Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

No idea on the helmet light thing. Might be conflicting with something on your gun (like flashlight or laser sight).

And yes, I know about the M4A1. It's difficult to get the mod to behave properly with fully auto weapons, but going to be looking into it.

Tool Crafting 1 for Forge Ahead Level 1, Tool Crafting 2 for Forge Ahead Level 2.

Those are generic perks you can just buy which increase the crafting tier of tools.

I tested this and it appears that if you have a laser sight on your weapon, you cant turn on or off your light.

Heya KhaineGB! Insert ego-stroking comment about how great DF is (it is!) and begin: With A18 coming out in the next few weeks, how does that bode for us DF players? My teammates and I are new to 7d2d and DF, so we haven't seen a release done. Is it a given that you'll tweak it for A18? Or should we get comfy with 17.4 for the foreseeable future? Thanks - sloggoth

Ok, I'm gonna go witha semi-blunt answer for that... it's not intended to be offensive, but I just want to be up front.

I have absolutely NO IDEA how long it will take to port DF from A17.4 to A18. Modders get exactly the same amount of info as the general public get. We don't get any early access to builds... STREAMERS get it before we do (which I completely disagree with tbh).

Now, the rumour is that the XML for A18 is basically the same, so that should make porting all the items/blocks/etc a lot easier. I have no idea if I need to rebuild my unity assets or not, we also don't know if SDX/DMT patches will work etc.

So I'm gonna use A16-A17 as a very rough example for a time frame. That took me 2 months... working on it 8-12 hours a day. :) I THINK 1 month is probably more likely... but... I have no basis for that estimate.

Ok, I'm gonna go witha semi-blunt answer for that... it's not intended to be offensive, but I just want to be up front.

I have absolutely NO IDEA how long it will take to port DF from A17.4 to A18. Modders get exactly the same amount of info as the general public get. We don't get any early access to builds... STREAMERS get it before we do (which I completely disagree with tbh).

Now, the rumour is that the XML for A18 is basically the same, so that should make porting all the items/blocks/etc a lot easier. I have no idea if I need to rebuild my unity assets or not, we also don't know if SDX/DMT patches will work etc.

So I'm gonna use A16-A17 as a very rough example for a time frame. That took me 2 months... working on it 8-12 hours a day. :) I THINK 1 month is probably more likely... but... I have no basis for that estimate.

Hey, you explained it wonderfully, and it was not at all blunt. Thanks!

Another question: At dawn, the zombies they poof. Is this the Harmony-mythixdino_ClearZombiesDawn.dll? I searched for any info regarding the Harmony mods but came up short. Is there a page with explanations to assist in, well, modding your mod? I'd like to see the zombies stay till cleaned up.

Thanks!

I found the error regarding 4x4trucksupgrades, it's the 4x4 fuel armor turbo combo thats missing if you made the armorturbo first

<recipe name="vehicle4x4TruckArmoredFuelTurboPlaceable" count="1" craft_time="210" craft_area="vehicleworkstation" tags="learnable">

<ingredient name="vehicle4x4TruckArmoredTurboPlaceable" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="DFVehicleModFuelStorage" count="4"/>

</recipe>

Also. it seems the nerf for demonportals spawning is broken on the otherway around, now no demons spawn there at all :(

And also , the survivorNPC's are still spamming the serverconsole like crazy!

Hey, you explained it wonderfully, and it was not at all blunt. Thanks!

Another question: At dawn, the zombies they poof. Is this the Harmony-mythixdino_ClearZombiesDawn.dll? I searched for any info regarding the Harmony mods but came up short. Is there a page with explanations to assist in, well, modding your mod? I'd like to see the zombies stay till cleaned up.

Thanks!

Mmmkay... so...

Harmony-Mythixdino_BloodMoonVehicleBuster - Kills vehicle engines on bloodmoon

Harmony-Mythixdino_ClearZombiesBM - Clears out any lingering bloodmoon zombies (they like to get stuck on stuff and cause lag due to the AI calcs)

Harmony-Mythixdino_ClearZombiesDawn - Kills biome-spawned night zombies at dawn (because people kept complaining about rads/ferals hanging around for 2 hours)

Harmony-Mythixdino_Nodifficultypenalty - Removes the damage reduction from zombies at higher difficulties (We're going to look into our own, custom difficulty thingie)

Harmony-Mythixdino_NoSleeperHealth - Removes the HP bar from sleepers until they activate.

Harmony-Mythixdino_QuestSmallerRange - Selects quest POI's and buried treasure closer to the trader.

Harmony-Mythixdino_TownRWGfix - Greater variance in town sizes.

Harmony-SphereII_EntityHook - SphereII magic. We leave it alone since the NPC's need it. ;)

Harmony-SphereII_ModLoader - More SphereII magic.

Harmony-SphereII_UnlockHealthBar - Allows the zombie HP bar to be displayed. If you don't want that, I recommend deleting DarknessFallsHPBarModlet-master instead as that just disables the XML.

