Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Capture.PNG.dbfb57afd847813cfa028114256ae5db.PNGwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

I am having issues restoring a backup. I'm running my server on an Ubuntu system using the Linux Server Management Scripts (https://7dtd.illy.bz/) and everything has been working great for 3 or 4 weeks.

After 18.4 was released, my friend messaged me and let me know he was unable to join. I updated the server to 18.4, copied the mod files back over, but we were unable to join. I decided I would start from scratch and use the backup that the management scripts created to restore the server. This has not worked. Does anyone have any advice on how to restore a server with a backup?

So Ive got 18.3 and DF through the mod launcher. For the life of me I can't get sap from trees? Is it still a thing?

Yep, but you have to use bowls. There was a bug with jars.

was wondering when you are going to release 18.4 stable version

It was released almost 24 hours ago.

I am having issues restoring a backup. I'm running my server on an Ubuntu system using the Linux Server Management Scripts (https://7dtd.illy.bz/) and everything has been working great for 3 or 4 weeks.

After 18.4 was released, my friend messaged me and let me know he was unable to join. I updated the server to 18.4, copied the mod files back over, but we were unable to join. I decided I would start from scratch and use the backup that the management scripts created to restore the server. This has not worked. Does anyone have any advice on how to restore a server with a backup?

Afraid I have no idea. I've never messed with trying to restore backups.

Hi there this game is awesome but i was wondering why in the farming section its not giving me info on how to farm and in the quest it says use a farm plot but that wasnt growing and so i looked online and saw people using rain catcher and stuff so i tried that but it wasnt filling like the whole underside and stuff. and i dont know how the fruit trees work if im supposed to irrigate those aswell because the farming journel entry is empty/wont show up.

Also when i read specifically Chemistry station schematic but some others aswell i just dont get the unlock. I cant progress because i cant make a chemistry station.

Edited by IMobbN
additional issues arose (see edit history)

Also when i read specifically Chemistry station schematic but some others aswell i just dont get the unlock. I cant progress because i cant make a chemistry station.

chem station is still locked in the UI (cream color vs white) or clicking craft doesn't do anything?

If you are trying to craft and it doesn't do anything or the option to craft is missing make sure you are trying to make it a workbench with the wrench is installed in the workbench.

this might help for one way to farm

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

chem station is still locked in the UI (cream color vs white) or clicking craft doesn't do anything?

If you are trying to craft and it doesn't do anything or the option to craft is missing make sure you are trying to make it a workbench with the wrench is installed in the workbench.

this might help for one way to farm

but thats irrigation im not even close to that im curious about if the fruit trees need irrigation mostly now i figured out the regular plants

but thats irrigation im not even close to that im curious about if the fruit trees need irrigation mostly now i figured out the regular plants

trees don`t need water. plants dig a hole within 4 blocks of plants, dump a bucket of water in.

Loving this mod man! The best thing I did was not read anything about it before trying it.

There I was about to stroll into an army camp when I noticed 3 figures in flames roaming around. Ooo let's go check them out. Boom, dead. Fucking demons? 3 of them. Head back out. Wait, I just unloaded a fully modded max combat shotgun into the thing, ran backward to reload and turn to finish it off.... but it's back to full health?? Dead.

3 more deaths later I managed to take down the 3 bastards. Awesome!

Oh, so now to the army barracks. Run into some higher level military guys. Combat shotgun time! Wait, no damage?? None? Dead... Come back with AP rounds...

Im playing 1 level up from standard and fear going out at night and going into large POI. I'm level 81 and in insanity vanilla im all but unkillable. Not here and I frickin love it. Most fun I've had in this game since I started playing 1500+ hours ago. I love Jax's work and really enjoyed RH. I didn't think anything could top it. They are both fantastic, but was pleasantly surprised that I enjoy this a bit more.

Thought I was going to hate the classes, but I really like it that I'm not this bad ass Jack of all trades. I haven't come across a single thing I'd change. Looking forward to hitting 100 and getting titanium.

Sorry this is so long, but just cant say enough about this (and I'm at my kids practice). I plan on contributing shortly. Great work and much appreciated!

Oh, do you havyoa discord by chance?

