is cause I have my inventory key mapped to my mouse and from there open the map and use debug mode to teleport. It's happens under 3 circumstances...

1. I get close to the wasteland biome and I think something spawn in ( saw a mob I hadn't seen before)

2. Happened during a horde night and used the teleport trick to get the game going again

3. A mob I haven't seen before spawned wayyyyyyyy off in the distance and again had to teleport to continue playing

I even started a new game using a different map and it happens all the same

Anyways apart from this problem I'm loving the mod so much! Thanks for all your hard work

Logged into 18.3 and tested.

All behemoths, demons and night stalkers are fine. That issue DID exist on 18.4/DF V2.51 (in the experimental branch) but I updated that on... monday I think? I don't remember. Last few days have been a blur. But I managed to fix it on that branch.

Slight? The duration is an hour when we hit those wasteland circles accidentally. To spam bandages and pain meds (can only take one every 2 min anyways) would not help us survive. Maybe it's the map - medium2 - that's the issue? And not sure what nitrogen is, but I take it that's not normal generation for 18.3? First world I've loaded up in 18.3, so not sure.

The duration is an hour when you're in there. When you leave, the buff is removed and replaced with a 10 second one (me and the testers checked that a LOT to make sure it works).

If you're not getting that, you may have a bad install.

Shovels seem to drop too much as loot in this mod. Last horde night I got 17 steel shovels and at least a dozen in the previous one (nights 21 and 28). I also got 5-6 iron shovels each night too although the steel ones were what really stood out. Overall shovels were about 1/3 of all the loot those two horde nights.

That's because certain zombies drop certain things. Farmers and fat lady zombies drop shovels because they're the "farmer" type (like they used to in A16).

Lumberjacks mostly drop clothes and axes.

I may adjust that and look at potentially dropping more seeds/crops instead.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Anyone have success running this on linux? I'm on Mint 19.3

For a short recap, I installed:

a) the 18.4 version straight on top of my latest_experimental

=> results: consumes memory like no other, "solved" with lowest graphics settings and texture streaming off (as per this thread)

=> once running, crashes to desktop within a minute or two. Doesn't go OOM, just dies.

=> I think the log was mostly showing an "orphan" unhandled exception at the end. (lost the logs due to step b)

b) I figured 18.3 version might be more stable, so, fresh install of 18.3 stable, 18.3 version of mod on top of that

=> crashes to desktop upon entering world.

This crash was identical 3/3 tries, so I figured I'd try to narrow it down.. ended up with:

"removing SphereiiCore from /Mods/ eliminates the crash".

That looks like it's core functionality for the mod though, so not necessarily all that useful, but that's where I'm at right now.

I downloaded the 18.3 version of that mod, it seems somewhat different via KDiff, some of it was just "setup" for Darkness Falls, some of it was additions to AI routines or some such.. haven't tried yet, but I might try to frankenmerge some of those two - unless someone can point me towards a more, errh, sane solution.. :)

I'm not exactly expecting anything from anyone, but some pointers or shared experiences would be awesome :)

Edited by theFlu (see edit history)

All behemoths, demons and night stalkers are fine. That issue DID exist on 18.4/DF V2.51 (in the experimental branch) but I updated that on... monday I think? I don't remember. Last few days have been a blur. But I managed to fix it on that branch.

Running 18.4(b3) (Sorry should have mentioned that in my first post)

But redownloaded the mod and installed and it fixed the problem. Thanks so much for an amazing mod and the support

Anyone have success running this on linux? I'm on Mint 19.3

For a short recap, I installed:

a) the 18.4 version straight on top of my latest_experimental

=> results: consumes memory like no other, "solved" with lowest graphics settings and texture streaming off (as per this thread)

=> once running, crashes to desktop within a minute or two. Doesn't go OOM, just dies.

=> I think the log was mostly showing an "orphan" unhandled exception at the end. (lost the logs due to step b)

b) I figured 18.3 version might be more stable, so, fresh install of 18.3 stable, 18.3 version of mod on top of that

=> crashes to desktop upon entering world.

This crash was identical 3/3 tries, so I figured I'd try to narrow it down.. ended up with:

"removing SphereiiCore from /Mods/ eliminates the crash".

That looks like it's core functionality for the mod though, so not necessarily all that useful, but that's where I'm at right now.

I downloaded the 18.3 version of that mod, it seems somewhat different via KDiff, some of it was just "setup" for Darkness Falls, some of it was additions to AI routines or some such.. haven't tried yet, but I might try to frankenmerge some of those two - unless someone can point me towards a more, errh, sane solution.. :)

I'm not exactly expecting anything from anyone, but some pointers or shared experiences would be awesome :)

I'm running it in ubuntu 19.10 by wine-staging with dvxk.

It consumes an insane amount of memory (around 16 GB) in the large map.

The ppa for mesa is https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-dias/+archive/ubuntu/mesa, wine-staging from here https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu and dvxk from here https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases

The options I use to launch the game are

Exec=env WINEPREFIX="the path to your 7dtd wine prefix" WINEDEBUG=-all WINEFSYNC=1 WINEESYNC=1 PBA_ENABLE=1 WINE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE=1 STAGING_SHARED_MEMORY=1 CLUTTER_VBLANK=none vblank_mode=0 mesa_glthread=true RADV_PERFTEST=aco DXVK_DEBUG_LAYERS=0 DXVK_LOG_LEVEL=none /opt/wine-staging/bin/wine 'the path to your 7dtd executable'

It runs a little bit slower than vanilla (more slower in wasteland) but playable

I'm now with the last experimental of DF but I was in the stable too and also works.

PD.

mesa_glthread=true only works in the Mesa drivers (RadeonSI, R600, Nouveau, Intel). If you're using nvidia closed drivers the options is __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATION. You can set it to 1 to force it on, or 0 to turn it off and had no effect with vulkan

Edited by RBN (see edit history)