Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Hello there! First and foremost I Along with my friends Love your Mod and it has revitalized our love for 7D2D!

My question is, I have have a server that is running This Mod (Had it installed a couple of weeks ago) and I see that V 2.3 is out now, which files specifically do I need to replace onto the server? Just seeing if I can save time and just upload the ones that were changed as opposed to uploading the whole 2.6 GB of data.

Hey KhaineGB - I'd like to petition 7daytodie.com to give Darkness Falls its own forum. You know how terrible it is for us to try and navigate 224 pages to find "why can't i get my advance forge perk", and I'm sure you hate having to answer the same question over and over because the community can't help each other easily. If I could make a forum post called "Why cam't I get my advanced forge perk" then you or someone could assist, and bam its there for others.

Would they do this?

Hello there! First and foremost I Along with my friends Love your Mod and it has revitalized our love for 7D2D!

My question is, I have have a server that is running This Mod (Had it installed a couple of weeks ago) and I see that V 2.3 is out now, which files specifically do I need to replace onto the server? Just seeing if I can save time and just upload the ones that were changed as opposed to uploading the whole 2.6 GB of data.

Ooof. I can't even remember what I've changed.... :D I know you'll need Mods/DarknessFalls/Harmony, 7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed, Data/Config and Data/Bundles/GKRTorch.unity3d as a minimum.

Hello! How to return XP popup in the bottom right.

You can't.

Great job with the mod - Lovein it... :02.47-tranquillity:

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)

Any info on animal farming?I got wolf and boar,but not placing them,since I don't know how to feed them.

Check the Animal Husbandry section of the journal. It has all the info.

Hey KhaineGB - I'd like to petition 7daytodie.com to give Darkness Falls its own forum. You know how terrible it is for us to try and navigate 224 pages to find "why can't i get my advance forge perk", and I'm sure you hate having to answer the same question over and over because the community can't help each other easily. If I could make a forum post called "Why cam't I get my advanced forge perk" then you or someone could assist, and bam its there for others.

Would they do this?

I doubt they'd do that. They haven't for more complicated mods like Ravenhearst. Shame really because I think it'd be a great idea for DF, RH, WotW and UL (when SubQuake finally releases it)

- - - Updated - - -

Forum derp, so replying to these in a seperate post. :)

Also steel wrench is also bugged or maybe it's intended,when I use it on cars,it give me 2 batteries or 2 engines same quality at same time.Also wrenching cars increase your's scavenging skills.

And thanks for bunker locations info

Wrenching to level scavenging is intended. The item thing is... sort-of not intended but I just decided to leave it. Seems appropriate for a class-mastery item.

We found another of the large demonbunker POI's, but it's totally impossible to do now with every fireball hit we're getting that bleeding effect :(

Any ideas on how to fix that? It does seem to dehydrate like the fire effect though.

I also have encountered a bug twice now, when the hungerdebuff seems to fire off several times almost causing starvation even when eating large meals. Both times there has been a kindof hazy/drunken effect on the screen before it happens.

The bleeding effect I cannot confirm OR reproduce. It's working absolutely fine for me locally and I have confirmed the ranged attacks DO NOT proc bleeding in the XML. I used the cop as a base to get the hand items all working, and they don't proc bleeding either.

The second isn't a bug. It's an effect of the Mutated Wight. All mutated zombies have some kind of special effect... that's the wights. He makes you throw up. You can thank my wife for that idea. :p

I just wanted to comment and say this mod and a few others, though this one chiefly has made me fall in love with 7 Days all over again. Thank you for the hard work you put into this mod.

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

EDIT: Potential fix for Holo. Go on to the server, open buffs.xml and search for buffIsOnFire.

Replace it with this.

