Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

It only happens when I set him on guard in base,When he follow me outside,he drink as you mentioned.

Also when I place animal(every type),they just follow me,I even placed haybale as bed and food storage box for them.

Looks like they might be another problem with the animals that I need to look into.

I'll look into the guard function. That definitely shouldn't be using that much. I'll see if there's something I can hook into to put a custom buff on when guarding to balance things out.

The bleeding effect I cannot confirm OR reproduce. It's working absolutely fine for me locally and I have confirmed the ranged attacks DO NOT proc bleeding in the XML. I used the cop as a base to get the hand items all working, and they don't proc bleeding either.

The second isn't a bug. It's an effect of the Mutated Wight. All mutated zombies have some kind of special effect... that's the wights. He makes you throw up. You can thank my wife for that idea. :p

EDIT: Potential fix for Holo. Go on to the server, open buffs.xml and search for buffIsOnFire.

Replace it with this.

<buff name="buffIsOnFire" name_key="buffIsOnFireName" description_key="buffIsOnFireDesc" tooltip_key="buffIsOnFireTooltip" icon="ui_game_symbol_fire" icon_color="255,0,0" icon_blink="true">
	<damage_type value="Heat"/>
	<stack_type value="ignore"/>
	<duration value="0"/>
	<update_rate value="1"/>
	<!-- bookkeeping for all burning buffs -->

<effect_group> <!-- extinguish any fire if wet or if buffExtinguishFire is executed -->
		<requirements compare_type="or">
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,1" operation="LTE" value="@_wetness"/>
			<requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffExtinguishFire"/>
		</requirements>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningFlamingArrow"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningMolotov"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningMolotov2"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningEnvironmentHack"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningEnvironment"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningElement"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurning"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInjuryBleeding"/>
	</effect_group>

<effect_group> <!-- terminate only if all burn buffs are gone -->
		<requirements>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningFlamingArrow"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningMolotov"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningMolotov2"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningEnvironmentHack"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningEnvironment"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningElement"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningElement2"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurning"/>
		</requirements>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffIsOnFire"/>
	</effect_group>

<effect_group> <!-- run particles -->
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachParticleEffectToEntity" particle="p_onFire" local_offset="0,0.75,0"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEnteredGame" action="AttachParticleEffectToEntity" particle="p_onFire" local_offset="0,0.75,0"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="RemoveParticleEffectFromEntity" particle="p_onFire"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="RemoveParticleEffectFromEntity" particle="p_onFire" />

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AddJournalEntry" journal="onFireTip"/>

<passive_effect name="BuffResistance" operation="base_add" value="1" tags="buffInjuryBleeding"/>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

That should remove the bleeding buff and make you immune while on fire. I haven't tested it beyond "It doesn't break the game" so I make no promises. :p

Thanks! That removes the bleeding when I use a waterdrink! Should be doable to survive the bunker now!

I wonder if it's something to do with the uuhh. that demonic perk to negate some physical damage.

I -think- it started happening around the same time i bought into 5 ranks in that perk, but on the otherhand, it happens to my buddy to which has choosen the tech tree instead. I did notice I am immune to spikes now though :p

Ah. I see. Would it be possible to have the effect's like that puke-wight showup in the buffs? Would have made it more clear :)

(and about the demonportals from earlier, I wasn't gonna farm XP, I was gonna farm for gyroparts :D )

((actually, how about having those gyrocomponents craftable as the perk for the completionist instead of the increased XP?))

A few of us have been testing out the bleeding thing and honestly cannot get it to reproduce at all. So I have no idea what's going on in your case.

And that's with either all tech or all demon too. So.... no clue.

The puke buff is an instant-effect, so not really. I can trigger a tooltip though (shows above the hotbar).

You can still farm the rad biome itself for gyro parts. The respawn rate is pretty fast. And no, it's not going to be a perk you can just get.

Hey Khaine love the mod and what it brings into 7dtd. I don't have any issues when I am playing and everything seems to be working fine, but i do have an odd issue that i can't seem to "fix". I don't get any output logs when I play this mod. Is that a normal thing or should I re-download the mod?

@KhaineGB Sorry for disturbing but i meet two problems regulary :

First one : when i try to take a reward for a tier V Fetch quest, my console open, say no item found, i have the popup with xp and coins but can't choose any object cause the list is empty.

Second one : On the wood POI with lot of leed, oil, coal, iron etc... When i die on it, my backpack doesn't appear on my map when i respawn, same for vehicles. Last time, i died there, my motorcycle disapear. So well, i continue playing and craft a 4X4. I went for a run but when drive near the famous POI, i was teleported on my motorbike who magically reappear !

Good job for your amazing mod !

@KhaineGB Sorry for disturbing but i meet two problems regulary :

First one : when i try to take a reward for a tier V Fetch quest, my console open, say no item found, i have the popup with xp and coins but can't choose any object cause the list is empty.