Harmony-SphereII_WanderingTraders - Required for the wandering trader to work.

I found the error regarding 4x4trucksupgrades, it's the 4x4 fuel armor turbo combo thats missing if you made the armorturbo first

<recipe name="vehicle4x4TruckArmoredFuelTurboPlaceable" count="1" craft_time="210" craft_area="vehicleworkstation" tags="learnable">

<ingredient name="vehicle4x4TruckArmoredTurboPlaceable" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="DFVehicleModFuelStorage" count="4"/>

</recipe>

Also. it seems the nerf for demonportals spawning is broken on the otherway around, now no demons spawn there at all :(

And also , the survivorNPC's are still spamming the serverconsole like crazy!

Aha. Ok. I can go add that later.

Demon portals are working fine for me. But I made their spawn radius larger so it doesn't all just spawn ON the portal and thus add to the lag.

And yes, the NPC's are going to do that. It's NOT my code so I'm doing the best I can. If it's not causing lag, don't worry about it. I've trimmed it down the best I can and really do not want to mess with it any more than necessary and risk breaking something.

Demon portals are working fine for me. But I made their spawn radius larger so it doesn't all just spawn ON the portal and thus add to the lag.

How much larger area are we talking about? I was gonna try to farm some demons and killed the 'normal' demons that had spawned in the radioative area around the portal, (I kept my distance to it, by about 50-100blocks I'd guess) And walking up to it but nothing seemed to happen, and no demons in the vicinity either. I stayed at the portal for a while to see if it was delayed but nothing seems to happen.

I'll try to go to more portals later today and check some more, I think there is 4-5 left on the map.

And I forgot to ask, are the portals supposed to respawn?

I noticed yesterday that the first portal I found, (and was forced to destroy since it spawned several hundreds demons) suddenly was back.

This portal did not spawn in any demons either so I destoyed it too figuring it must be something that had bugged since before.

Regarding the NPC's, they dont cause lag immidiately. But it seems if staying 'close' to them for a long time cause the server to start leaking memory (might be the logfile thats buffered in ram) Would it be safe to go into spawning.xml and just remove the lines for the survivors to spawn? They don't really add anything for our game anyways :)

Oh, and another question. The demons fireballs seems to hit with some weird bleeding effect aswell now?

I have been hit a few times now and started burning and bleeding, and unable to stop the bleeding with bandages so have had to use first aid kits to kick up the HP to not die. They do not show up as a debuff in the status panel though.

Edited by -Holo-
Another question I'd forgot to ask., and updated info (see edit history)

I want to understand rarities of these items:

- Lathe (used for crafting gun parts): I have hundreds of hours in between Darkness Falls and Ravenhearst and have yet to see one.

- Research Notes (used to unlock Future Tech): again, same as above. I have seen a sum total of maybe 5 notes.

- Coil Pistol/Rifle/Sniper Unique parts: seem to be ridiculously rare relative to their accompanying gun parts, grip.

- Mastery Books: I've found 5 total, 2 duplicate. At 80 hours into this playthrough and Level 85.

Any thoughts on rarity?

How much larger area are we talking about?

I did some more extensive testing now with a portal, there were 25 zombies and 41 entities alive when I was about 150 blocks away,

Getting closer and getting the chunk to load, five more zombies (demons) were activated, but after that nothing more happens with the portal.

I spent the entire ingameday pretty much next to the portal, and not a single demon has spawned again. Now its in the middle of the night, and not a demon/zombie is in sight (0 spawned according to serverconsole), just ran up to the portal to see if anything happened but nothing.

Regarding the NPC's, they dont cause lag immidiately. But it seems if staying 'close' to them for a long time cause the server to start leaking memory (might be the logfile thats buffered in ram) Would it be safe to go into spawning.xml and just remove the lines for the survivors to spawn? They don't really add anything for our game anyways :)

How much larger area are we talking about? I was gonna try to farm some demons and killed the 'normal' demons that had spawned in the radioative area around the portal, (I kept my distance to it, by about 50-100blocks I'd guess) And walking up to it but nothing seemed to happen, and no demons in the vicinity either. I stayed at the portal for a while to see if it was delayed but nothing seems to happen.

I'll try to go to more portals later today and check some more, I think there is 4-5 left on the map.

And I forgot to ask, are the portals supposed to respawn?

I noticed yesterday that the first portal I found, (and was forced to destroy since it spawned several hundreds demons) suddenly was back.

This portal did not spawn in any demons either so I destoyed it too figuring it must be something that had bugged since before.

Oh, and another question. The demons fireballs seems to hit with some weird bleeding effect aswell now?

I have been hit a few times now and started burning and bleeding, and unable to stop the bleeding with bandages and the burning does not stop with drinking water so have had to use first aid kits to kick up the HP to not die.

