Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I downloaded the Server files zip from location of version 2.3 and have tried instructions as many diff ways as I could think of and doesnt work.

I extracted all of server files from master zip to the 7dtd folders as instructed and get lots of red and yellow errors.

I got version 2.11 server to work, but not new one.

Insights? Any help would be appreciated.

First off, love this mod!!! Thank you for making it. Amazing work!!! Wish I could do this.

Only difference I found is from v 2.11, I found the folder in 7dtd that matched folder in master zip and replaced one for one.

Version 2.3 I couldnt locate the 7dtd server folder to replace.

Edited by Chad.thome (see edit history)

Ok.

Download the 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server build from the Tools section on steam.

Then go to your Steam/Steamapps/Common folder and look for 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server.

Go into that folder.

Then open the server ZIP file you downloaded. Drag the 3 folders from there, to the dedicated server folder (7DaysToDieServer_Data, Data, Mods). You should eventually be asked to overwrite. Click yes.

Then edit serverconfig.xml. Set up your gameworld however you want (DFalls-Navezgane, DFalls-Small, DFalls-Small2, DFalls-Medium or RWG. If using RWG, enter a seed, not needed for the other map names).

Then go down to MaxZombies and set it to at LEAST 85, 100 max.

Set EAC to false.

Then save and double click startdedicated.bat.

That should do it. :)

So not sure if this is a bug in the game to the mod.

But went to my game yesterday and half my base was missing? , just deleted and missing. like part of the chunk reset. as i'm playing single player on my PC i just used the CM menu to restore all i had lost and rebuild my base.. My base was not on a POI was in a field like normal. though part of it does cross a road.

Now today even more odd, start my game and my character is reset to zero like a brand new character, but still the days 31 on my game and my base is all still there with my characters stuff and my landclaim block.

Not sure what is happening? any ideas?

As a note i have no other mods installed just v2.3 Darkness falls and i'm playing single player on my PC not a server.

I did use NitroGen to make the map as well.

But anyway think i will generate a new work and start afresh.

Edited by QuantumX (see edit history)

Hi all anybody know if there is any way of easily adding the bunker POIs into an RWG map that hasn't spawned them i must be unlucky this wipe.

You can edit the prefabls.xml to add them in. The problem is it will need a new save to actually spawn them.

I've HEARD you can delete the regions where the prefabs are to force a world regenerate, but I've never tried it so cannot confirm. :)

So not sure if this is a bug in the game to the mod.

But went to my game yesterday and half my base was missing? , just deleted and missing. like part of the chunk reset. as i'm playing single player on my PC i just used the CM menu to restore all i had lost and rebuild my base.. My base was not on a POI was in a field like normal. though part of it does cross a road.

Now today even more odd, start my game and my character is reset to zero like a brand new character, but still the days 31 on my game and my base is all still there with my characters stuff and my landclaim block.

Not sure what is happening? any ideas?

As a note i have no other mods installed just v2.3 Darkness falls and i'm playing single player on my PC not a server.

I did use NitroGen to make the map as well.

But anyway think i will generate a new work and start afresh.

Chunk corruption (missing bits of base) is sadly a vanilla issue.

I'm not sure why your profile got reset though. O.o

Hello. I have a problem that started on day 14 when the scenery changes to blood moon. I started to get "InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type" over and over again. I play with my friends and I made the game (not dedicated). I had to alt+F4 then I quit the game, restarted the game, started the seed that I play with them. When I entered, the error was gone and everything looked good, till one of my friends entered and the same thing happend. Searched for some solution online but nothing like my situation so here I am. (to continue playing, I changed the time to day 13 at 4 in the morning and no more error even thought my friends logged in, day 14 blood moon didn't trigger but at day 21 when the blood moon scenery changes, I got the same error and situation). Is there anything I can do to save this playthrough or I need to a fresh start? And will it happen again?

Am I missing something about farming in this mod? I have water within 4 blocks of my crops - they consumed water once and went to the Growing stage but now its been 2 in-game days and nothing. Is there a video or a small guide that explains farming in the mod better?