<buff name="buffIsOnFire" name_key="buffIsOnFireName" description_key="buffIsOnFireDesc" tooltip_key="buffIsOnFireTooltip" icon="ui_game_symbol_fire" icon_color="255,0,0" icon_blink="true">
	<damage_type value="Heat"/>
	<stack_type value="ignore"/>
	<duration value="0"/>
	<update_rate value="1"/>
	<!-- bookkeeping for all burning buffs -->

<effect_group> <!-- extinguish any fire if wet or if buffExtinguishFire is executed -->
		<requirements compare_type="or">
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,1" operation="LTE" value="@_wetness"/>
			<requirement name="HasBuff" buff="buffExtinguishFire"/>
		</requirements>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningFlamingArrow"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningMolotov"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningMolotov2"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningEnvironmentHack"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningEnvironment"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurningElement"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffBurning"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffInjuryBleeding"/>
	</effect_group>

<effect_group> <!-- terminate only if all burn buffs are gone -->
		<requirements>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningFlamingArrow"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningMolotov"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningMolotov2"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningEnvironmentHack"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningEnvironment"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningElement"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurningElement2"/>
			<requirement name="NotHasBuff" buff="buffBurning"/>
		</requirements>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffUpdate" action="RemoveBuff" buff="buffIsOnFire"/>
	</effect_group>

<effect_group> <!-- run particles -->
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachParticleEffectToEntity" particle="p_onFire" local_offset="0,0.75,0"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEnteredGame" action="AttachParticleEffectToEntity" particle="p_onFire" local_offset="0,0.75,0"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="RemoveParticleEffectFromEntity" particle="p_onFire"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDied" action="RemoveParticleEffectFromEntity" particle="p_onFire" />

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AddJournalEntry" journal="onFireTip"/>

<passive_effect name="BuffResistance" operation="base_add" value="1" tags="buffInjuryBleeding"/>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

That should remove the bleeding buff and make you immune while on fire. I haven't tested it beyond "It doesn't break the game" so I make no promises. :p

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Hi, first i would like to say thanks for all your time you all put in to this.

One thing that's been bothering me(us) how do you get the energy cells if you cannot make them ?, so in turn to be able to make the fusion forge.

Except for lag we do enjoy the mod a lot and play pretty much daily or at least when possible.

Hey Khaine, question. I could probably figure this out for myself, but to save some time and frustration... when you invoke the debug menu there's an option about half way down called "Speed". I like my games to be as long as possible (of course I turn everything to max slow in the regular menu) but this setting really makes a difference in game time. Default is 3 but I like a setting of 1. Unfortunately, it's not persistent so I have to change it every time I fire the game up. How would I make that setting permanent? Is it possible? Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I'm using DUST2DEATH's HDHQ Overhaul in 4k. Man, really great if you have the hardware. Thanks for making them work together and kudos to him for a great mod too. If anybody out there hasn't tried the two together I highly recommend it. He also has a 2k version. Just thought I would throw that out there. The two mods together are truly sweet! Did I say how awesome they work together? LOL! Thanks again!

Where's that dang steel crafting perk? My big forge is up and running and when I try to craft steel I see that I need to get the steel crafting perk. But for the life of me I don't see a steel crafting perk. There's steel tools crafting, steel armor crafting and titanium crafting but no perk that just says "steel crafting." My science crafting is 3, tools crafting is 3 and weapons crafting is 2 and I'm level 52 so I'm pretty sure I meet any requirements. What am I missing?

Hi, first i would like to say thanks for all your time you all put in to this.

One thing that's been bothering me(us) how do you get the energy cells if you cannot make them ?, so in turn to be able to make the fusion forge.

Except for lag we do enjoy the mod a lot and play pretty much daily or at least when possible.

You should get plenty looting the bunkers. :)

Hey Khaine, question. I could probably figure this out for myself, but to save some time and frustration... when you invoke the debug menu there's an option about half way down called "Speed". I like my games to be as long as possible (of course I turn everything to max slow in the regular menu) but this setting really makes a difference in game time. Default is 3 but I like a setting of 1. Unfortunately, it's not persistent so I have to change it every time I fire the game up. How would I make that setting permanent? Is it possible? Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks!

Also, I'm using DUST2DEATH's HDHQ Overhaul in 4k. Man, really great if you have the hardware. Thanks for making them work together and kudos to him for a great mod too. If anybody out there hasn't tried the two together I highly recommend it. He also has a 2k version. Just thought I would throw that out there. The two mods together are truly sweet! Did I say how awesome they work together? LOL! Thanks again!