Maxx

Hi Khaine, i´m a big fan, but a newbie installing mods. Could you please tell me how to manually install the zip files into the original files to replace them and get the mod working? My friend and I can´t pull that off yet... And the mod launcher doesn´t work for him, it´s stuck at ¨refreshing¨. Also, as you mentioned before about being a giflab issue, I do not understand why it all works just fine for me but not to my friends... S.O.S. and thanks!

I'm having trouble making a cement mixer. I started as mechanic. I found the schematic for the mixer. I looked at the perk list and it was a red check mark. Tip says it requires science crafting 2, Mining Tools 20, No Laborer Class. I gained a few levels to get science crafting 2. My mining tools is at 43. The check mark is white now in the perk list, but I still can't make the mixer. The only option on the recipe is Perk <w>. I've tried from inventory and from a workbench with both wrench and hammer in it.

Edit: I think I see now that it needs a metal workbench and a welding torch. *facepalm*

Edited by ApocalypsePal (see edit history)

Khaine I could be wrong but the rebars recipe might be backwards. In the big forge I can make them for 6 iron and 1 clay and in the advanced forge it reads 7 iron and 2 clay. Just posting in case that should be the other way around.

Cheers. Will double check that. :)

Hi there this game is awesome but i was wondering why in the farming section its not giving me info on how to farm and in the quest it says use a farm plot but that wasnt growing and so i looked online and saw people using rain catcher and stuff so i tried that but it wasnt filling like the whole underside and stuff. and i dont know how the fruit trees work if im supposed to irrigate those aswell because the farming journel entry is empty/wont show up.

I'll check that farming entry. I know I updated it but might have accidentally broken it.

Trees do not need water/irrigation.

Chem station should work. It'll unlock the perk and then you need to meet the requirements of the perk (which it will tell you if you click on it)

Hi ,

I am wondering if the target list for guards is in the xml. I am asking as i noticed they do not attack zombie dogs and birds and was looking to optimize that.

greetz

It is, but it's off on purpose. Why would the guards attack dogs and vultures when they don't attack the trader?

They only attack the trader when PLAYERS take them there. Stop using the trader as a permanent base. It's not intended for that.

Loving this mod man! The best thing I did was not read anything about it before trying it.

There I was about to stroll into an army camp when I noticed 3 figures in flames roaming around. Ooo let's go check them out. Boom, dead. ♥♥♥♥ing demons? 3 of them. Head back out. Wait, I just unloaded a fully modded max combat shotgun into the thing, ran backward to reload and turn to finish it off.... but it's back to full health?? Dead.

3 more deaths later I managed to take down the 3 bastards. Awesome!

Oh, so now to the army barracks. Run into some higher level military guys. Combat shotgun time! Wait, no damage?? None? Dead... Come back with AP rounds...

Im playing 1 level up from standard and fear going out at night and going into large POI. I'm level 81 and in insanity vanilla im all but unkillable. Not here and I frickin love it. Most fun I've had in this game since I started playing 1500+ hours ago. I love Jax's work and really enjoyed RH. I didn't think anything could top it. They are both fantastic, but was pleasantly surprised that I enjoy this a bit more.

Thought I was going to hate the classes, but I really like it that I'm not this bad ass Jack of all trades. I haven't come across a single thing I'd change. Looking forward to hitting 100 and getting titanium.

Sorry this is so long, but just cant say enough about this (and I'm at my kids practice). I plan on contributing shortly. Great work and much appreciated!

Oh, do you havyoa discord by chance?

Maxx

Glad you're enjoying it :) I'm pretty sure the shotgun thing is vanilla... I think normal shells increase the armor stat of a zombie if it has one, like the military and bikers.

Oh and for anyone else reading this, discord is now on the 3rd post of the first page. The forum update killed my image links, so i've done a temp fix.

Hi Khaine, i´m a big fan, but a newbie installing mods. Could you please tell me how to manually install the zip files into the original files to replace them and get the mod working? My friend and I can´t pull that off yet... And the mod launcher doesn´t work for him, it´s stuck at ¨refreshing¨. Also, as you mentioned before about being a giflab issue, I do not understand why it all works just fine for me but not to my friends... S.O.S. and thanks!

From the first page.

Make a copy of your 7 Days to Die folder first!!!

Download the zip file at the link above.