Hello. I have a problem that started on day 14 when the scenery changes to blood moon. I started to get "InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type" over and over again. I play with my friends and I made the game (not dedicated). I had to alt+F4 then I quit the game, restarted the game, started the seed that I play with them. When I entered, the error was gone and everything looked good, till one of my friends entered and the same thing happend. Searched for some solution online but nothing like my situation so here I am. (to continue playing, I changed the time to day 13 at 4 in the morning and no more error even thought my friends logged in, day 14 blood moon didn't trigger but at day 21 when the blood moon scenery changes, I got the same error and situation). Is there anything I can do to save this playthrough or I need to a fresh start? And will it happen again?

That's the bloodmoonenginekiller mod.

Go to Mods/DarknessFalls/Harmony and delete Harmony-Mythixdino_BloodMoonVehicleBuster.dll. We're testing fixes right now.

Hey guys. I have a few questions.

Where is the biggest chance to find titanium? I digged a lot and can't find anything. Which deep, biome, etc?

Are there hazmat boots?

Thx

Yes there are hazmat boots.

Titanium spawns 10 blocks above bedrock in all biomes. Wasteland has the best chance and also spawns on the surface.

Am I missing something about farming in this mod? I have water within 4 blocks of my crops - they consumed water once and went to the Growing stage but now its been 2 in-game days and nothing. Is there a video or a small guide that explains farming in the mod better?

The farming section of the journal has all the info. Just wait. It can take approx 2 RL hours per stage. Most folk report that having the water flow UNDER the crops works better.

Hi! I bring questions again! (v2.3)

we found (i assume) the other lab POI yesterday, a single well with ladders down to a small staircase and what seems to be a redesigned existing bunkertype prefab.

There were some issues there. Like the larger bunker, the framerate tanks hard on the dedicated server, causing the clients to go at about 9-15 fps for me. I assume it is the sheer amount of Z active, when we opened the first door, there came about 50+ zombies running out.

Which wasn't that bad, but they keeps respawning behind us and allover the place every couple seconds.

And to top of that a screamer spawned on top, and seemed to be able to see us though the ground (?) we checked and she was not down with us or in the staircase but yet screaming for more Z's. so we got a massive horde on top aswell.

Clients Fps tanked to 7-9 xD and we had no choice then to leave.

So. with all that said. is it intentional that the zombies keep spawning behind us/ontop us all the time in there?

The sheer amount of Z's were amazing, but shame the engine can't handle it :(

(It's not really a potato server running either, the server is a Ryzen x1700 with 32Gig ram, and the world itself is on a ramdisk, leaving about 12 Gb free when server is running)

Hi

there are two types of bunker:

the bigger one appears in wasteland the door is under the first small tent this is where the portals are and the smallest appears in burning_forest and the entrance is a well

Hello, I am playing the DF Medium map. I have looked for days and cannot find either bunker location. Can anyone assist me with the map coordinates of the entrances?

Hello, I am playing the DF Medium map. I have looked for days and cannot find either bunker location. Can anyone assist me with the map coordinates of the entrances?

If you are desperate, you can probably open the world folder and go through the poi list file and find their coordinates.

Hey again, I know this is gonna be a hard question to answer most likely, but I am trying to integrate Mayic's Firearms 2 mod into your mod. The only problem I am currently encountering is with the trader - whenever I access the Item Trade screen, I get an ArgumentOutOfRangeException with Parameter name: index. I've never modded before but could this be because the added trader items from the second mod exceed the max allowed items in the Item Trade screen?

Is this easily fixable through .xml changes?

EDIT: Yep, the problem is exactly what I thought it was - if you wanna add Mayic's mod to your Darkness Falls setup -> go to traders.xml in the Firearms 2 config folder and scroll down to find the line

<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id=1' and @max_inventory='80]/@max_inventory">120</set> and change the "120" value to something higher (4000, for example, works fine for me).

EDIT 2: Twists and turns in this saga! Apparently setting the max amount of inventory items isn't the problem, because I got this error again after not getting it the first time I visited the trader. I'm guessing its related to a single item / few items from the other mod.