Second one : On the wood POI with lot of leed, oil, coal, iron etc... When i die on it, my backpack doesn't appear on my map when i respawn, same for vehicles. Last time, i died there, my motorcycle disapear. So well, i continue playing and craft a 4X4. I went for a run but when drive near the famous POI, i was teleported on my motorbike who magically reappear !

Good job for your amazing mod !

Not gonna lie, i'm not sure what's going on with the quest thing. I had someone else report it, but ONLY on a server... but the XML is setup correctly. So I'm going to have to test that. :)

Second one sounds like you may have chunk corruption, for just that area. Sadly it's a vanilla thing. I know there's a way to find out what region that POI is in, then you can delete the region and force the game to reset it, which SHOULD fix it... in theory.

Not gonna lie, i'm not sure what's going on with the quest thing. I had someone else report it, but ONLY on a server... but the XML is setup correctly. So I'm going to have to test that. :)

Second one sounds like you may have chunk corruption, for just that area. Sadly it's a vanilla thing. I know there's a way to find out what region that POI is in, then you can delete the region and force the game to reset it, which SHOULD fix it... in theory.

Thanks a lot ! I play on SP game. I will try that !

Howdy,

I came up with this idea for a mod I call "wrath of the living dead" Basically its Darkness Falls but with the items and monsters from Fantasy and sorcerer mods that add a main questline to the game where a cult caused all the zombies and other monsters to rise because they summoned Beelzebub so the goal is to kill 4 bosses in the maps 4 cornes and enter the dark castle at 0,0. i'd do it myself but I don't know how. How's that sound? ;)

First off, love the mod. The hubby and I are REALLY enjoying it! Just a couple of things we can't find the answers to, though...

He got Master Mechanic, but it has not unlocked the ability to make 4x4s or muscle cars. He can make 4x4 parts, but doesn't seem to have any way of putting them together or creating the full vehicle itself (or any of the mods). We're pretty sure we're missing something, but can't figure out what.

I've looked around on the forum thread, but haven't seen this addressed anywhere. Sorry if I've missed it. Could someone point us in the right direction, please?

Oh... As an aside... We have it set to zombies always walk, but quite a lot of them seem to run anyway. What gives?

Edited by VagabondClown (see edit history)

Hey Khaine, just a heads-up on a small error in the Advanced Settings menu. Under "AI BLOCK DAMAGE" the 95 and 100% settings are combined, i.e. "95100%". I assume it's just a missing comma in the xml file but thought I'd point it out. Also, 25% is the default setting. Is this correct? Seems low. Loving this mod, man!

Any vehicle that ISN'T a bicycle/minibike has to be made in the Mechanics Workstation (which you get at Grease Monkey 3).

Some zombies provide a speed buff to all other zombies in the area (footballers).

He's been using the Mechanics Workstation, Grease Monkey is maxed. It recently started saying he can do the APC at some point after we logged back in after dinner (though he hasn't tried that one), but the motorcycle and 4x4 are greyed out and say he can't make them. It looks like it would if he didn't have the recipes unlocked.

We just fought a few zombies (spiders, cop, bloated, wight, etc) in the middle of the day and several of them were running. No footballers that I saw. Does the wight give a speed boost, too?

Thanks for any further insight you can give on the whole vehicle thing. It's so odd that it appears he has all the prerequisites and they still don't work. :/

He's been using the Mechanics Workstation, Grease Monkey is maxed. It recently started saying he can do the APC at some point after we logged back in after dinner (though he hasn't tried that one), but the motorcycle and 4x4 are greyed out and say he can't make them. It looks like it would if he didn't have the recipes unlocked.

Is he lvl 50?Bcz every class need lvl 50,then you can make it's mastery items.

Hey Khaine, just a heads-up on a small error in the Advanced Settings menu. Under "AI BLOCK DAMAGE" the 95 and 100% settings are combined, i.e. "95100%". I assume it's just a missing comma in the xml file but thought I'd point it out. Also, 25% is the default setting. Is this correct? Seems low. Loving this mod, man!

100 is default,and yes it's bugged,I first set that on 95100%,thinking that maybe a menu glitch,but in game when I saw a zombie taking out steel door with just 1 hit,either set it on 95 or 125.Bloodmoon ai damage is separate thing.

100 is default,and yes it's bugged,I first set that on 95100%,thinking that maybe a menu glitch,but in game when I saw a zombie taking out steel door with just 1 hit,either set it on 95 or 125.Bloodmoon ai damage is separate thing.

OK, this was an easy fix. Navigate to your Data/Config/XUi_Menu folder and edit windows.xml with notepad++. Do a search for "95100" (without the quotes) and add a comma and space between 95 and 100 - then save. Should work fine now - and 100% shows properly as default.

If you don't change this your zom's are incredibly weak and pathetic outside of a Blood Moon because it defaults to 25% due to the error.