I realised what the portal problem is.

When I fixed it, I had to restart my save or it didn't spawn demons.

Yes the portals are intended to respawn. :)

Feel free to disable NPC's if you like. Eve and Wandering Trader should be fine because they don't use the hunger/thirst code.

Haven't had that with demons from their fireballs, only from their hands (going to be reworking that though... had some ideas). The fire effect WAS bugged but should be fixed. Pretty sure I put that update in with the gamestage thing because it was literally just 1 missing line. :)

I want to understand rarities of these items:

- Lathe (used for crafting gun parts): I have hundreds of hours in between Darkness Falls and Ravenhearst and have yet to see one.

- Research Notes (used to unlock Future Tech): again, same as above. I have seen a sum total of maybe 5 notes.

- Coil Pistol/Rifle/Sniper Unique parts: seem to be ridiculously rare relative to their accompanying gun parts, grip.

- Mastery Books: I've found 5 total, 2 duplicate. At 80 hours into this playthrough and Level 85.

Any thoughts on rarity?

- Lathes only drop on behemoths and secret stash. You don't technically need one, but that's where they are. They're also rare.

- Research notes drop in bunkers and feral+ lab zombies/hazmat zombies.

- Feral+ soldiers for these.

- That's intended because they were dropping like candy. You can also find them in trader secret stash.

I realised what the portal problem is.

When I fixed it, I had to restart my save or it didn't spawn demons.

Oh dear -.- We're at day 248 on this world now :'(

And yep the fireballs definitly hits me with a unstoppable bleeding effect that would kill me if I dont use a medikit during it to boost up my HP. (from 150Hp)

Hey Khaine, thanks for the awesome mod! I'm trying to heal a Guard Captain but it's not working. I stand next to him with a bandage in my hand and right click but it just heals me. Not sure what's up. I saw a while back that you disabled this feature because of issues. Is it still disabled?

I found a fix for the portals not spawning demons!

Activate debugmode,(F1 for console, type dm) close the console and press F3, click the checkbox next to 'ch' and the info about the current region shows up, note the region the portal is in, ie r.5.-3, Move away from that region, close the server/game down and find the r.5.-3.7rg file in the saves folder of the world and delete it. Now it will be reset and will spawn demons again! :)

Edit. Nevermind. seems like it stopped spawning again after server was restarted :(

Edited by -Holo- (see edit history)

Hello Kaine,love this mod,started it again with latest update.Love to see that behemoths are fixed and coming in every horde night,Also there is bug that I wanted to report or it maybe just mine.The dynamite and advanced wire tool can be crafted without scientist class.Also that advanced wire tool made electric fences way op,those poor zeds barely make it to me on horde night.

Also can anyone help me with bunker locations on darkness falls small 2 map?

Love to see this mod growing.

Thanks

where can i find titanium ore? and if i can find a loooooooot of it

Best place would be the wasteland, probably underground.

I must say to all you game modders and I adore what you are doing and your mods are always fun to play thank you so much!!:cocksure:

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

I found a fix for the portals not spawning demons!

Activate debugmode,(F1 for console, type dm) close the console and press F3, click the checkbox next to 'ch' and the info about the current region shows up, note the region the portal is in, ie r.5.-3, Move away from that region, close the server/game down and find the r.5.-3.7rg file in the saves folder of the world and delete it. Now it will be reset and will spawn demons again! :)

Edit. Nevermind. seems like it stopped spawning again after server was restarted :(

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The rad biome still spawns demons. Just means you can't farm for XP, so you'll at least be getting drops.

Hello Kaine,love this mod,started it again with latest update.Love to see that behemoths are fixed and coming in every horde night,Also there is bug that I wanted to report or it maybe just mine.The dynamite and advanced wire tool can be crafted without scientist class.Also that advanced wire tool made electric fences way op,those poor zeds barely make it to me on horde night.

Also can anyone help me with bunker locations on darkness falls small 2 map?

Love to see this mod growing.

Thanks

Huh. I was sure the advanced wire tool was perk locked. I'll check it. I don't mind it making fence traps OP if it's class locked. :)

Bunker locations.

<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="3584,18,3544" rotation="3" />
   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="-3515,13,-3540" rotation="0" />
   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Military_Bunker" position="-3056,35,1793" rotation="1" />
   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Military_Bunker" position="-2900,36,319" rotation="1" />	
   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Military_Bunker" position="3070,37,-1842" rotation="1" />
   <decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Military_Bunker" position="2958,35,-93" rotation="1" />	

We found another of the large demonbunker POI's, but it's totally impossible to do now with every fireball hit we're getting that bleeding effect :(

Any ideas on how to fix that? It does seem to dehydrate like the fire effect though.

I also have encountered a bug twice now, when the hungerdebuff seems to fire off several times almost causing starvation even when eating large meals. Both times there has been a kindof hazy/drunken effect on the screen before it happens.