Edited by bida2 (see edit history)

Hi! I bring questions again! (v2.3)

we found (i assume) the other lab POI yesterday, a single well with ladders down to a small staircase and what seems to be a redesigned existing bunkertype prefab.

There were some issues there. Like the larger bunker, the framerate tanks hard on the dedicated server, causing the clients to go at about 9-15 fps for me. I assume it is the sheer amount of Z active, when we opened the first door, there came about 50+ zombies running out.

Which wasn't that bad, but they keeps respawning behind us and allover the place every couple seconds.

And to top of that a screamer spawned on top, and seemed to be able to see us though the ground (?) we checked and she was not down with us or in the staircase but yet screaming for more Z's. so we got a massive horde on top aswell.

Clients Fps tanked to 7-9 xD and we had no choice then to leave.

So. with all that said. is it intentional that the zombies keep spawning behind us/ontop us all the time in there?

The sheer amount of Z's were amazing, but shame the engine can't handle it :(

(It's not really a potato server running either, the server is a Ryzen x1700 with 32Gig ram, and the world itself is on a ramdisk, leaving about 12 Gb free when server is running)

Yes that's intended. The bunker has 3 bags that spawn zombies. 1 near the door, 1 in the back room, 1 in another room. You have to destroy them.

The screamer is coming because you're making a ton of gun noise. :p

<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="-4865,14,4197" rotation="2" />
<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Resarch_Lab1" position="5358,19,-5412" rotation="3" />
<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Military_Bunker" position="-4080,37,3140" rotation="1" />
<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Military_Bunker" position="3970,36,3250" rotation="1" />	
<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Military_Bunker" position="-4100,35,-3190" rotation="1" />
<decoration type="model" name="DFalls_Military_Bunker" position="4100,36,-3200" rotation="1" />

There you go :)

Hey again, I know this is gonna be a hard question to answer most likely, but I am trying to integrate Mayic's Firearms 2 mod into your mod. The only problem I am currently encountering is with the trader - whenever I access the Item Trade screen, I get an ArgumentOutOfRangeException with Parameter name: index. I've never modded before but could this be because the added trader items from the second mod exceed the max allowed items in the Item Trade screen?

Is this easily fixable through .xml changes?

EDIT: Yep, the problem is exactly what I thought it was - if you wanna add Mayic's mod to your Darkness Falls setup -> go to traders.xml in the Firearms 2 config folder and scroll down to find the line

<set xpath="/traders/trader_info[@id=1' and @max_inventory='80]/@max_inventory">120</set> and change the "120" value to something higher (4000, for example, works fine for me).

EDIT 2: Twists and turns in this saga! Apparently setting the max amount of inventory items isn't the problem, because I got this error again after not getting it the first time I visited the trader. I'm guessing its related to a single item / few items from the other mod.

It's not the amount of inventory the trader has.

It's the amount of categories the trader can display.

Is that changeable through xml changes?

It's an absolute pain, but yes. You'd have to edit all the items.xml to change the caterogies the new items are added to. That's the "neat" way.

If you want to do it the "dirty" way, find this under windowTrader in windows.xml.

<grid name="categories" pos="-5,7" rows="3" cols="15" width="390" height="43" cell_width="28" cell_height="28" repeat_content="true" controller="CategoryList">
<category_icon />
</grid>

Change cols to something larger, like 30.

Yes that's intended. The bunker has 3 bags that spawn zombies. 1 near the door, 1 in the back room, 1 in another room. You have to destroy them.

The screamer is coming because you're making a ton of gun noise. :p

ahhh. we never had the time to check for things due to the quick spawning (and slideshow fps) xD, we will return!

Does the screamer scream by just the sounds now? hasn't it been that they had to spot a player before to scream? that would be amazing if so :D

No idea on the screamer thing.

All I know is if they play their "alert" sound (which is the scream), then they summon zombies. But I haven't messed with the screamers other than to add in some extra textures.

Thats interesting. Since we are certain they could not have seen any of us and were screaming (we were underground and they had not come down the hatch) They had summoned a -huge- horde who had dug a giant hole right outside the well so we had a surprise for us when we had to retreat from the bunker below xD Gonna place turrets and generators outside the well next time we go there :p