Unzip the 7DaysToDie_Data, Data and Mods folder to your 7 Days to Die folder and overwrite when prompted.

The mod uses SDX/DMT so all 3 folders (and their contents) are needed or you'll have problems.

I'm having trouble making a cement mixer. I started as mechanic. I found the schematic for the mixer. I looked at the perk list and it was a red check mark. Tip says it requires science crafting 2, Mining Tools 20, No Laborer Class. I gained a few levels to get science crafting 2. My mining tools is at 43. The check mark is white now in the perk list, but I still can't make the mixer. The only option on the recipe is Perk <w>. I've tried from inventory and from a workbench with both wrench and hammer in it.

Edit: I think I see now that it needs a metal workbench and a welding torch. *facepalm*

When there's a red checkmark, click the perk. It will tell you wha requirements you need to meet.

And the one thing NO ONE EVER DOES... when you CAN make the item, click the book for the item description and it'll tell you where to make it and with which tool.

Hey Khaine i think i found somthing exploitable, you can massproduce the animalfoodchest and sell them to traider for easy money, one chest is made out of 20 Wood and 10 nails and sold for 180 to 300 duke coins, depending on your skills. so yeah thats Pretty cheap to make =D

also i experienced badly fps dropps when im around water, which option do i Need to turn it down to fixx that, does that anyone know?

Hey Khaine. I'm playing 18.4 b4 stable with 2.50.1. I noticed that skill books seem to be giving two points instead of one. When I read i get a point and then i get another right after, doesn't seem to matter what category. Not sure if that is normal, I thought it was one point. Just reporting case it's a bug.

Hey Khaine i think i found somthing exploitable, you can massproduce the animalfoodchest and sell them to traider for easy money, one chest is made out of 20 Wood and 10 nails and sold for 180 to 300 duke coins, depending on your skills. so yeah thats Pretty cheap to make =D

also i experienced badly fps dropps when im around water, which option do i Need to turn it down to fixx that, does that anyone know?

Will look into the economic value of those containers. Cheers :) For water, check where it is. If it's in a POI, there might be a missing block or two underwater, so the water is flowing and causing FPS issues. You can try turning it down to minimum in your video settings.

Hey Khaine. I'm playing 18.4 b4 stable with 2.50.1. I noticed that skill books seem to be giving two points instead of one. When I read i get a point and then i get another right after, doesn't seem to matter what category. Not sure if that is normal, I thought it was one point. Just reporting case it's a bug.

It's a bug, but no idea why. I'll have a look at it. Since you're being given a quest, it shouldn't be doing that.

Hi, i wanna ask how to kill demon bahemoth? Still cant kill that zombie huhu

Get a laser weapon.

Hi Khaine

Currently we have two rare weapons - shotgun and hammer, and they are not repairable. I found two shotguns in my playthrough, blue and almost broken, so they looks like a bit restricted in usage.

In same time we have two rare components - Demonic Essence, and Research notes, they also very rare, but after you complete quest and upgrades, they become useless...

Maybe there is a reason change that weapons to repairable, and add recipe like "Hi-Tec Repair kit", with Notes and Essences as components?

The weapons aren't repairable cos folks were finding loads of them and just stockpiling them.

You can combine them with another weapon with the same name in the workbench. That'll repair them (laser workbench if over quality 40).

Research notes are for the future crafting perk. You can keep making the books to level it up. Demonic essense and Nanites are for the shots, but I do wanna do something with those later.

Hi KGB for things like steel crafting requirements it says no laborer class. Since I chose the laborer class does that mean I can never craft steel? Does the hunting knife harvest more meat than the machete? I'm getting 5 meat off a cow which is crazy!

Hi KGB for things like steel crafting requirements it says no laborer class. Since I chose the laborer class does that mean I can never craft steel? Does the hunting knife harvest more meat than the machete? I'm getting 5 meat off a cow which is crazy!

The reason it says "no laborer class" is because in the laborer class tab you will see perks for Steel Crafting. The Laborer class gets steel crafting as part of their specialization, it is in step 4 of Hammer & Forge called Machinist. It is there a second time for those not in the laborer class.

I tend to prefer Machetes especially for combat with it's better reach even though combat knives have a faster swing.