I know exactly which speed thing you mean. If you ever get bored, give yourself god mode, fly and set it to max just to see what happens to the zombies. It's pretty funny. ;)

However, I do not recommend using that to set game speed. The reason for that is because it somehow messes things up so the game is totally out of sync with effects based on seconds and minutes (like buffs and plant growing times). You'd be better off going into Data/Config/XUi_Menu and editing windows.xml with notepad++

Then find this...

<gameoption name="DayNightLength" title="goDayLength" value_wrap="false" value_type="int" values="15, 30, 45, 60, 75, 90, 105, 120" display_names="" value_localization_prefix="goMinute" />

And just add some extra numbers. That's in minutes. However the mod is absolutely not balanced for anything beyond 90 miniutes. That's why I haven't added any extra options beyond 120. :)

Where's that dang steel crafting perk? My big forge is up and running and when I try to craft steel I see that I need to get the steel crafting perk. But for the life of me I don't see a steel crafting perk. There's steel tools crafting, steel armor crafting and titanium crafting but no perk that just says "steel crafting." My science crafting is 3, tools crafting is 3 and weapons crafting is 2 and I'm level 52 so I'm pretty sure I meet any requirements. What am I missing?

It's called Steel Tool Crafting. I need to fix the localization. :) Requires Tool Crafting 3, Science Crafting 2, Weapon Crafting 2.

Thanks, Khaine! I've been running it at 120 since I started this latest game. Don't think I'll mess with going beyond that. Too bad about the "Speed" setting - I thought I'd found an easy way to make the game even longer. Oh well, I guess that makes sense that changing it would throw all the timing out of wack. No worries, I'll just leave it alone for now. Longer days and nights are definitely on my wish list though. Cheers!

You should get plenty looting the bunkers. :)

We only found a well atm, but that's pointless untill you find a place that allows you to use the cells.

Your not willing to give any more info on were these maybe ?. then again not sure if i want to find a bigger bunker than the last as the game was only running 3fps until we could get the numbers down.

Well thanks for the little info. Can they be in any bio ?.

Hey Guys we have a Problem with our Server. Our Server Crashes all Time. Once after 2min and another Time after20 min. After the Server Crashed we cant spawn in our Sleeping Bags again and must repick them. Anyone can Help us with that Problem why the Server Crahes?

Here are the Logs: https://pastebin.com/CmH62JqV

There's no crash noted in that log, so I have no idea.

Anyone else having problem with hired soldier?I first hired Archer,now soldier.both drink too much water,like too much.i gave soldier 200+ water jar,before horde,after horde he had none.

Will double check but pretty sure I fixed that. Mine were drinking one water maybe every 2-3 hours, which seems reasonable.

Is 2.3A the most up to date Darkness Falls file? I log in today and find the mod no longer working so thinking reinstalling the mod might work. Any ideas? Thanks!

2.30A is the most up to date, yes. :)

We only found a well atm, but that's pointless untill you find a place that allows you to use the cells.

Your not willing to give any more info on were these maybe ?. then again not sure if i want to find a bigger bunker than the last as the game was only running 3fps until we could get the numbers down.

Well thanks for the little info. Can they be in any bio ?.

No it's not pointless. Hoard them.

Burnt biome for the small one. Wasteland for the large one.

Sorry if this is an obvious question but I couldn't find an answer after searching the thread. I'm trying to buy the Workbenches perk but it is grayed out. Which requirement do I need to achieve in order for it to become available?

Put your mouse cursor over the lock icon and it'll tell you what you need.

He's probably posted their location a half dozen times in this thread. Just saying. :)

That would not surprise me, but as this is all done under one thread maybe the 1st post should contain this info, at least the most asked questions ( but maybe the char limit is the problem with that).

There's no crash noted in that log, so I have no idea.

Will double check but pretty sure I fixed that. Mine were drinking one water maybe every 2-3 hours, which seems reasonable.

2.30A is the most up to date, yes. :)

No it's not pointless. Hoard them.

Burnt biome for the small one. Wasteland for the large one.

Put your mouse cursor over the lock icon and it'll tell you what you need.

Thank You.

I double check but pretty sure I fixed that. Mine were drinking one water maybe every 2-3 hours, which seems reasonable.
It only happens when I set him on guard in base,When he follow me outside,he drink as you mentioned.

Also when I place animal(every type),they just follow me,I even placed haybale as bed and food storage box for them.